Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old hat i know but,

Raun

Question

3 minutes ago, Raun said:

That player knew, there was even a pause. It's when they know it SHOULD be bought for more and yet, they don't pay for it.
That's like when PC Pirates illegally download the latest game for free when they see it's merely £10 for the full game.

I have to disagree.  Most pirates I know, are such for moral reasons.  They either feel the game developer isn't worth supporting, or pirate games to prove a point.

As to the trade, many feel it's the sellers responsibility to be educated in the first place, and they are under no obligation to educate them.  They don't see it as being correct, moral, ethical or "fair" they see it as an educational experience and pity the seller when they make a mistake.

This is not a reportable offense.

This is you being uneducated and making a bad decision based on your own ignorance.

The trade system is in place for people to freely set their own prices and DE is not required to validate the "fairness" of any trade. You are given multiple chances to back out of any trade at any time before the final transaction, and it is made explicitly clear exactly what, and in what quantity, is being traded by and for both parties.

In the future take the time to educate yourself, use tools at your disposal, and consider your options before finalizing any decisions.

17 minutes ago, Raun said:

That player knew, there was even a pause. It's when they know it SHOULD be bought for more and yet, they don't pay for it.
That's like when PC Pirates illegally download the latest game for free when they see it's merely £10 for the full game.

Yes they knew. It shouldn't be bought at any price, you're saying the going rate was higher than what he offered.

It is entirely unlike your example.

An apt example would be that a game is being sold for 60 bucks. You, unaware of the price, are offered 5 dollars for your copy of the game that you found.
Without looking up what the game is worth, you sold it to him for 5, and are now mad because you found out it was worth 60.

Get over yourself, you are at fault, not them.

Just now, MagPrime said:

I have to disagree.  Most pirates I know, are such for moral reasons.  They either feel the game developer isn't worth supporting, or pirate games to prove a point.

As to the trade, many feel it's the sellers responsibility to be educated in the first place, and they are under no obligation to educate them.  They don't see it as being correct, moral, ethical or "fair" they see it as an educational experience and pity the seller when they make a mistake.

Pity wouldn't be given if you were kind enough to educate and BE fair.

What point Does pirating prove? All it does is make the developer hate that section and never do it again. great, you just destroyed someones work and effort.
If they didn't think the developer is worth supporting, don't get it. Don't even pirate it. Even Pirated copies get shown to the company and get weighed for how much money they could have had (That happened to "The Avengers"). Piracy for any reason done, ruins the industry.

Here's a similar topic. Me and my Mother love the film "Jeepers Creepers". We got it YEARS ago. Are we in the wrong for donating money to a film who's director (founds years later even after the sequels) turned out to be a convicted pedo? No, we're not. We didn't know. Had we have known, we wouldn't have gotten it.
We just enjoyed the movie for what IT is and paid the right amount to buy it. 

5 minutes ago, Raun said:

Pity wouldn't be given if you were kind enough to educate and BE fair.

What point Does pirating prove? All it does is make the developer hate that section and never do it again. great, you just destroyed someones work and effort.
If they didn't think the developer is worth supporting, don't get it. Don't even pirate it. Even Pirated copies get shown to the company and get weighed for how much money they could have had (That happened to "The Avengers"). Piracy for any reason done, ruins the industry.

Here's a similar topic. Me and my Mother love the film "Jeepers Creepers". We got it YEARS ago. Are we in the wrong for donating money to a film who's director (founds years later even after the sequels) turned out to be a convicted pedo? No, we're not. We didn't know. Had we have known, we wouldn't have gotten it.
We just enjoyed the movie for what IT is and paid the right amount to buy it. 

Please don't assume that I participate in unfair trade practices, just because I'm not agreeing with you.

5 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

This is not a reportable offense.

This is you being uneducated and making a bad decision based on your own ignorance.

The trade system is in place for people to freely set their own prices and DE is not required to validate the "fairness" of any trade. You are given multiple chances to back out of any trade at any time before the final transaction, and it is made explicitly clear exactly what, and in what quantity, is being traded by and for both parties.

