The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mechanic Concept] Awakening Mode {Channeling and Focus System Combined into One} THANKS FOR MY 4TH PRIME TIME RECOGNIZED FAN CONCEPT

FoxFX

Wow. 

That's a lot of work you put in this thread, + your ideas are really interesting and would probably balance the focus system and give a "beast mode" feel to it.

Funny how the beast mode was what DE had in mind when they first told us about the Focus system a long time ago :) 

12 hours ago, DeadScream said:

Wow. 

That's a lot of work you put in this thread, + your ideas are really interesting and would probably balance the focus system and give a "beast mode" feel to it.

Funny how the beast mode was what DE had in mind when they first told us about the Focus system a long time ago :) 

I did not learn about [DE]'s initial intention on the Focus System until just last night. At this point, I feel it might be the best direction to go for both Melee Channeling and Focus System as a mechanic.

Many players have felt that the Warframes can feel extremely gimmicky or under-powered against swarms of enemies when the lore of the game dictates that the Warframes were otherwise.

I still have much I would like to work on in this concept.

UPDATING CHAPTER

BASIC BONUSES FROM AWAKENING MODE (EXCLUDING FOCUS)

For now, a player entering Awakening Mode can gain the following buffs while under this state:

• High Increase in Melee Weapon Damage
  • Moderate-Low increase in Primary and Secondary Weapon Damage
  • Moderate increase in Shields/Health/Armor
  • Extended Combo Count Duration
  • Low Melee Life Steal

As for how much would increase in these parameters will be up to interpretation. The current Channeling Mods can be adjusted to improve the performances of the Awakening Mode and in this concept, Melee Channeling will not have Energy Efficiency stats.

There would be a cooldown after the duration of Awakening is finished that is based on the amount of time spent on the Awakening Mode. Players would be able to cancel out the Awakening state to mitigate the length of the duration.

Had to remove a part of the OP to shorten and to condense it into the updated chapter.

Working on updating another chapter about the current Channeling Mods and how they can change in the Awakening Mode.

Working in a new chapter to add in a feature in the Warframe Appearance Menu which would allow players to get a preview of hot their Warframes would look under Channeling/Awakening.

Hey buddy I saw this in prime time mabey there considereing your idea and mabey if we are vocal enough they might do it although I could be wrong but I would love to see this in the game my dragon lord and my std spreader will become the most badass frames if they do this 

well... i mean this rough draft is already 10000x better than what we currently have ingame with Focus... so there's that 

DE could really benefit from taking some of these ideas and using them when they rework Focus in 2035

On 5/4/2017 at 8:53 PM, Elvangreen said:

This got recognition...... melee 2.5 right here anyone?

Well, there was a lot of players hoping to see some additional improvements for Melee 2.0.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Axlethegamer said:

Hey buddy I saw this in prime time mabey there considereing your idea and mabey if we are vocal enough they might do it although I could be wrong but I would love to see this in the game my dragon lord and my std spreader will become the most badass frames if they do this 

I'm glad this caught your eye. If there would be more people that saw this or would like to push for this idea I welcome the opportunity to do so. For now, this idea will have to remain in the Fan Concept section for now unless there is time to bring this subject over as a suggestion for Focus/Melee Channeling.

13 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

well... i mean this rough draft is already 10000x better than what we currently have ingame with Focus... so there's that 

DE could really benefit from taking some of these ideas and using them when they rework Focus in 2035

Each passing day has more players asking questions concerning the Focus System in each Devstream. I am certain that [DE] is working hard on a solution, and this is just an option I would like to present for players.

I am both suprised and glad that this concept got recognition last night on the Prime Time. I am also grateful that some of you readers wish for this concept to be part of Warframe.

I will be working on a new chapter to see if there can be an option for players to see how their Warframe would look like under Awakening/Channeling state in the Appearance customization.

I actually believe this might be similar to the idea behind "Focus Rework" because (has it stands) people much prefer the passive abilities than the active ones. Ence a combination of the two might be the right direction.

Also, I think the operator could have a better place in the game if they added something like the "void cracks" we see in Lua and made it into some kind of puzzle game that only the Operator could enter or do.

In regards to Melee, ever since I started playing Warframe I was surprised that the combos or Stance is only activate if you change into melee weapon and not if you just hit melee button. I believe this particular mechanic is what gives so many problems tu use/channel. If they made it automatic and just hold one other button to channel/energize, this would prove much more pratical and useful.

In conclusion, I loved your idea. Keep it up.

5 hours ago, TheChickenBoy said:

I love this idea, but what will happen to the weapons that have a special ability linked to Channeling like the Synoid Heliocor?

I have covered how the Awakening would affect Channeling Mods and how they would be active when the mode is on. Weapons like the Synoid Heliocor could behave the same in that regard.

Simply put, the Synoid Heliocor's special ability would be active the moment your Warframe enters the Awakening State.

On 5/6/2017 at 3:11 PM, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

I actually believe this might be similar to the idea behind "Focus Rework" because (has it stands) people much prefer the passive abilities than the active ones. Ence a combination of the two might be the right direction.

Also, I think the operator could have a better place in the game if they added something like the "void cracks" we see in Lua and made it into some kind of puzzle game that only the Operator could enter or do.

In regards to Melee, ever since I started playing Warframe I was surprised that the combos or Stance is only activate if you change into melee weapon and not if you just hit melee button. I believe this particular mechanic is what gives so many problems tu use/channel. If they made it automatic and just hold one other button to channel/energize, this would prove much more pratical and useful.

