Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Amp damage boost

GOIEMOID_2

Question

10 answers to this question

other than roar nothing actually buffs ability damage.. i tested it and the amp damage only buffs weapons,.. and about the mallet.. am not sure as its so hard to follow but i think its  a flat 100% increase in damage not the shown percentage 

8 hours ago, ashrah said:

only wepons in mallets...equinox is only frame who buff power of frame skills

Sorry ashrah, but that statement is incorrect. Rhino's Roar boosts ALL damage, including damage from powers. It doesn't increase power strength directly, but it does more than just the weapon damage. I would assume that Amp functions in the same way.

Just my observation from jacking up to over 500% boost but there was a noticeable buff in damage on both peacemaker and antimatter drop (40k damage on peacemaker and 2mill ish damage on antimatter drop before damage numbers and most of the hud broke)... I was also having issues with it breaking Tenno affinity with it stating that the Tenno affinity was 40,230+. Will spend more time looking into it but was pushing past level 120+ enemies with no drop off on sight.

Edited by Hascrack

14 hours ago, Ethermie said:

other than roar nothing actually buffs ability damage.. i tested it and the amp damage only buffs weapons,.. and about the mallet.. am not sure as its so hard to follow but i think its  a flat 100% increase in damage not the shown percentage 

This is not entirely true. While Roar boosts pretty much everything it does have exceptions. Additionally all of the elemental damage augments buff ability damage as well as weapon damage (though not all abilities get this buff. Quite a few do).

Furthermore Equinox's ability directly increases power strength which essentially buffs ability damage.

On the topic regarding Amp.

With 314% bonus I see absolutely no difference in weapon damage. Can we get some hard numbers on if this ability is working as intended? I have been using it with Ogris and am seeing no change in the damage with it on/off.

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This is not entirely true. While Roar boosts pretty much everything it does have exceptions. Additionally all of the elemental damage augments buff ability damage as well as weapon damage (though not all abilities get this buff. Quite a few do).

Furthermore Equinox's ability directly increases power strength which essentially buffs ability damage.

On the topic regarding Amp.

With 314% bonus I see absolutely no difference in weapon damage. Can we get some hard numbers on if this ability is working as intended? I have been using it with Ogris and am seeing no change in the damage with it on/off.

i meant direct damage buff.. but anyway.. i tested in mission and it seems to work for weapon.

1.7 k damage from marelock was dealing 5k+ with boost

6 hours ago, Ethermie said:

i meant direct damage buff.. but anyway.. i tested in mission and it seems to work for weapon.

1.7 k damage from marelock was dealing 5k+ with boost

Yeah after a bit more investigating it does appear to work as it should. The numbers didn't appear quite as I expected, in my tests, but they were pretty close. I tend to forget that multishot doesn't actually mean each bullet does more damage. So my findings were like, way off, because I was going off of sheet damage not actual projectile damage.

I did some testing and this is what I found.

• Amp max dmg require "sound" around it. Each sound like shoting increasing its % up to maximum. It degrades after a while if no sound is present.
  • It buffs weapon dmg
  • It doesn't increase power strength
  • It increase dmg of Excaliburs Radial Jevelin by a lot (from 1100 to about 4000 in our testing)
  • It increase dmg of ember WoF only by little (from 980 ticks to 1080 in our testing)
  • It doesn't increase dmg of Banshee Soundquake or Sonic boom (no dmg increase at all)

I am still confused about the dmg increase of abilities...might be bugy.