The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Auto Install and how does it work?

BornToDevour

Question

So I was redoing the mods on my Nidus and I noticed that under actions there is the option to "Auto Install" described as "Automatically setup your mod configuration." How does this option select mods? Is there any way I can adjust it to prioritize a certain stat (maximize duration for example)? Does it just select what the developers consider a proper build for the frame using the mods I have? Is it entirely random? Why does this button exist?

When I gave it a shot, it chose shotgun amp, rage, blind rage, primed continuity, intensify, transient fortitude, energy conversion, and unranked provoke for my nidus. It also didn't seem to take advantage of polarities as it put the provoked in a dash polarity, used rage in a v polarity instead of a more expensive mod, and left a d polarity blank.

I tried it again and it gave me shotgun amp, rage, streamlined form, power drift, quick thinking, steel fiber, amored agility, endurance drift, and REDIRECTION (still on nidus).

I put this in players helping players in case there is some way to actually use this feature that I am unaware of. If there aren't, I'd probably move my post to feedback asking for the feature to be updated or removed. Thank you for your help!

6 answers to this question

It installs the highest 'Conclave Rating' mods first, to polarised slots if possible, until you have no points left.  This is why you get more expensive mods not in polarised slots, they aren't as high a Conclave Rating.  The Conclave Rating stems from the early days of Conclave when it used standard mods instead of it's own set and an attempt was made to balance peoples loadouts by rating each mod.  Unfortunately the ratings rarely made sense with some mods such as the basic Status mods (generally thought to be trash) having very high ratings.  Auto install does not consider the frame or weapon's unique attributes or what mods they might benefit most from.  As has been mentioned, it used to be used when building Specters as it was a quick way to get a high Conclave Rating which used to be a limit on whether or not you could build Specters (until they removed Companions from the total Conclave value since the Specter didn't get a companion and accidentally made it impossible to get the required Conclave to build the top level Specter).

Its more like a random mods button it doesnt fix it any proper way or useful way and if you have that frames augments it prioritizes those as far as i can tell then just put random mods in for rest. So i would just ignore that button unless you feeling daring and adventurous in one of your missions to have a subpar/crappy build.

Its an old throwback to a time when conclave points meant something and its only use was in the creation of specters from warframe loadouts or certain kinds of tactical alerts that had a conclave point limitations. Today it literally just slaps on random mods that are usually utterly and completely useless so just ignore the button.