Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox build

DEATHLOK

Question

I saw a neat strategy involving the use of Rest (I think) with Maim. I think the practice magnifies the Maim effect. But I have no info on the build. If anyone is familiar, I'd like some help.

Equinox%20WIP_zps5pyoysmo.jpg

That's what I have so far. I assume I'll need to invest another Forma, but which Polarity should I commit to?

There has to be more I can do with Equinox than Maim. Seems a complicated frame would have more than just one trick up its sleeve.

I really need help.

My Oberon build sucks, too. But that's fodder for another thread. :smile:

12 answers to this question

You don't need power strength for Maim. Max Eff- Max Range - Slight Duration, add Vitality for survivability. 

Edit: Neither Rest needs Power Strength.

Edit2: Forgot about Natural Talent.

Edit3: Forget about Primed Flow or Flow.

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

The trick is to use Rest, switch, start Main, and then melee kill them, which deals way more damage since they're asleep. More kills means more Maim damage. To build for it, duration and range are most important, but some strength can directly help by letting you take advantage of Rage better.

Also, please let me know when you want help with your Oberon build. I think I can change your opinion on him, as I do for most people I help.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

The trick is to use Rest, switch, start Main, and then melee kill them, which deals way more damage since they're asleep. More kills means more Maim damage. To build for it, duration and range are most important, but some strength can directly help by letting you take advantage of Rage better.

Also, please let me know when you want help with your Oberon build. I think I can change your opinion on him, as I do for most people I help.

Will do. He used to be my favorite frame, a long, long time ago.

What about another Polarity?

And this?

Equinox%20WIP%202_zps2y5etvn8.jpg

I don't understand what "building charges" is all about, but I assume Maim does not simply run all the time, as would World on Fire. How are you supposed to know how much damage the squad has done and how best to "use" that?

And can you use 3 to offset a lower efficiency?

Higher power only benefits an initial Slash proc done when the power is first started?

Told you I needed help! :shocked:

Edited by DEATHLOK

50 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I don't understand what "building charges" is all about, but I assume Maim does not simply run all the time, as would World on Fire. How are you supposed to know how much damage the squad has done and how best to "use" that?

Higher power only benefits an initial Slash proc done when the power is first started?

Maim works like this: Maim (on)  - Killed 3-4 targets to accumulate damage (Accumulates 75% of the shields - health of each enemy you killed and Power Strength doesn't affect the % nor the damage) - Maim (off, not affected by power str) - Repeat. Don't accumulate a lot of damage as its not needed so its just clear spamfest of Maim once you accumulate enough dmg each time, find the balance yourself of how much damage you have to accumulate for each faction and level.

Don't use 3, you don't need it.

Higher power does increase only the initial slash proc.

Remove TF - Rage add Rush - Natural Talent, you don't need those. Rest are good.

Why Rush? Faster mobility will help you nuke more enemies around, and helps you change locations faster.

Why Natural Talent? speeds up the slow animation of Maim when you recast it to deal damage.

Edit: Care of Heavy armor units, if you don't strip their armor first, no matter how much damage you accumulate if they are lvl 100+, they wont feel a thing.

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah

32 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

How are you supposed to know how much damage the squad has done

Look at the number on the screen :P

There'll be a counter at the top while Maim is active, telling you its stored damage.

32 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

and how best to "use" that?

Position yourself in range of as many enemies as possible,
unleash the stored damage, stuff dies. Not overly complicated, really. *shrug*

35 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Not sure what you mean by that, Pacify & Provoke drains Energy, it doesn't give any back.

What you might be thinking of / might've heard is that, with Zenurik Focus,
you don't even need max Efficiency to still regen more Energy than you use during Pacify
(it being a conditional drain, this ability - like Despoil - allows Energy Overflow to keep working).

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

There has to be more I can do with Equinox than Maim.

If max Range Maim blasts aren't doing it for you,
you could e.g. replace Overextended with Peaceful Provocation
(and Rage with maybe simply Intensify).

In Day form, you get to be a pretty significant ability buffer (in the right Squad)
and not least pump some more damage into your Maim Slash procs.

Night form becomes a mini-Nova, slowing down enemies in addition to weakening them.
Actually, if you're planning on spending most of your time in Night,
you can (see previous quote) hurt your Efficiency a little bit with Blind Rage
(replace Intensify with it) to really gimp those poor suckers near you, heh.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

It's a bit sad how that seems to be the mindset of the majority of 'Noxes I encounter,
very few of them try to buff their Squadmates / debuff enemies :(

Well i use 2 builds, on Maim one, i never use 3rd ability to buff squadmates lol, 8% ? Is it that significant that 8% you will get from it? :D 

2nd Build focuses on 3rd though, which is not Maim build, there i do use 3rd ability. 

14 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

So you guys like this?

Equinox%20WIP%203_zpsxuqhvkgp.jpg

That's good. I'd personally just replace Cunning Drift with Rest and Rage's augment or Primed Flow. Rest and Rage's augment would let more enemies get caught in Rest after you switch. Primed Flow would be handy for dealing with energy leeches and just generally having more energy to use. Alternatively, Replacing Cunning Drift and Streamline with Rest and Rage's augment and Constitution. More duration with Rest spreading would be nice. It's mainly a matter of what you prefer. I mainly just recommend replacing Cunning Drift, because the difference between 235% and 250% range is only a little under a 7% total range boost.

u dont need power mods for equinox.. cz dmg of maim is based how much dmg u doing with u wepons...max range fleeting 4 straaimline 4...primed continuity.fow.quick thinking insted of vitality..and for last slot i use one of augments... most of time for sleep its really good