In the future take the time to educate yourself, use tools at your disposal, and consider your options before finalizing any decisions.

Yes they knew. It shouldn't be bought at any price, you're saying the going rate was higher than what he offered.

It is entirely unlike your example.

An apt example would be that a game is being sold for 60 bucks. You, unaware of the price, are offered 5 dollars for your copy of the game that you found.
Without looking up what the game is worth, you sold it to him for 5, and are now mad because you found out it was worth 60.

Get over yourself, you are at fault, not them.

How is it that you guys are all perfectly okay with swindling? The fact you're defending it is depressing.
Whether selling OR buying, it SHOULD be fair. Otherwise other players won't get the same amount of play or joy as others.

He said he wanted the BP + systems. i asked if he's willing to buy the systems separately, he was but gave me a low price knowing that Frost prime items are NOT cheap (to buy and or even easy to find due to the randomness of the Relics). You CANNOT ask for a rarer item to be bought for cheap because that goes against the effort and time the seller had for it.
NONE of you should be kicking people when they're down, even if they made a mistake.

No one here is defending the action. The majority of the fault  responsibilty just YOURS.

If you walk into the middle of a warzone and get kill, no one will condone the killing but you're responsible for walking into the middle of it.

Edit: Fault is too strong a word. Responsibility is a better fit.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName
changed fault --> responsibility

1 minute ago, Raun said:

How is it that you guys are all perfectly okay with swindling? The fact you're defending it is depressing.
Whether selling OR buying, it SHOULD be fair. Otherwise other players won't get the same amount of play or joy as others.

He said he wanted the BP + systems. i asked if he's willing to buy the systems separately, he was but gave me a low price knowing that Frost prime items are NOT cheap (to buy and or even easy to find due to the randomness of the Relics). You CANNOT ask for a rarer item to be bought for cheap because that goes against the effort and time the seller had for it.
NONE of you should be kicking people when they're down, even if they made a mistake.

Frost Prime isn't just rare due to Relic RNG, he's in the Prime Vault and his Relics have been removed from the drop tables entirely.

So, yeah...

And it's not defending their tactics, most of us are pointing out the flaw in your argument - you're the only one responsible when it comes to you being treated fairly.  

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Please don't assume that I participate in unfair trade practices, just because I'm not agreeing with you.

It's not agreeing or disagreeing. You just said that pirates do it for this and that. Pirating is bad no matter what.

I do agree that I was uneducated but I do NOT agree that it's okay to use someone or rip off people.

1 minute ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

No one here is defending the action. The majority of the fault is just YOURS.

If you walk into the middle of a warzone and get kill, no one will condone the killing but it's your fault for walking into the middle of it.

But you can SEE it's happening and are instantly educated NOT to go in there.
How am I to see if someone will be fair or not?

Just now, Raun said:

I have never said I'm okay with swindlers. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that you are the one at fault, not him.

This idea that uneducated willfully ignorant people like you should be protected by others instead of by yourself is idiotic.

You had all the tools available to you to protect yourself and CHOSE not to use any of them.
You CHOSE not to price check your item.
You CHOSE not to use the myriad of tools or chats available to you to confirm your trade's "fairness".
You CHOSE to continue with the trade despite your own ignorance.
Then you CHOSE to complain like you are a blameless victim.

You did this to yourself. Yes, he is a jerk but that doesn't matter because to "beat" this jerk all you had to do was not be willfully ignorant.

You CHOSE ignorance and so shall suffer the consequences.

1 minute ago, Raun said:

Uh, he didn't take your item. You could have price checked his offer before pouncing on the sale.

That is how you can see if someone is being fair. Nothing forced you into that deal.

Just now, Raun said:

It's not agreeing or disagreeing. You just said that pirates do it for this and that. Pirating is bad no matter what.

I do agree that I was uneducated but I do NOT agree that it's okay to use someone or rip off people.

I said I know pirates that act differently, not that all of them behave that specific way.  It was more a disagreement with your use of blanket statements and absolutes.

Just now, Raun said:

Never assume, always arm yourself with knowledge.

Because knowing is half the battle.

