Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

viral + electricity vs corrosive + cold

BoomyGordo

Question

so i noticed that in high level grineer missions (kuva floods/sorties with level ~90+ enemies)

i have a much faster kill time using viral + electricity than i do using corrosive + colds despite corrosive supposedly the go-to anti grineer element.

my weapon has a 50% status chance, so procs happen lots.

yes i know heat is better but i have a D polarity that i cant be bothered to reforma and so i just slap on primed cryo rounds.

any thoughts?

7 answers to this question

It really depends on the weapon you're using. Viral procs usually shine on weapons with high chance to proc slash as well. Then there's Hema which can have both Viral and Corrosive at the same time. Use whichever YOU have more fun and/or easier time killing enemies, cuz that's all that matters.

17 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

so i noticed that in high level grineer missions (kuva floods/sorties with level ~90+ enemies)

i have a much faster kill time using viral + electricity than i do using corrosive + colds despite corrosive supposedly the go-to anti grineer element.

my weapon has a 50% status chance, so procs happen lots.

yes i know heat is better but i have a D polarity that i cant be bothered to reforma and so i just slap on primed cryo rounds.

any thoughts?

Rip Lined from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Pure Corrosive is technically best against Grineer. Esp high lvl armored ones.

Corrosive negates a portion of Ferrite armor in addition to gaining a +75% bonus against it and the status effect reduces both Alloy and Ferrite armor with each proc. Radiation gains this against Alloy but lacks the status effect to reduce armor and therefor doesn't scale as well. Radiation / Viral should only be a good option on weapons with low status or slow fire rate.

You can have moderate success by trying to overpower an enemies damage resistance with Radiation / Viral and/or mixing Bleed Damage.  In the end it depends how much armor you're dealing with and what weapon but inevitably Corrosive wins with guns. The only exception is melee which can make use of a pure physical bleed + Lasting Sting build.

Fire isn't better than Cold in terms of damage against armor. It's a better CC in some cases but Cold will do additional damage to Alloy.

It is strange, I might test it because in theory the viral + electric procs are just halving enemies health and CCing them, not directly reducing armor or attacking his health. In theory this should not be better.

Viral proc as mentioned above would work with some way to attack health bypassing armor like bleed procs. 

A high status build for a Viral Dread might kill a highly armored unit faster than a corrosive build for instance.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

10 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

It is strange, I might test it because in theory the viral + electric procs are just halving enemies health and CCing them, not directly reducing armor or attacking his health. In theory this should not be better.

Viral proc as mentioned above would work with some way to attack health bypassing armor like bleed procs. 

A high status build for a Viral Dread might kill a highly armored unit faster than a corrosive build for instance.

im using this build on the supra.. so bleed procs are not only rare but do very little damage