The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oro Ornament is not sparking anymore

Atlantic575

7 minutes ago, Atlantic575 said:

In Update 19.13.0, the lightning effect was removed, i dont know if accidently or not, but it would be nice to have it back, it was my favorite decoration and now its kinda boring.

I think they wanted to tone it down because as cool as it was, it was a bit much tbh. However I got it FOR that reason, it's annoying that they would change it after. 

1 minute ago, Echorion said:

I think they wanted to tone it down because as cool as it was, it was a bit much tbh. However I got it FOR that reason, it's annoying that they would change it after. 

idk i think it's just a visual glitch, they'd probably say something before they remove a cool effect from a ship ornament.

3 minutes ago, Echorion said:

Unfortunately that's what the ornament is supposed to represent - a conclave Oro, so it's doing what's written on the tin.

However, if it was that much of a problem I don't see why they couldn't have maybe come to a compromise such as reducing how often it sparked or maybe have smaller sparks come from the Oro, but not go across the room so it's not so blatantly in our faces.

Removing it completely? Eh...

Edited by Naith

This HAS to be a glitch, otherwise, i can't @(*()$ believe it, the whole event was a pain the in the &#&#33 to get this ornament, and the only reason to acquire him was his cool effects, and they're gone!

G I V E   E F F E C T S   B A C K   O R   R I O T

Edited by Blacksonfive

• 2 weeks later...

They disabled it due to the sparks crashing low-end PCs because of the amount of sparks building up in the background or something.  It will likely not return unless they find a way to work around it or if enough players complain about it.

1 hour ago, Maverick124 said:

They disabled it due to the sparks crashing low-end PCs because of the amount of sparks building up in the background or something.  It will likely not return unless they find a way to work around it or if enough players complain about it.

Pretty much what im guessing.

There was some memory leak from things running in the background causing issues for players, where items in the background would keep moving even though you've left the area already.