In conclusion, I loved your idea. Keep it up.

I will maintain this thread as much as I can.

In the meantime, I am working in a chapter to discuss how the Awakening Mode can affect Companions.

NEW CHAPTER

COMPANIONS AND THE AWAKENING MODE

On the topic of how the Awakening Mode gives the Warframe a temporary boost in stats and strength, there is the situation with certain Companions. Companions such as the Kubrows and Kavats have Mods that affect their stats based o the stats of the Warframe. The main question is if the Awakening Mode could have some effect on these Companions and in some possibility the Sentinels.

I feel there is some room for a future work to have Kubrows and Kavats  to show that "void surge" state. The presence of their cosmetic armor and their general appearances leave some potential to show some "awakening state" to be in sync with the Awakening Mode.

I feel that there is some room for the Sentinels to have some visual effects as well. But to differentiate the potential of the Sentinels with the Kavats/Kubrows, I feel that the Sentinel's sustainable stats should not jump while the Warframe is in Awakening. Instead, they can have lets say a cooldown cut from their installed Mod abilities and in some regard a jump in their weapon's fire power. Kavats/Kurbows would have a jump in their Health/Shield/Armor in sync with the stats jump the Warframe has while in the Awakening Mode.

So in laymen terms, why not have glowing kitties and doggies?

Gathering notes for the Captura/Appearance Chapter for the Awakening Mode. Might also touch on ideas for each of the Focus System Trees again to talk more on the thematic nature of each Focus System.

I've been trying to look up the Devstream where there was mention of [DE]Steves original intention for the Focus System in hopes of using it as material for a Feedback Thread. I want to see how far this concept would go if the Feedback Thread supported this Fan Concept and the idea behind it.

As of now, my scheduling makes it hard to locate such a source.

Edited by FoxFX

My first Thought after reading the title: "Hell Yeah! Devil Trigger in Warframe!"

And I must say, that would be much more interesting and fun alternative to the current Focus system (It could even be somewhat lore-friendly (thinking about the fact that after TWW we have more "personal" connection to 'Frames) possibly) and it opens much more possibilities as well.

I'd really like this to become reality... 

On 5/15/2017 at 0:46 PM, Drejzer said:

My first Thought after reading the title: "Hell Yeah! Devil Trigger in Warframe!"

And I must say, that would be much more interesting and fun alternative to the current Focus system (It could even be somewhat lore-friendly (thinking about the fact that after TWW we have more "personal" connection to 'Frames) possibly) and it opens much more possibilities as well.

I'd really like this to become reality... 

So do some of the readers and those that have commented. I will try to keep this thread as live as I can, but I cannot make too much promises.

I do however have some things I would like to write down in subject of this concept soon.

On 14.05.2017 at 3:59 PM, FoxFX said:

I've been trying to look up the Devstream where there was mention of [DE]Steves original intention for the Focus System in hopes of using it as material for a Feedback Thread. I want to see how far this concept would go if the Feedback Thread supported this Fan Concept and the idea behind it.

As of now, my scheduling makes it hard to locate such a source.

Hmm... quick questioning of Uncle Google points to Devstreams 22 and 24 as the first mentions of Focus. 

Random idea ahead:

On another hand, I remember hearing about plans to make alt-fire in melee a switch to gun+one-handed-melee, Why not go a step further and make it a special action dependant on the loadout: if the player has secondary and viable melee, then after pressing alt-fire he would go into dual-wield on the other hand there are some people that like to go melee only could be given option to take another melee weapon instead of primary+secondary (of course with some limitations, like "can't take the same type or dual/single version (can't take Galatine P.+War or Dual Eter + Skana, but can go with War+Fang for example)", then pressing alt-fire could switch between weapons (while doing some fancy attack based on the grip-type)

Edited by Drejzer

On 5/17/2017 at 4:53 PM, Drejzer said:

Hmm... quick questioning of Uncle Google points to Devstreams 22 and 24 as the first mentions of Focus. 

Random idea ahead:

Hide contents

On another hand, I remember hearing about plans to make alt-fire in melee a switch to gun+one-handed-melee, Why not go a step further and make it a special action dependant on the loadout: if the player has secondary and viable melee, then after pressing alt-fire he would go into dual-wield on the other hand there are some people that like to go melee only could be given option to take another melee weapon instead of primary+secondary (of course with some limitations, like "can't take the same type or dual/single version (can't take Galatine P.+War or Dual Eter + Skana, but can go with War+Fang for example)", then pressing alt-fire could switch between weapons (while doing some fancy attack based on the grip-type)

The Alt-Fire input while equipping Melee would perhaps be the best input to have players go with Sword+Gun stance. This is without a doubt what I believe [DE] would direct that mechanic with.

I've been brainstorming here and there on the actual nature of Warframe's Gameplay in relation to the presentation of Trials. I felt that there is indeed a format that should be made when it comes to general gameplay in Warframe.

Unlike many MMOs, Warframe's gameplay is among the faster-paced games I have come across in a free MMO which I feel has shown some kinks to some of the content designed in Warframe.It is generally hard to consider crating environment that welcomes the movement and parkour of the Warframes as well as the enemy scaling to balance out the free movement Warframe has to offer in missions.Granted that the whole "fixing enemy scaling" solution would be a plausible one, I fear that there may be more to work with in terms of crating engaging content for players to return to.

I will be heavily think on how the nature of Trails could be to offer not only a 1-8 player mode but a more welcoming design or format to them.

I also wish this idea of the Awakening Mode can reach out to more people so I can see what their thoughts on it are.