Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Euphona Prime vs Akstiletto Prime

Yusif854

Question

Title. My vote is for Akstiletto Prime but I haven't finished tests. Tell me which one is better for 100+ levels. 

My build for Akstiletto Prime:

Hornet Strike 

Lethal Torrent 

Barrel Diffusion

Primed Pistol Gambit 

Primed Target Cracker 

3x Dual stat mods which gives me 100% status chance and corrosive+heat dmg

My build for Euphona Prime first fire mode:

Hornet Strike 

Lethal Torrent 

Barrel Diffusion 

Primed Pistol Gambit 

Primed Target Cracker 

3x pure 90% elementals again giving me corrosive+heat dmg

My build for Euphona Prime shotgun mode:

Hornet Strike 

Lethal Torrent 

Barrel Diffusion 

4x dual status mods giving me 100% status and viral+radiation dmg

And last one is up to you. I use 120% slash mod for that

12 answers to this question

Well for now, the Euphona crit version is the worst of the 3. Euphona Prime has good slash and can reach 100% status chance which is good for bleed procs and stuff. But, the Akstiletto Prime has crit and status, and both those will outdo anything so I'd say Akstiletto Prime.

Edit: I actually forgot the Akstilleto Prime were impact based. So it's possible for the Euphona to kill faster.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400

I would never build for two modes. The shotgun mode is barely useful, so I modded for the single shot.

Both are incredibly powerful weapons to use.

For me, it's based on personal preference because of that ^ and I choose Euphona. It's super fun to one shot with headshots.

But if you were to see which is more powerful, I'd say Akstiletto.

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

15 minutes ago, Yusif854 said:

Well I only want to know which one is more POWERFUL! Not anything else. I don't care about it is being fun or good looking or anything else. I want to know which one is MORE POWERFUL 

Well, if you're looking for POWERFUL, then Euphona prime is the obvious answer, I mean, auto-pistols vs a damned hand cannon. Primary fire oneshots everything under lvl 60-70, secondary fire with 100% status 1-2 shots everything else.

Edited by rapt0rman

Well, from my experience, euphona is more powerful. There are a variety of situations that could make one more useful than the other, but when it comes to raw damage, euphona seems to outdo akstiletto.

In terms of sustained dps, akstiletto might come out ahead, because of euphona's low fire rate and long reload. But, because you can use euphona's alt-fire to spray status onto an enemy before murdering them with the slug shot, euphona should take most individual targets down faster.

Akstilleto Prime but why 3x 60/60% mods, look at fire rate, you don't need so much status ime. Drop just one for Primed Heated Charge and you still get 95% status which is still more corrosive procs per second than you need to burn off scaling armor. But as you like.

Euph Prime single shot high crit superb for other jobs. Love it.

Either makes pretty-but-meh Sicarus Prime look like garbage despite buffs to it ... SHAME SHAME SHAME ring the shame bell.

Akstiletto, definitely. Crit+status and all that multishot mean that it outdamages not only every secondary out there, but most primaries as well. Corrosive procs tear enemy armor really fast, and if you're not up against Grineer/Corrupted, slot Blast + anything, you'll be ragdolling things like no tomorrow.

While Euphona is nice at a glance, it suffers from several drawbacks - non-hitscan fire, small clip and nonexistent status chance. Also, the biggest problem is that accurate, semi-auto weapons don't have THAT much use in Warframe as enemies tend to come in hordes. 

4 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Akstiletto, definitely. Crit+status and all that multishot mean that it outdamages not only every secondary out there, but most primaries as well. Corrosive procs tear enemy armor really fast, and if you're not up against Grineer/Corrupted, slot Blast + anything, you'll be ragdolling things like no tomorrow.

While Euphona is nice at a glance, it suffers from several drawbacks - non-hitscan fire, small clip and nonexistent status chance. Also, the biggest problem is that accurate, semi-auto weapons don't have THAT much use in Warframe as enemies tend to come in hordes. 

