The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ovtavia? Really?

CuteFoxyFox

18 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

oh, Aria sound nice. Plus Game of Thrones instead of My Little Pony. 

Aria is a character in the My Little Pony movie Rainbow Rocks... Try again =p

There are alot of characters in that show and music is a common theme,  the dc thread had nearly a dozen suggestions that would have coincided with MLP.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Aria is a character in the My Little Pony movie Rainbow Rocks... Try again =p

There are alot of characters in that show and music is a common theme,  the dc thread had nearly a dozen suggestions that would have coincided with MLP.

Equestria Girls doesnt count. 

On 13.03.2017 at 0:36 AM, Neptlude said:

Maybe they named her after the witch Octavia? ;D

Reveal hidden contents

mtR6ULF.jpg

They even have similar helm...

My suffering is ready...

Yes +1000.

I will make special colour set bc of her.

This was so obvious, ESPECIALLY if to know why witch Octavia appeared at all. Best votes for best Madoka witch. Btw Madoka OST with Octavia's tool. Mah god, it could be real challenge. Folk music fans unite.

On 3/12/2017 at 3:36 PM, Neptlude said:

Maybe they named her after the witch Octavia? ;D

Reveal hidden contents

mtR6ULF.jpg

They even have similar helm...

My suffering is ready...

Honestly this is the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the name: Octavia Von Seckendorff.
Fits in quite a few ways.

But in the end a name is a name and I don't see why people are getting so worked up.

It's like when people threw a fit over the the name of Valkyr's 4th: Hysteria.

I think there were more interesting and creative name suggestions, I kind of suffer cognitive dissonance with the lack of abstract and surrealism in that name in the context of her theme. Then again though that is just me, I have been playing music ever since I was 8-years old (17-years) so a name like that is a bit too mundane for my tastes. But this is just me of course, I understand it may sound more exotic and exciting. And to be honest, it is just a name at the end of the day, you do not have to call her that if you don't want to.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

On 3/13/2017 at 3:00 AM, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

Bu that's letting them be inconsistent. and I have a hard  time believingthat dDE just looked at all design council and reviewed each suggestion, it was probably a vote of popular options like Ivara was.

We didn't get to vote for the final result this time around though. Names like Atlas, Nova and Titania were first suggested and then voted on but due to time constraints, we only suggested names this time around and DE chose independently. We had no decision power over it after the suggestions themselves. As a friendly advice, I would advice against trying to figure out what happens at Design Council if you do not personally have access to it, because you end up making a lot of assumptions about things you don't know about, and sometimes your assumptions can be misleading and incomplete.

Edited by BETAOPTICS