Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Proc

Repiru

Question

6 answers to this question

When you trigger a status effect, the chance for each one will be calculated depending on their damage percentage on the weapon.
It's a bit confusing, so I give you an example :

If you weapon have 20% status chance, 10 viral damages and 40 radiation damages, your weapon will have 10/(10+40)=20% of viral damages and 40/(10+20)=80% radiation damages.
So, on a status proc, your weapon wil have 20% chance to proc viral and 80% chance to proc radiations, resulting to 0.2*0.2=4% chance of viral per bullet and 0.2*0.8=16% chance to proc viral per bullet.

Additionnally, if a weapon have both physical and elemental damages, physical damages will count x8 x4  compared to element in the total percentage.
So, if you have a weapon with 10 impact damages and 20 toxin damages, you will have 10*8/(10*8+20)=80% 10*4/(10*4+20)=75% chance to proc impact and 20/(10*8+20)=20% 20/(10*4+20)=25% chance to proc toxin.

Edited by lukinu_u
Corrected the x8 to x4

4 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

When you trigger a status effect, the chance for each one will be calculated depending on their damage percentage on the weapon.
It's a bit confusing, so I give you an example :

If you weapon have 20% status chance, 10 viral damages and 40 radiation damages, your weapon will have 10/(10+40)=20% of viral damages and 40/(10+20)=80% radiation damages.
So, on a status proc, your weapon wil have 20% chance to proc viral and 80% chance to proc radiations, resulting to 0.2*0.2=4% chance of viral per bullet and 0.2*0.8=16% chance to proc viral per bullet.

Additionnally, if a weapon have both physical and elemental damages, physical damages will count x8 compared to element in the total percentage.
So, if you have a weapon with 10 impact damages and 20 toxin damages, you will have 10*8/(10*8+20)=80% chance to proc impact and 20/(10*8+20)=20% chance to proc toxin.

Is that your own theory or can someone confirm that? Maybe some proof of that? I ask because I never heard something like that before.

6 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Is that your own theory or can someone confirm that? Maybe some proof of that? I ask because I never heard something like that before.

The multiplier for IPS is 4x instead of 8. But that is the way status works yeah. Proc chance depends on % of total damage. It is why main slash based status weapons are a lot stronger then main impact / puncture status weapons. as the slash weapon provides a lot more slash effects. The other 2 do have their advantages though, but not in damage.

Edited by Airwolfen