Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob question about Mastery and XP

(PSN)ghinellil

Question

I play the game for a while, and i'm sure i can gain Mastery only the first time i reach 30 with weapons and frames.

Now one of my clan mates is making multiple Boar, reach 30 with each, and discard. I looked in the Codex and there is nothing about how Mastery works. Where can i read about this? Something official... Was looking to this link , but no...

17 answers to this question

Does the Wiki's Mastery Rank page not help -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank ?

You are correct. You only get affinity from the weapon the first time you rank it. It is affinity that counts towards your mastery rank. You can rank up a weapon as many times as you like, but you'll only get the affinity the first time you do it.

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Its not clear for Mr you are right i'm actualy working on a tutorial for that.

Ranking up a boar to 30 and making another one should not increase global mastry at all. If it does its a bug.

I don't think he really increase MR with multiple Boars. But while he get new stuff, he see his level going up. So we were arguing about this, but we can't read anywhere how things works... 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I don't think he really increase MR with multiple Boars. But while he get new stuff, he see his level going up. So we were arguing about this, but we can't read anywhere how things works... 

What level is he seeing going up ? The weapons level ? yeah of course he will need to rank it back up to 30 if he buy/craft a new one.

14 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

What level is he seeing going up ? The weapons level ? yeah of course he will need to rank it back up to 30 if he buy/craft a new one.

I mean his mastery, because he get new frames and other new weapons too. Of course the level of any weapon can get up, even if already owned...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I mean his mastery, because he get new frames and other new weapons too. Of course the level of any weapon can get up, even if already owned...

Sorry tenno i'm kinda not at my best ( bad seelping last night )

Lets get that from the start shall we ^.^ 

You mean his mastery. Not the mastery of the weapon right ?

So its the global mastery the one that allows you to rank up right ?

If yeah then its not suposed to go up if the weapons as already been mastered to MR30. If it does its a bug i saw that back in the days the MK-1 braton was not in the exception list. So a guy who bought a bezillion of bratons and was doing draco with them was actualy reaching mr 21 without ranking anything else than braton but it was a bug and it was not intended.

Sadly i cannot try it because i'm not on PS4 so we dont have the same version of the game actualy.

Unless the "mastery point" section in the profile does not include the exlusion of already ranked weapons then i may be or not be intended by DE.

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Sorry tenno i'm kinda not at my best ( bad seelping last night )

Lets get that from the start shall we ^.^ 

You mean his mastery. Not the mastery of the weapon right ?

So its the global mastery the one that allows you to rank up right ?

If yeah then its not suposed to go up if the weapons as already been mastered to MR30. If it does its a bug i saw that back in the days the MK-1 braton was not in the exception list. So a guy who bought a bezillion of bratons and was doing draco with them was actualy reaching mr 21 without ranking anything else than braton but it was a bug and it was not intended.

Sadly i cannot try it because i'm not on PS4 so we dont have the same version of the game actualy.

Unless the "mastery point" section in the profile does not include the exlusion of already ranked weapons then i may be or not be intended by DE.

I try to explain, but english isn't my language...

I think he keep to make duplicates because he see MR going up... but is because he is levelling up other stuff too. Something he not had before. So we ere argue about this, but can't find any "official" informations about. Wiki and forums are debatable.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I play the game for a while, and i'm sure i can gain Mastery only the first time i reach 30 with weapons and frames.

Now one of my clan mates is making multiple Boar, reach 30 with each, and discard. I looked in the Codex and there is nothing about how Mastery works. Where can i read about this? Something official... Was looking to this link , but no...

to stop further mindfuk : you get mastery xp just once per weapon/item in the game( once reached 30). If you forma your stuff you wont get mr xp, if you create and lvl up multiple items of the same type with same name ( as your boar lover friend) you wont get mr xp. Pets, animals, warframes, weapons, archwing, starchat progession give mr xp, the rest doesnt. That said, your friend is getting mr points cause hes probably leveling up at the same time multiple items( his beloved boar wont count in these points).

4 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I try to explain, but english isn't my language...

I think he keep to make duplicates because he see MR going up... but is because he is levelling up other stuff too. Something he not had before. So we ere argue about this, but can't find any "official" informations about. Wiki and forums are debatable.

If I understand what you're saying correctly, your friend sees his Mastery Rank going up while leveling Boar over and over again, and assumes that this means that he can farm Mastery Rank this way. However, you've noticed that while leveling the Boar over and over, he's also equipping stuff that he hasn't leveled before. You're therefore trying to get confirmation that he's leveling his Mastery Rank with the new stuff, not by repeatedly leveling the Boar. Sound right?

If that is the case, then you are indeed correct. If he insists on proof, have him equip a new Boar, but have every other slot either empty, or filled with a Level 30 item. Then, have him check his profile and note the Mastery Rank XP he currently has. Finally, have him do several missions so he gets the new Boar leveled up. As long as he doesn't change his loadout, he can take that weapon from Unranked to 30, and he will see no change in his current Mastery Rank XP. And since he is doing the testing himself, he will have no choice but to accept the results.

Edited by (XB1)D34thst41ker

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

If that is the case, then you are indeed correct. If he insists on proof, have him equip a new Boar, but have every other slot either empty, or filled with a Level 30 item. Then, have him check his profile and note the Mastery Rank XP he currently has. Finally, have him do several missions so he gets the new Boar leveled up. As long as he doesn't change his loadout, he can take that weapon from Unranked to 30, and he will see no change in his current Mastery Rank XP. And since he is doing the testing himself, he will have no choice but to accept the results.

Just be aware that there are other things that earn you mastery that could also confuse the issue, like completing mission nodes or junctions that you've not done before.

4 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Just be aware that there are other things that earn you mastery that could also confuse the issue, like completing mission nodes or junctions that you've not done before.

Oh. I wasn't aware that stuff gave points towards Mastery Rank. I thought it was exclusively through leveling gear and frames. Learn something new every day.

14 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

If it were possible to get mastery from ranking up multiple copies of the same weapon, you'd see players with MR24+.

It isn't, so you don't.

Exactly what i said... but seem nobody know where to read something official. I'll tell him to read wiki, and if not trust the informations there i'll give up :laugh: