The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Cernos - Crit Build - What?

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

I was rolling my Rivens and got a Riven for Mutalist Cernos that looks something like this:

+ 190% Damage

+ 100% Status

+ 190% Crit Damage

- 114% Impact

So I decided to mod the Mut Cernos for Crits and it looks like it works quite nice. I saw some threads in the past where some people built the Mut Cernos for Crits because of the clouds.

does it make any sense to go for a Crit build?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

You can hit 100% status so easily on a Mutalist Cernos that having +status% on a riven is frankly a wasted stat, and as others have already said the base crit stats are not worth building towards.

The best riven stats for a Mutalist Cernos, in my opinion, would be +damage, +multishot, +fire rate or +toxin damage, maybe even +status duration.

Crit is perfectly viable on Mutalist Cernos.

+%Status on the Riven allows you to keep a pure Corrosive build for stripping armor. If you were to attain 100% status by using 3 status mods then you'd lose Corrosive proc rate. It's less useful however if you wanted the CC as part of your status. So that depends on what you want from the weapon.

I will say thought that you can get better rolls. +%multishot is ideal for any cloud based weapon.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

+%Status on the Riven allows you to keep a pure Corrosive build for stripping armor. If you were to attain 100% status by using 3 status mods then you'd lose Corrosive proc rate.

It only takes two +60% dual-stat elemental mods to hit 99% status on the Mutalist Cernos, you can keep pure corrosive without +status% on a riven.

Edit: Status on the Mutalist Cernos is not the same as status on a shotgun, getting 100% is barely better than 99%.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

57 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It only takes two +60% dual-stat elemental mods to hit 100% status on the Mutalist Cernos, you can keep pure corrosive without +status% on a riven.

It takes 3 status mods to hit 100% normally. 2 mods will be 99%. Though it's not much difference for a non-shotgun. I was giving a base line comparison.

The Riven stats aren't ideal but they're not as bad as what's been said here. The 100% status is compensated by using 90% mods instead of 60/60 and you lose only a small portion of stats compared to if the Riven had rolled +% Toxic.