The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stand on the console you're supposed to hack? Countdown begins.

CorerMaximus

3 minutes ago, CorerMaximus said:

I played as Loki on the Grineer tileset; I was cloaked and didn't set of any alarms/ data destruction sequence. Before hacking, I stood (moved my warframe over) the console I was supposed to hack and it triggered the sequence. I think it's a bug.

The bug is: You attempt to hack a panel while moving, and you slide away from/on top of/into the panel, which cancels the hacking sequence, and cancelling the hacking sequence fails the cipher and sets off the alarms.

That's annoying, yeah. If you still have momentum when you activate the console, it can interrupt the hacking and trigger the alarms.

I do remember that they stopped us from being able to walk up consoles at some point - you could still jump onto them, but you wouldn't climb them by just walking into them. Dunno why that changed, hopefully unintended.

I thought it was intentional but just annoying. I mean think about it you are basically just slamming random buttons all over the console when you walk on top of it so chances are it would set off something it shouldn't.

Still doing a mission especially if you are Nezha or something; especially given how easy it is to slide a bit or accidentally step up onto one- it's really irritating and can cost you a mission. 

6 minutes ago, The__Q said:

The bug is: You attempt to hack a panel while moving, and you slide away from/on top of/into the panel, which cancels the hacking sequence, and cancelling the hacking sequence fails the cipher and sets off the alarms.

I haven't initiated the hack yet; I'm just standing on top of it and the alarms go off :( 

Oh the 'moving over stuff' is one of my favourite 'features'.... warframes struggle with tiny lips/edges when jumping/climbing etc but at the same time can quite happily run up and over things like a huge console or display lol.  The game really doesn't make sense at times....