Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A theory about the Warframes' origin

Drejzer

There were tons of discussions about what are tenno, how do they look like without Warframes, etc Second dream answered the questions about the tenno, But what about the Warframes themselves? How were they created, where did the Orokin get the idea to build them?

WARNING: Possibly hard to read wall of text, with several digressions and not necessarily coherent thought process, ahead.

On the wiki, i stumbled upon a post of a Lone Tenno:(warning wall of text ahead)

"Despite the "surrogate" comment, I don't think the intention was to imply that Warframes have a human host inside.  They're just a proxy that allows the Tenno to live vicariously in the literal sense much like the Corpus use robot proxies.

Seeing as it's been heavily implied that Warframes are related to Infestation via Technocyte, it's entirely possible that Warframes are a far more refined version of what the Infestation tries to be.  The mentions of "spine", the bleeding, etc, could all be Technocyte creations guided during their growth to resemble human structures and components while at the same time obviously not being the same tissue, as lore hints that human bodies cannot handle Void energies outside of the Tenno's abilities.  Wouldn't it be kind of dumb to have a human body inside a metal frame if that body can't handle the energies?  The whole "surrogate" mention, I think people are thinking too deeply into.  Dunno what to think about the Warframe Cryopods thing in Defense Missions, perhaps those are prefabricated Technocyte biometal bodies?  Seeing as certain things have been retconned, such as the original idea that Warframes are exosuit armors around individual characters, it's possible the Cryopod use of "Operative" NPCs is just a stand-in for now and may be retconned/altered when we learn more about the Frames.  

It's a bit morbid to think that we're using dead or suspended bodies for Warframe hosts, what does a Tenno do when a Frame is destroyed, like in the Alad V trailer or the Second Dream intro?  If there was a body inside, even if mutated by Technocyte, wouldn't Alad V, who is mastering Technocyte, have realized what a Frame is instead of questioning it?  I mean, he's taken apart quite a few Frames and combined them into Zanuka and other proxies.  There's also the discussion of Frame creation presented by the Titania quest, I can't see Margulis or her students using human hosts to build Frames around, not when they have supertech to create things that later came back to bite them.  It seems more to me that it may be Technocyte cultures that consume the materials we provide at the Foundry, the blueprints creating a "mold" that the Technocyte follows.  It's been implied that our common Frames are mass-produced, which would make less sense if we're using bodies rather than resources.  Seeing as Technocyte transforms things at the molecular level, it's entirely possible that aside from tissues and analogous body structures like the spine Vor mentions, the Warframe has its own type of blood created by the Technocyte as well.  It just doesn't make sense to me that there would be a human body inside a Frame when it's supposed to be a filter and enhancer for Void enery, which has already been established that humans cannot withstand.  If there were a human body inside, why wouldn't the Orokin have perfected that kind of tech further and given themselves bio-metal armor suits so they could directly channel the Void for their purposes instead of relying on this army of Warframes?  (or at least created their own army of soldiers using this, seeing how much they feared and reviled the Tenno)  Point being, it can't be a human inside, and even with the Orokin's disregard for "lesser beings" (common people), it doesn't stack up that they'd sacrifice human hosts to mass-produce Frames, not when they have so much tech at their disposal to create things for them."

Lone Tenno, October 31, 2016 

warframe.wikia.com/Tenno

That led me to thinking from where did the Orokin get the blueprints? It's rather unlikely that they just popped into their minds... then I remembered about darkSector and Rhino Prime. 

My guess is that The production of what became the warframes, begun long before the Zariman Accident (which might have been iduced in order to aquire more subjects for research), and stemmed from the research on people corrupted by the void. Some of them might have been able to manifest some "abilities" like in Rhino Prime codex entry. And they were experimented on, in order to weaponize them (that could have been the reason Silvana was so disgusted by her work with Margulis, as Margulis  was probably trying to Implement the research results in the therapy of the Zariman children).

Then again, as we know, not all that got corrupted by the void displayed any abilities. My guess is that the Warframe Material were the people infected with some special strain of Technocyte Virus (if I'm not mistaken It was stated that Warframe and darkSector are set in the same universe (well we got Proto-excal and proto glaive, an dNemesis Nyx, so...)), since the "beast" in Rhino's Codex entry had some simmilarities with the infected in Lasria (where darkSector took place) It is possible that some of the infected were like Hayden(btw, if I'm not mistaken there are highly decorated orokin-whitenn instances of his name around the evoid and on some of the 'fremes, but it most likely is just an ester egg) or the Virus kind of incorporated itself into their genetic code after several generations(guns were considered as primitive and archaic by the Orokin) and, after being stimulated by the void, manifested itself in form of warframe abilities (that could have been the beggining of infestation as we know it - they found something while researching "lucky ones", researched it further, modiifed it etc... and after some time lost control over it.)

Back to the warframes: As we know, corrupted people (and most of the infested from dS) were/are mindless beasts, so the orokin tried to "tame" and controll them. That's where Transferenece comes into play(by the way, I'm not sure if Second Dream indicates that Transference was discovered after Margulis execution... then there is a major problem with the lore... or with my memory XD) - they discovered that the Tenno are capable of transfering themselves into some objects/mahines (hence the name). Margulis wanted to use that ability to allow the children to lead a semblance of a normal life... but it was ultimately used as a tool for combating the Sentient... (I'm digerssing again, aren't I?) Anyway, I guess that the "Blueprints" mentioned by the Lone Tenno were in fact people, mangled, reformed, infected with Technocyte Virus, corupted by The Void, and turned into a Puppet for the Tenno to control. (at least the prototypes for the frames, after testing they could have simply "grown" them like Lone Tenno said)(besides the Queen said that she isn't interested in the "Infested Puppet"...)

