Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When you try to help the community but come across some bad apples :-(

AbhijitSM

So i decided to give away Ignis Wraith bps for free today to those who don't have the weapon. After giving away one or two i came across this guy who wanted it so that he could give it back to his friend who had given it to him as he didn't want to use it. After a while i trusted him & decided to give it to him only to be told by him that he has 3 now. I don't understand these lying kind of people. Well i guess its my mistake as well but feel bad about such people existing in the community. A part of the convo is listed below.

230410_20170313152652_1_zpspoxo1v8e.png

230410_20170313152734_12_zpslwh3rqmm.png

230410_20170313152845_13_zps5dy6merd.png

Yep, they suck :/ I saw someone also post something like doing a background check on their profile if the player has it or not. I guess at the most, just give one to one person. I know Forma Addict from reddit gave 5 to 23(?) people so they can send it to more, but like you said, that's down to trusting the community. I'll do it one by one though; We have many days to give BPs away anyway :) 

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

So, you decided to give it for free and then got greedy because someone wanted to sell it and get some plat? What's so bad about it? Hate it because someone can make some petty profit?

This. Trade chat is a business. I am not a rotten person, but anything free is potential profit. Business is usual it seems in the trade channel.

Sadly, there will always be people who are looking to take advantage of others like this guy you met.

The only thing I can recommend is to make a name list, to ensure that you're giving them away to people who actually need the bps instead of the hoarders who probably seek easy profit.

Edit: Also incase no one has said it to you yet. Thank you for your generosity.

Edited by Haspitas

Yeah I know imma run into a few of these when this comes to console. I want to also give them away for free. But look at it this way. He can't profit from those if everyone has it. Besides it was a matter of time you was gonna run into these types of ppl. Just think about it. You gave away free bps to ppl who probably already has one. But they can't sell em because players already has it or already know it isn't worth plat.

12 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

So, you decided to give it for free and then got greedy because someone wanted to sell it and get some plat? What's so bad about it? Hate it because someone can make some petty profit?

The problem is he didnt have to say he has 3 or whatever. just take it and keep your mouth shut. I honestly wouldnt be mad if they tried to sell it, but I would if they makes some snark remark.

I'm more curios why people like that don't have enough brain not to brag about it.

The closest to that I've seen was someone who said that all they had were x plat (so say 80 instead of 90) to buy I don't quite remember what now, maybe carrier set. After buying it they said something like lol I have 1000 platinum. Well ok little genius, it's not like I would've sold something for a price that I find too low anyway. So clever so sneaky much wow. Not clever enough to shut up about how clever they are tho.

So, you decided to give it for free and then got greedy because someone wanted to sell it and get some plat?

Greedy? Lmao. OP shouldn't have gifted it to people they don't know but compare it with selling a gift that was given to you and ask yourself if that's "ok".

The idea behind giving away player locked content is that WON'T have to buy it. Genius.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Hey gaiz, I don't have Primed Chamber, could somebody give it to me for free, so I don't buy it from the greedy ppl? Thnks.

I think your sarcasm isn't really needed for this discussion.

The man clearly has intentions to give the Bp to a large number of people within the daily trade limit. And he is unhappy that he met someone who not only doesn't need it, but possibly has intentions to sell them, taking advantage of his generosity.

14 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

If they clearly state that they wanna sell it for plat then its a different thing. But if they lie about it then thats bad ? No ? Also i had clearly stated in my post in trading chat that i wanted to give it away for free only to those who didnt have it. That guy just made up a story to get around it. Cant believe you are justifying this kind of thing. Also i am greedy for being unhappy with this kind of behavior ? How so ? 

Edited by AbhijitSM

18 minutes ago, AbhijitSM said:

So i decided to give away Ignis Wraith bps for free today to those who don't have the weapon.

1 minute ago, AbhijitSM said:

i had clearly stated in my post in trading chat that i wanted to give it away for free only to those who didnt have it. 

Get your facts straight first. You can have 3 BPs and no built weapon, you contradict your own words.

7 minutes ago, Haspitas said:

I think your sarcasm isn't really needed for this discussion.

The man clearly has intentions to give the Bp to a large number of people within the daily trade limit. And he is unhappy that he met someone who not only doesn't need it, but possibly has intentions to sell them, taking advantage of his generosity.

Generosity in a capitalistic market is very hard to come by. There is nothing wrong with selling those blueprints for profit after receiving them for free.

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

Get your facts straight first. You can have 3 BPs and no built weapon, you contradict your own words.

You are trying too hard to be smart by posting the technicalities of it but you aren't. He had a Ignis Wraith in his profile (i obviously check before handing out the bp) but he started the conversation implying he had one already & only wanted one bp to give one back to his friend. Read the screenshot properly maybe ?

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Generosity in a capitalistic market is very hard to come by. There is nothing wrong with selling those blueprints for profit after receiving them for free.

If he had asked for the bps with the intention to sell them since the beginning, then I would agree.

But he clearly lied then pretty much insulted the OP by stating that he already had two Bps before being given the latest one.

I spend 90% of my time farming mods/parts and trading so I have no problem with profit making. But what that person did was terrible.

Edited by Haspitas

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Selling them for plat after receiving them for free is not a problem. The problem is when you lie to get it.

2 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

People even have a nerve to defend such a s*mbag.

How is he a that whatever bag you're referring to? The dude obviously needed some cash, he wouldn't have made thousands of it, what's the big deal? The BPs obviously were worth nothing to the OP.

Wha? He did not want people to spend plat but he would not tolerate them earning it either?

Edited by SeaUrchins

4 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

How is he a that whatever bag you're referring to? The dude obviously needed some cash, he wouldn't have made thousands of it, what's the big deal? The BPs obviously were worth nothing to the OP.

Wha? He did not want people to spend plat but he would not tolerate them earning it either?

You sir seriously lack reading comprehension. No one really cares about other people making plat. But if they have taken a wrong path to it by fooling other people then obviously its bad ? Your replies are not even making sense now. 

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

He is a sc*mbag there's no questions about it.

The time he had spent lying and trying to get several bps he could've as well spent farming prime parts if bps are that 'cheap' - and no one is saying that he "obviously" needed some cash he could have tons of it already especially since he said himself he just tries to stockpile it. No one knows if those bps will worth something or nothing, but more likely they will worth "something" in the future if ignis will remain a player locked content - which is exactly when he will be trying to sell it, not now.

BPs are worth the time he spent getting them it's not like it was gifted just for participating in the event. Again, if you had something for free and gave it for free and that "someone" sold it and had a nerve to even gloat about it asking for more free stuff to sell? Yeeeah totally not a sc*mbag. Perfectly fine.