While you're not wrong, you forgot how euphona is a status monster with the alt fire. Its just as good or better than a aksteleto, problem is, you have to be right up on the thing you're trying to kill, which in most high leveled cases will get you dead pretty quickly.

@Yusif854 Unless you are prepared to spend a lot on ammo plates, then, for lvl100+, it's not really a competition because you simply can't use Akstiletto without running out of ammo very quickly, even with Ammo Case. P Ammo Mutation ultimately doesn't help either. It gives you a few more lvls to work with but soon you will find yourself spending 80+ rounds to kill one heavy and there just won't be enough ammo drops in general to sustain that. That said, the same fate will meet Euphona P as well if you wait long enough. This is assuming, of course, you are going against armor.

In case you are not aiming to use your secondary exclusively (or often enough) and ammo consumption therefore isn't a concern, it really depends on how high lvl you wanna reach. Euphona P still one-shots lvl100 Bombards and two-shots Gunners with Rad+Hydraulic build. I would say Euphona is better until at least lvl120-130, maybe even 140. After that the status on AkStiletto should be better, especially for heavy units. However, this also depends a lot on what frame you decide to play. Anything with dmg buff/enemy de-buff will obviously favor the raw damage of Euphona more than the status based dmg of AkStiletto. The thing to realize here is that the difference in dps is absolutely massive. Euphona P has 81k sustained dps (highest of any weapon in the game), while AkStiletto have 24k (not to mention even bigger difference in headshot dps).

There is also the fact that you can use Euphona's shotgun mode, which with 100% status build will work even better than AkStiletto at very high lvls, but unfortunately, the range limitation on it is way too much and it's really not that usable in the majority of serious situations.

To be honest, I suspect that you are not really going to see that much action going solo against lvl100+ using your primary or secondary only. For meaningful (i.e. you are not just trying to find how far you can get using *this* weapon only) high lvl missions you should think in terms of group play with 4xCP, and in terms of frame composition - which is only then augmented with the right choice of weapons. In those situations AkStiletto lose a lot of power since armor stripping is no longer necessary; but then again, if you use Banshee for example, then you might do enough dmg that automatic, fast reloading weapon like AkStiletto P would end up being better - at least until the lvls again increase enough that you don't waste Euphona's dmg on overkills.

Your builds are not the best. For Euphona P the build should be: Hornet+Lethal+Barrel+P Gambit+P Target+P Heated+90(Rad)+Hydraulic Crosshairs. For AkStiletto: Hornet+Lethal+Barrel+P Gambit+P Target+60+60(Corrosive)+Hydraulic. You don't need to reach 100% status chance on AkStiletto - in contrast to shotguns, it doesn't give you any special benefit. And, actually, adding Scorch lowers your chance to get a Corrosive proc.

Finally, to share my opinion of the two weapons... Do I think Euphona P is overpowered? When comparing it to every other single shot, single target weapon in the game, I would say that yes, it definitely is. Even accounting for the inconvenience of it not being hitsca,  the small magazine and non-existent status chance, the difference in dmg is just too great. You are talking about 81k dps vs 53k for Lanka, 50k for Ferrox, 49.5k for Rakta Cernos, 49k for Vectis P and Rubico, 39k for AkLex, 36k for Dex Sybaris and Pandero, 30k for Spira P, 29k for Rakta Ballistica, 27k for Lex P, etc. When comparing it to weapons in general, however, it is harder to tell as single target weapons in WF are inherently gimped. If DE continues with the nerfing of AoE, then yeah, possibly.

As for AkStiletto, it's a great all around weapon with basically no weaknesses and mostly better than Euphona for starchart and comparable or perhaps just slightly weaker for Sorties. The only problem it has, really, is that Staticor is basically the same, but kills high lvl units even faster and has AoE. So for any mission you might take AkStiletto on, you might as well take Staticor instead, unless you feel too tired and want the hitscan convenience.

Edited by Cabesi