In sight of this, I can say that Hayden Tenno was the first Warframe, (Feral Warframe?) that appeared naturally.

What do you think about this?

Edited by Drejzer
Fight with spoiler tags

We already know where the Warframes came from. They were built by the Archmedians after Margulis thought up a conduit for the Tenno to use their powers. It's even stated in the Second Dream. The Orokin were gonna kill all those kids because of their uncontrollable powers. Margulis, one of their head scientist or something like that, takes pity on them & decides to try and find a way to let them live normal lives. Ballas, who is her husband, at least I think that's what is implied, and chief judge bigwig, decides that they should also be weaponized, because while the Orokin are afraid of the weird S#&$ these kids can do, so is the rest of the galaxy and they can use and control that to make themselves even more powerful. And thus they call them Tenno, and everything is good until the Sentients come back.

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

Ouch...

But the Rhino Codex kinda bothers me... that "beast" recognising people from Zariman(sub-concious/instinctual recognition of relatives?) ... 

btw... I have a feeling that you didn't read my post... 

(If you did, I beg your pardon)

Edited by Drejzer

1 minute ago, Drejzer said:

Ouch...

But the Rhino Codex kinda bothers me... that "beast" recognising people from Zariman... 

That's essentially you going into the video game world controlling Rhino and you suddenly realize that you, as Rhino, have walked into your friends house as your in-game character and are looking at him. 

If you take what you learn from The War Within, you'll realize that you believed you were a Warframe, but looking at the bodies of the Zariman kids triggered your memories enough to confuse you. 

At least, that's a hypothesis. 

3 minutes ago, Drejzer said:

Ouch...

But the Rhino Codex kinda bothers me... that "beast" recognising people from Zariman... 

I did but this is already established lore. People keep trying to tie this game to darkSector, and outside of easter eggs, the two have no relation. The Orokin made completely new bodies from scratch using metals and pre-infestation as conduits, with the Tenno being put to sleep, using the somatic link to control the frames. The Rhino Prime codex entry just shows that without someone to control them, the frames are monsters, much like the Infestation. Or maybe it was a prototype that broke free. Needless to say, during the fight against the Sentient, something happened and those nanites got lose, which is what led to the Infestation. So after the last Sentients were all beaten back and the Infestation put into check, the Tenno killed the Orokin for some reason, most likely the Lotus telling them what was really going on & some other S#&$, which hasn't really been explained yet. Although considering the Orokin were huge $&*^bags, I say the deserved it and leave it at that

3 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

That's essentially you going into the video game world controlling Rhino and you suddenly realize that you, as Rhino, have walked into your friends house as your in-game character and are looking at him. 

If you take what you learn from The War Within, you'll realize that you believed you were a Warframe, but looking at the bodies of the Zariman kids triggered your memories enough to confuse you. 

At least, that's a hypothesis. 

Hmm... Perhaps, but, from the description it seemed more like a behaviour of an animal.

"Crafted and rejected countless like it" doen't seem like it was intended for the Tenno to use(or at lest wasn't controlled by a Tenno), more like a prototype (probably from the time before discovery of transference?), at least in my opinion...

Wasn't Infestation created to fight the Sentient (and "backfired") before the creation of warframes?

Then again, we don't see our frames attacking others while we walk around... unless the first Transference turns the target into a useless puppet that just "turns off" if nothing else is controlling it...

My feeling is that when some becomes Cephalonized, they leave behind a body and fragments of unwanted mind.  I believe that this is where they get the prototypes of warframes.  Once they were proven formidable, they were copied using infestation as a base for the flesh.  If not this, then it has to be something like it due to the fact that Warframes have personality, and that has to come from somewhere.

On 28.03.2017 at 6:29 PM, Danjal777 said:

My feeling is that when some becomes Cephalonized, they leave behind a body and fragments of unwanted mind.  I believe that this is where they get the prototypes of warframes.  Once they were proven formidable, they were copied using infestation as a base for the flesh.  If not this, then it has to be something like it due to the fact that Warframes have personality, and that has to come from somewhere.

hmm... it also could be a kind of a residue? But then again it kinda conflicts with "mindless animals/beasts"...

Well... the warframe prototypes could have been people like Hayden, people not driven mad by the void/technocyte for some reason and then put into armours like limbo or mirage, as they were distinct individuals (unless they get prime'd in the future, thus invalidatig this theory)(sice Lotus would't have the reaction she did during the Mirage quest(forgot the name)

what drives me really mad is that warframe is around for 4 years and yet we still dont know what we actually play
I think its really simple on this case when Valkyr Prime trailer dropped you can hear somewhere in the trailer groanin sounds like wild animal thats going out of  Valkyr frame i suppose..
THEN we got Rhino Codex where is stated that massive beast in flesh kills everything in its path..
and now just tie it together
we know now that beneath the armor there is Technocyte virus a living flesh to be more specific (Second dream scene where frame itself without the operator breaks WAR sword)
my theory is that creature in rhino codex is simply one of first prototypes of "Hosts for frames" living creature created or somehow upgraded via. technocyte virus
so by this point question is what was this creature before it was hit with the virus? OR is this creature came to life after being hit with thechnocyte virus?
one of the answers might be that living creature thats inside our warframes could be mutated grineer slave since all frames got human look and all other things that was infected by technocyte virus just dont look like human body in any shape..so i think that inside a frame must be mutated human body and this body might be some grineer slave since in orokin times grineer existed as slaves and for labor work