The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System Discussion 9.1.4 Thread Merger

Pandemoniuhm

1 thing people tend to forget that you have 10 mod slots, and you'll have to put at least 2 ability on them. (Some frames need more)

Even though your mod cap is raised, your mod space still the same and you won't get higher since it's not like you can puts in more than 10 mods anyway.

The change is good and bad (imo). The good is that using any Aura mod in your setup will benefit you, regardless of matching the polarity or not. The bad is the 2x mod capacity added -for- matching polarity, this I think is a tad too much.

Now, allowing for the 2x capacity increase from matching the Aura polarity is good in that it can allow people to -not- have to Forma their frame, and just throw any mod into a non-matching slot.

There's the thought of more mods with higher requirements in the future though. Nightmare mods cost more than regular ones, so they'll probably be more on that route so I wouldnt count the forma as wasted yet.

Agree, your forma will not be wasted as Double Mods roll out.

However rapier9 do the math. They're almost spot on and in some cases cheaper then slotting in the two mods they're replacing the same effect. The fact that they cost 10 - 12 base mod energy is because they are literally two mods mushed together to save you Slot space. Most don't even come a premium for that. They aren't any 'higher' requirements then using the two mods they replace.

This change is - for now - of course an enormous buff. But let's wait how necessary it will be in future. Maybe on new planet you will need resistance-mods to success, or all of your attributes are cut in half on a special map or by a boss, so you really gonna need these extra points. Who knows.

Posting this for a 3rd time... every thread I post it in seems to die T.T

Put it in it's own thread so people see what can be done. 

I just did this with my Frost Prime that i started leveling the biggest thing i noticed when i got off is that i had not put a reactor on.

Reactors are going to take a hit in sales if this spreads and new players try to get any aura ASAP.

They might have some plans for that free +14 points. Maybe making less (or never) used mods somewhat worth thinking about? Or maybe just something around the lines of what happened with the 3 new artifacts (introducing a new mechanic..?). Or just giving more room for the high level capped mods?

I'll just wait and see. 14 seems a lot with the current high level / potatoed / multi-forma player mentality, but if they don't have an ace up their sleve, they can still remove the polarity bonus. 6-7 extra points won't make much of a difference.

Wat. Waaaaaaat.

Explain your reasoning because right now all that's going through my head is me flaming you.

Do you even remember how it was when you were a new player?

We may be dealing with closed beta-itis here.

You know, the people who played the early game when it was massively different and are loaded up with resources and rare fusion cores from when they converted mods over and so... well, basically, shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion of what the early game should play like because they aren't thinking of it at all and so basically just want "casuals" to suffer because it won't affect them and they don't want to feel like they wasted time investing time in a beta, when things are still being adjusted.  And so whine more than a French winery because they made their decisions in haste when the game was still in development.

My heart bleeds.  Really. 

Edited by EarthScorpion

And again, how does my play affect you?

cause players caused the old system that I liked and got it changed which affected MY play.

Edit: let me guess cause I'm unhappy I got affected by a change that I didn't like, but x% of the community does mean I have to be quiet and not give my personal feedback?

Edited by Orthusaku

The main issue is the double mod capacity bonus for matching the Aura polarity.

Like others have said, maybe something is coming down the line that will make that additional mod capacity worthwhile....but that just screams power creep (which never ends well).

Agree, your forma will not be wasted as Double Mods roll out.

However rapier9 do the math. They're almost spot on and in some cases cheaper then slotting in the two mods they're replacing the same effect. The fact that they cost 10 - 12 base mod energy is because they are literally two mods mushed together to save you Slot space. Most don't even come a premium for that. They aren't any 'higher' requirements then using the two mods they replace.

They are about equal, but the thing is you're only using that one slot, so now you have another slot to fill which is where the additional points become neccessary. I havent had a chance to really look into/try out alot with nightmare mods so I may be wrong about this, but thats just my first thoughts on it. 

So now, everyone should be forced to go back to the way you want to play, amirite?

No but a fair middle ground shouldn't be unreasonable. (IE: artifact system)

Why am I the bad guy when other players wanted the system changed for how THEY want to play?

I'm not telling players to leave or to shut up or any of that, I am only saying I liked the old system, So why am I the bad guy for that?

Edited by Orthusaku

alright one thing to take note of, your not going to have every single artifact from the start of the game. its a "from point A to B" thing, in the sense that you nab your first Aura alert and get an edge and work your way up. its not intended for the Elite players, its more of a Pick me up for the lowbies getting slaughtered in early fights like the new and improved Captian vor, or Sargus ruk, since he can shred capped tank classes within seconds if you arent careful. To be fair, playing through one frame one time, is pretty nuts, and you know thats kinda of... well silly xD but the real point here is that  most people : 1. dont play this game for 12 hours a day like some of us , and 2. have yet to invest in this game, and want to see rewards for paying attention for the few hours they do spend on this game. things to think about.

There's some irony here.

Auras came out and many players- including myself- hated the fact that it reduced our ability to level new frames, wasted slots used equally well if not better on personal utility, and screwed up mod configurations.

Now they buff Auras and you guys complain that it's... too... strong...? Do we want to give DE the wrong impression here?

I can't see any logical reason why this buff is a bad thing, since it actually

1) encourages players to want to help the party,

2) ensures that the auras remain an item worth collecting from alerts,

3) makes leveling new frames significantly easier for veteran players without having to buy affinity boosters or wait on an Orokin Reactor alert,

4) adds a whole new dimension to those previously-screwed mod configurations in general and

5) pre-emptively gives those players who Forma'd their frames a boost to compensate for the materials spent, meaning they're now just ahead of the curve.

You know, as opposed to just reverting it to the old system and making them free, or giving them their own polarity, thereby meaning you wasted those Forma.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to invest my capped Energy Siphon into my Rank 0 Nova and get a head start on abilities I can slot throughout Mercury.

Edited by Archwizard

That's it! I'm going to shout: "THE OLD V1.0 GAME SYSTEM WAS BETTER!!!!11111"

OK now the frustration has vented, let's just think for the possibility future holds; This change MIGHT be good for future plan, or MIGHT be seriously crap for future plan, but right now why don't we get on with it and continue with next potential issue to focus instead of POSSIBLY still changing Aura system?

That's it! I'm going to shout: "THE OLD V1.0 GAME SYSTEM WAS BETTER!!!!11111"

OK now the frustration has vented, let's just think for the possibility future holds; This change MIGHT be good for future plan, or MIGHT be seriously crap for future plan, but right now why don't we get on with it and continue with next potential issue to focus instead of POSSIBLY still changing Aura system?

Cause its not fair that some players get shafed cause they were happy with aura's costing energy and than DE makes it so You can be a OMIGOD.

No but a fair middle ground shouldn't be unreasonable. (IE: artifact system)

Why am I the bad guy when other players wanted the system changed for how THEY want to play? I'm just saying I like the old system. Which isn't wrong in any sense, If you think I should stop playing and stop posting cause I don't conform to how "THEY" want to play well who is the bad guy now?

Ok... Just confused about what your beef is now.

You get extra mod points to use for your frame?

So what's the issue, you don't have to use them if you don't want.

I usually end up having to sacrifice a skill just to fit a health mod or such. Now i'll be able to equip all four skills as originally intended.

I'm not sure why some people are complaining about getting free points to use or not to use. It's ultimately your choice if you want to use them or not.

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly cannot see an issue with this.