Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus bug (?)

Zoinho1

Question

Ravenous no longer healing terminals, cryopod and most important (for me) excavator, npcs (specter) still heal. I remember on the first week of Nidus release, I witnessed an Nidus player able to save a excavator with less of 500 health and put back to 2500 with ravenous. I'm trying Nidus just now so i don't know if is really a bug (i look on Nidus wiki and don't see a note about ravenous healing list) or is working as intended.

*just a note, that make him 100% useless for excavations.

12 answers to this question

Nidas healing targets with Ravenous was confirmed as a bug and fixed in hotfix 19.5.4.

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.5.4

Nidus Changes & Fixes:

• Changed Nidus’ Parasitic Link and Ravenous ability stat description from ‘ADAPTATION STACKS COST’ to ‘MUTATION STACKS COST’.
  • Increased the brightness of both Nidus’ Ravenous Maggot tails and their death FX to improve visibility.
  • Improved Nidus’ Maggot visibility if performance was suffering.
  • Nidus’ Larva will now release an enemy if it fails to ragdoll them within 3 seconds. Before, enemies that were considered ragdoll immune (not including enemies trapped in Bastille) resulted in the inability to cast Larva again due to Larva staying perpetually latched to the enemy.
  • Nidus’ Larva no longer latches enemies trapped in Vauban’s Bastille.
  • Fixed a crash caused by Nidus’ Parasitic Link ability.
  • Fixed Nidus' alternate animation sets displaying placeholder text.
  • Fixed Nidus’ Larva getting destroyed by high damage Quanta alt fire.
  • Fixed being able to heal Defense Targets with Nidus’ Ravenous ability.

Nah not anymore. They seem to deem anything restoring the hitpoints of static objectives at a rapid pace or significant amount unintended for gameplay. Barriers like Snow Globe, Tectonics, Electric Shield, and Cataclysm can be bypassed by enemies so it's fair game.

Also Nidus on Excavations does well to keep enemies away and distracted by maggots.

6 hours ago, Cynical_Scrub said:

Also he is most certainly not useless by any stretch, his larva is too good at CC, especially when combined with virulence.

Larva is good until ancients come - with them larva takes only ancients(if can reach them).

Sadly Nidus does not work as good as at start.

Honestly, it does make some sense that his ravenous would heal those npc style things, like cryo pods/def targets (orokin reactors) because it covers everything in range and literally infests the area(everything it touches)... so it should/could work.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

Aww s***... DE really screw the nice things. That "bug" really make him great for those type of missions, most excavations, because excavator doesn't have armor/scale. If the power cell could heal too instead of just putting the shields back to 500 that would be nice.

About his ravenous not "that" usefull i use hieracon as example, his larvas don't stop those flying things that keep shooting all the time on excavators.

1 hour ago, Death_Master_ said:

Larva is good until ancients come - with them larva takes only ancients(if can reach them).

Sadly Nidus does not work as good as at start.

Only ancient healers stop you from grabbing other enemies. Go try it out, but if that's the case, bring a strong weapon too. Lanka, Tonkor, Lex Prime ect will all make short work of the ancient, and allow you to kill the rest.

26 minutes ago, Cynical_Scrub said:

make short work of the ancient, and allow you to kill the rest.

And if healer is behind wall it isn't so good. I want my old Nidus back with less tacks to revive and no stack loss meeting null, with larva grabbing everything and autodetonating maggots.

People asked for him to be nerfed, so he was nerfed. The changes don't make him underpowered or useless, but he's a tiny bit less strong, and in other ways, such as the maggots he is actually stronger, if you manually kill the maggots you get so many stacks, also It's pretty really hard to die as Nidus to the point where 15 stacks matter.

And I believe the ancient healers stopping the larva from sucking things into it is a bug, I don't see a valid reason as to why they would cause it.