Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing Warframe.

TheDoctor109

Something ive seen kind of tossed around the community is how to fix warframe. Ive watched 2 videos, one by Mogamu and one by iFlynn Warframe. They have both discussed the issue with veteran players and how to keep them coming back. What mogamu proposed was a more steady stream of content maybe weekly or monthly. I think this is a great idea. This keeps players coming back every week that are there for the lore. But, there are some down sides to this that me and my friends have noticed that makes us only log on every so often. Although they could release content more often, it is only for the lore. When DE releases a new quest it requires alot of farm and skill. Along with this farm you are rewarded with lore. And thats it. They might give you a new weapon that looks cool and all, but it does nothing good. A veteran player probably already has stuff like the sancti tigris and the galatine prime. The lore items tend to be worse than that. A good example of this is the broken sceptre that you get from the War Within quest. Although it has a cool mechanic and has a story behind it, this weapon sucks. Players can easily just get the orthos prime if they dont have it already. So veteran players go through this whole quest, which can usually take weeks to finish, they are not getting anything good from it. Along with the quests are the events that give new weapons. Take the ignis wraith for example, although it can be argued that it is better than the regular ignis, it is still a bad weapon. Personally, I think that if you want veteran players to come back and play the game then you have to introduce weapons that players will actually use. 

1. Paragraphing is very useful, reading a wall of text is not really enjoyable. 

2. Veterans don't need new weapons that they can use, they need content where they can use their top gear, that has challenge, replayability and gives good rewards.  The way the game is designed makes it a tad hard to create such content. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

2. Veterans don't need new weapons that they can use, they need content where they can use their top gear, that has replayability and gives good rewards. 

This. I haven't played in months because there's no point in using my excessive arsenal to farm for more guns to put in my excessive arsenal to kill the same things over and over.

Riven Mods are interesting because of the RNG aspects surrounding them. One could spend a long time trying to get the proper mods for their weapons. This is pretty good, from the standpoint of someone who needs a reason to keep playing. However, Riven mods aren't really necessary to get through any content so they exist more for bragging rights than anything else.

Warframe is broken?

Vets leaving is a problem that's down to the loss of a reason to do endless.  For all its faults as an endgame placeholder, endless did bind the high end community together, and doing long endless missions produced a great feeling of camaraderie and community that's missing.

I'm guessing the reason they nerfed (the reason to do) endless, is because they were worried about how building frames and weapons for endless was skewing the way people thought about builds.  Warframe should be more flexible build-wise, but endless was pushing build lore into a corner, and because that lore coming down on high from the endgame players was influencing the way the rest of the playerbase was thinking about builds and what was good and what was "trash", I think DE felt they needed to put a stop to it.

My feeling is that they do need to "finish" the game in a sense, to introduce whatever endgame proper they've had in mind all along (and I'm sure they've had something in mind, given all the "headroom" we have with weapons and mods, which looks to us now like "OP").  

It's all about tough decisions though - because ofc the greatest attrition rate is surely at the low end, people trying the game and not continuing past a few weeks, so the new player experience is still something they've got to work on too.  But I feel that could be handled by having better in-game explanation, which I should imagine doesn't take so much programming as donkey-work they could hire people in to do, whereas the endgame stuff probably really need some sophisticated design and programming.  Anyway, yeah, there is a problem here, and it does have something to do with lack of good reason for high end players to get together to face serious challenges.

Edited by Omnimorph

If DE wanted to release content weekly or even monthly they'd need to take on many more staff to develop that much, or the quality would take a nose-dive.

All similar games have the problem of content gaps between updates, some games fill that gap with PvP (essentially endless player-generated content), but conclave is not massively popular in Warframe at the moment.

Edit: Also, what spoilers? (Spoiler tag)

Edited by ChuckMaverick