2 minutes ago, Raun said:

Entirely situational, tbh.  Since were using more blanket statements and absolutes, is it still not okay to rip someone off if it means you can provide food or medicine for your family?

1 hour ago, Raun said:

I KNOW this has probably been asked time and time again, but How do you report people in Warframe?

I got swindled by a liar and I don't think that should be tolerated or brushed off.

I'm sorry for you. I've never encountered those types of people. So I count myself lucky. Hopefully DE can help. Gl. 

Just now, FairyTael said:

I have never said I'm okay with swindlers. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that you are the one at fault, not him.

This idea that uneducated willfully ignorant people like you should be protected by others instead of by yourself is idiotic.

You had all the tools available to you to protect yourself and CHOSE not to use any of them.
You CHOSE not to price check your item.
You CHOSE not to use the myriad of tools or chats available to you to confirm your trade's "fairness".
You CHOSE to continue with the trade despite your own ignorance.
Then you CHOSE to complain like you are a blameless victim.

You did this to yourself. Yes, he is a jerk but that doesn't matter because to "beat" this jerk all you had to do was not be willfully ignorant.

You CHOSE ignorance and so shall suffer the consequences.

There's a reason I didn't choose. i try my best to sell stuff I have as fast as I can. that's the only way for me (who hasn't got money to spare) to get plat.
With SO many items and with constant fluctuations of price/demand. How on earth can you educate yourself? It's like getting a degree in Engineering for that one job only to find that the course has changed and your learning is now made redundant. You have the right degree but people ask for more or less....just not the exact same way.

I admit I am naive. I expect other people to be as fair as me. But the moment I find someone who doesn't play fair, I'M the one in the wrong?

This is why criminals walk free in the streets. Good people are obviously not wanted anymore.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I said I know pirates that act differently, not that all of them behave that specific way.  It was more a disagreement with your use of blanket statements and absolutes.

Never assume, always arm yourself with knowledge.

Because knowing is half the battle.

Entirely situational, tbh.  Since were using more blanket statements and absolutes, is it still not okay to rip someone off if it means you can provide food or medicine for your family?

Buying a Frost Prime systems won't feed anyone but yourself. 

1 minute ago, Raun said:

There's a reason I didn't choose. i try my best to sell stuff I have as fast as I can. that's the only way for me (who hasn't got money to spare) to get plat.
With SO many items and with constant fluctuations of price/demand. How on earth can you educate yourself? It's like getting a degree in Engineering for that one job only to find that the course has changed and your learning is now made redundant. You have the right degree but people ask for more or less....just not the exact same way.

I admit I am naive. I expect other people to be as fair as me. But the moment I find someone who doesn't play fair, I'M the one in the wrong?

This is why criminals walk free in the streets. Good people are obviously not wanted anymore.

Uh, no.  Use the tools at hand, find an average and or pick what you feel to be the fairest price based on community opinion and personal expenditure to obtain said item.

Just now, Raun said:

You just analyzed your own problem. You were unwilling to wait long enough to price check the item. Do you know how long that takes?
Like...a minute, 60 seconds. Tops.

You don't even have to tab out, just ask trade chat.

Yes, you are wrong. Not only are you aware that people aren't always fair, you willfully choose not to use the tools at your disposal to aid you. That makes you wrong.

Criminals? Get over yourself.

Willfully ignorant individuals like yourself is why there are so many problems around.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Uh, no.  Use the tools at hand, find an average and or pick what you feel to be the fairest price based on community opinion and personal expenditure to obtain said item.

It's easy to say it to someone else, but put yourself in the same position as me.

Even with the right tools at your disposal, it can slip ones mind when IN the moment. Have you NEVER had a moment where you just did something, walking out, it's done, then you think "OH crud, I could have done THIS with THIS. It was RIGHT there"? Yes there are things that could help, but whether it crosses your mind or not is another ball game.

Just now, Raun said:

It's easy to say it to someone else, but put yourself in the same position as me.

Even with the right tools at your disposal, it can slip ones mind when IN the moment. Have you NEVER had a moment where you just did something, walking out, it's done, then you think "OH crud, I could have done THIS with THIS. It was RIGHT there"? Yes there are things that could help, but whether it crosses your mind or not is another ball game.

