Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4/Xboxone/PC Crossplay

(PSN)Carnatus

PC updates would have to slow down to match the build consoles use.

DE doesn't want to do that.

[DE]Steve has said more than once, live on devstreams, that crossplay would be more trouble than it's worth.  And what [DE]Steve says...goes.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
missed a word

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

PC updates would have to slow down to match the build consoles use.

DE doesn't want to do that.

[DE]Steve has said more than once, live on devstreams, that crossplay would be more trouble than it's worth.  And what [DE]Steve says...goes.

That doesn't mean I can't advocate or discuss it.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

That doesn't mean I can't advocate or discuss it.

True.  But it feels so...pointless.  I don't know about you, but I prefer to not waste my time beating a dead horse.

"PC is on the bleeding edge, they get the updates more often but they also have to deal with more bugs.  Consoles get fewer updates, but they get a more stable environment."  -[DE]Steve

As a redditor said "WF is not in your typical beta, it's in perpetual beta. That means that developers can change core mechanics of the game anytime. That's why it's "beta" game but it's a finished product."

Treating the PC server as the test server isn't necessary. They can implement an ACTUAL test server.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

As a redditor said "WF is not in your typical beta, it's in perpetual beta. That means that developers can change core mechanics of the game anytime. That's why it's "beta" game but it's a finished product."

Treating the PC server as the test server isn't necessary. They can implement an ACTUAL test server.

Let's say the can. Why would they? How would that benefit the game and justify the time and resources spend that would otherwise go in actually make the game better ? 

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

True.  But it feels so...pointless.  I don't know about you, but I prefer to not waste my time beating a dead horse.

"PC is on the bleeding edge, they get the updates more often but they also have to deal with more bugs.  Consoles get fewer updates, but they get a more stable environment."  -[DE]Steve

Just because you feel like a discussion isn't going to go anywhere doesn't mean it won't.

If DE is worth it's salt, they're monitoring every post, sincerely listening to the feedback of their players.

If it feels like I'm using DCUO as a basis for comparison in excess, pardon me, I was a diehard DCUO player for years until Mepps and RadarX tampered with my account illegally. But I know firsthand that there's no such thing as beating a dead horse.

For years, people advocated for the addition of Water Powers to the game, and others would try to shut them down, believing they were wasting their time. Spytle, the creative director himself, even said it was never gonna happen.

Long story short- we're getting Water Powers. So yeah- saying "you're beating a dead horse" or some paraphrase of that is never a valuable contribution to any discussion.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

You're preaching to the choir.

I don't disagree.

Your problem is that Warframe's director, [DE]Steve, has said "no" for years now.  I recommend you message him here or on Twitter.  You can certain try to change his mind.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

PC updates need to slow down to let home consoles catch up, so we can FINALLY have crossplay.

In the meantime, there's a gazillion glitches and errors that could use some attention instead.

Getting stuck in the walls, infinite falling loop, graphical errors with the operator and various cosmetic items, losing connection to the host and not getting mission rewards, the bouts of extreme lag we occasionally get, quality of life updates, *cough* mutagen sample costs for the hema *cough*, and so much more.

Feel free to list several other problems that have been around for years and have yet to receive the proper attention because the devs have been too busy releasing new content instead of polishing and fine tuning what's already here.

Problem here: Say a game breaking bug gets pushed out in a patch to both consoles and PC because it wasn't caught on PC before it hit consoles.
Now everyone has to wait around a week for the bug to be patched due to having to go through certification on the consoles, and depending on the severity of the bug it could mean complete inability to play the game until said bug is fixed.

Congratulations: Game breaking and progress stopping bugs are now going to hit the consoles and can't be easily fixed like on PC where they can push out a patch in hours instead of days!

And besides any errors they would have to deal with both Sony and Microsoft and try to get them to agree to allow crossplay, which I don't see happening.  After all if DE allows crossplay that means that the people on PC who wants to play with their PS4/Xbox1 friends no longer needs to buy a PS4/Xbox1 to play it with them which means potentially lost sales and customers.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Sorry but who would actually be using the test server?
One of the reasons that the entire PC base is the test server is because of how many testers there are.

If they implemented an entire test server who would be on it?  How many users would be testing it?  How would they select for those testers?
Why would anyone test on it?  After all if they are on the test servers they can't play with their friends.

And if only a few hundred people are on the servers a massive number of bugs could go through without being noticed due to there simply not being enough people to see a bug that affects only 30-40% of the game population (such as the bug where around 30-40% of people would crash when the inbox was opened).

Part of the reason that having the PC as the test bed works is the thousands of people that test it and in many more ways than the scant few hundred that would go to a test server.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

They have a actual test server but it's limited to certain people.

5 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Let's say the can. Why would they? How would that benefit the game and justify the time and resources spend that would otherwise go in actually make the game better ? 

Because while they're waiting for the consoles to catch up, they can actually focus on making the game better- by fixing the countless bugs in the older content.

So long as they're fixated on only releasing new content, they can't fix what's already here.

Not to mention, as I've stated, using the PC as the test server is just wrong.

Most games these days have a separate server specifically designed for testing new updates before they're released to the public, usually requiring membership.

This would boost membership sales (because people like to see new content before everyone else) and allow Youtubers to actually showcase upcoming content, and everyone to give feedback and report problems before releasing it to the public for everyone to suffer through.

People will actually PAY to be testers! How can any self respecting business pass that up?

The stable build for the non-paying public on consoles and PC, and the unstable but latest build for patrons.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Do they now? Well then, there's the issue.

Open up the test server to Prime Access members, instead of limiting it to...the design console, I presume?

No, it's an internal test server that they have personally. Design council are not selected for it.

And PC is already a test for console technically. There's QA for PC and PC for consoles.

Edited by Kai_Shiba

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Yeah. Uh huh. Totally. Your point?

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I am reading it. How would I be responding to it if I wasn't reading it?

Turning to the teenage girl level arguments, ey lad? You sound like my little sis XD.

Edited by magentagie

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Sorry but who would actually be using the test server?
One of the reasons that the entire PC base is the test server is because of how many testers there are.

If they implemented an entire test server who would be on it?  How many users would be testing it?  How would they select for those testers?
Why would anyone test on it?  After all if they are on the test servers they can't play with their friends.

And if only a few hundred people are on the servers a massive number of bugs could go through without being noticed due to there simply not being enough people to see a bug that affects only 30-40% of the game population (such as the bug where around 30-40% of people would crash when the inbox was opened).

Part of the reason that having the PC as the test bed works is the thousands of people that test it and in many more ways than the scant few hundred that would go to a test server.

You really have no idea, hehe. It's almost cute tbh. It's like I said- people will literally pay to get in.

As for allowing game breaking bugs to reach the consoles, well, then, they have their motivation to thoroughly test everything before releasing it.

Perhaps even offer incentives to players who find and document errors, like free platinum.

They clearly don't test enough as is, and they ignore well known glitches and bugs.