Everyone has had moments like that, come on.

The difference is that I acknowledge I made a mistakes and generally don't repeat it.  I certainly don't try to report someone for not being "fair" and educating me on something that really isn't their responsibility.

-snip-

The OP is willfully ignorant, not stupid. If you are going to make a jab at least be correct. You aren't even helping and just detracting.

53 minutes ago, Raun said:

Put yourself in the same shoes and tell me you wouldn't feel something was bad about it.

I have been there before. I wasn't mad at the person that swindled me, I was mad at myself when I realized how easy it would have been to prevent myself from being ripped off.
That was nearly two decades ago though, and after the first time it happened. I've actively worked to prevent a re-occurrence.

50 minutes ago, Raun said:

Yes, but you are the one at fault. You are the one that messed up. You could have prevented all of it, but didn't.

I've been there, and I didn't blame others for what I could have prevented myself.

That is why people are telling you that you're the one at fault. You could have prevented it from happening, had the capability to do so, didn't, and now want to blame, shame, and report another person instead of yourself.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment and link to author

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not if you buy it for 5p and then sell it for 200p.  You can then purchase slots for yourself and at least 3 other people.

Chances are he did it, ergo getting what I could've gotten in the right place and the right time. it's hard to find those times and unfortunately, HE was in the right place and the right time when he found someone uneducated. yeah fair play to someone who USED that and not to the person who worked hard to get it.

I don't think it should be "Buy low, Sell high" if you haven't done anything to upgrade the item (you cannot upgrade a piece like that).
Imagine if you put your heart and soul in say...a movie plot. You took a LONG time to make it great. it WILL get famous....and then someone who seems like they're supporting you steals your script and THEY get the money and fame? They didn't do any of the work, but they got YOUR reward.

Just now, Raun said:

Chances are he did it, ergo getting what I could've gotten in the right place and the right time. it's hard to find those times and unfortunately, HE was in the right place and the right time when he found someone uneducated. yeah fair play to someone who USED that and not to the person who worked hard to get it.

I don't think it should be "Buy low, Sell high" if you haven't done anything to upgrade the item (you cannot upgrade a piece like that).
Imagine if you put your heart and soul in say...a movie plot. You took a LONG time to make it great. it WILL get famous....and then someone who seems like they're supporting you steals your script and THEY get the money and fame? They didn't do any of the work, but they got YOUR reward.

Except...you willingly gave it to them, they didnt steal it.

They didn't hack your account, rifle your inventory and make off with the Systems.  One of you initiated a trade, the other accepted, goods were traded, and you parted ways amicably.

You weren't stolen from.  You intentionally traded the item.

13 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

You just analyzed your own problem. You were unwilling to wait long enough to price check the item. Do you know how long that takes?
Like...a minute, 60 seconds. Tops.

You don't even have to tab out, just ask trade chat.

Yes, you are wrong. Not only are you aware that people aren't always fair, you willfully choose not to use the tools at your disposal to aid you. That makes you wrong.

Criminals? Get over yourself.

Willfully ignorant individuals like yourself is why there are so many problems around.

Read what i said to Mag Prime in response. 

not to mention, while you could be searching up, you could also lose the seller/buyer because someone else stepped in while you're away.

Trading has to be done fast or you lose out. When you lose out even when In, something isn't right.

5 minutes ago, Raun said:

You weren't stolen from, you traded poorly. Stop equating what he did to thievery. These are not the same thing and only exemplify your ignorance.

1 minute ago, Raun said:

Read what i said to Mag Prime in response. 

not to mention, while you could be searching up, you could also lose the seller/buyer because someone else stepped in while you're away.

Trading has to be done fast or you lose out. When you lose out even when In, something isn't right.

........you could, just as the person could at any time retract their offer. Trading does not have to be done fast or you lose out. I've made thousands of plat and I don't just trade whatever people offer me.

You lost, and will continue to lose, because you choose to be willfully ignorant. Accept your mistakes, learn from them, and move on.