Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is efficiency broken?

(PSN)chibi_matatabi

Question

ive been playing with my build on titania, and it seems like efficiency is completely broken, or pointless...

with 150% efficiency, its 8.75 energy per second (blind rage 7, fleeting expertise 5, streamline 5)

with 175% efficiency, its 2.5 energy per second (fleeting expertise 4, streamline 5)

with 100% efficiency its 5 energy per second (unmodded)

I have noticed similar on ivara.... all I gotta say is... WTF

any response on the reason, or explanation for this would be much appreciated 

I did not report this as a bug yet, as due to some of DE's decisions in the past and present I cannot decipher what is a bug and what is intentional 

(edit: I also noted a increase from their previous max efficiency costs, titanias doubleing from 1.25 to 2.5 (with transient fortitude), and ivaras going from .25 to .4)

Edited by (PS4)chibi_matatabi

16 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

... how does duration factor into efficiency?

Duration affects abilities that drain over time btw, It reduces their cost per second a lot more than efficiency can tbh, this was introduced during the equinox release I think but you should go read on the warframe wikia it'll make better sense of it all.

Just now, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Duration affects abilities that drain over time btw, It reduces their cost per second a lot more than efficiency can tbh, this was introduced during the equinox release I think but you should go read on the warframe wikia it'll make better sense of it all.

tyvm for the info, though it sounds completely stupid, accuracy seems to fall into that category as well...

Just now, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

tyvm for the info, though it sounds completely stupid, accuracy seems to fall into that category as well...

Longer duration = more efficiency, Shorter = less. Accuracy has always been ridiculous.

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Longer duration = more efficiency, Shorter = less. Accuracy has always been ridiculous.

Yep Its best not to focus on accuracy and just focus on making stuff work, Unless its a weapon I wouldn't worry all too much about accuracy,as it gives migraines to me who can spend hours tweaking something to perfection.

11 minutes ago, elitetrollz said:

There is a new formula from update 17 i think

latest?cb=20151022163549

Thats why I immidiatly sent you chibi to the wikia because its something you need to read and then it becomes instinctual when you mod things.

Also watch out for the minimum cap for reduced energy per second, it can only be lowered by so much. you can check on the abilities on your arsenal it shows ya with mods, Like some frames can't go lower than 2 energy per second etc; I learned that with my chroma.

Edited by AlphaTheFinalBalance

13 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

... how does duration factor into efficiency?

It doesn't. Duration and Efficiency are separate.

Look at it this way, with default stats in everything, you tick say 10 energy per second. 150% efficiency will cause you to tick 5 energy per second. The same can also be achieved by having 200% duration, you'll tick 10 energy per second once every 2 seconds, meaning an average of 5 energy per second.

If you want your toggles to last for a long duration of time then you need duration mods. But mostly efficiency.

4 minutes ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

Also watch out for the minimum cap for reduced energy per second, it can only be lowered by so much. you can check on the abilities on your arsenal it shows ya with mods, Like some frames can't go lower than 2 energy per second etc.

There's no need to post multiple times in a row, just edit your previous post with the additional information.

Edited by DeMonkey

Think about it this way:
Efficiency: Energy per second

Duration: Second(s) per energy ;D

So for maximum energy usage on abilities with a drain over time you should build a combination of the two.

Edited by Leahzar

Duration changes the period over which drain is calculated. If you have 150% duration, you have the listed drain over 1.5 seconds, so divide by 1.5 to find the per-second value. On the other hand, if you have 40% duration, you divide by 0.4, so you have 2.5x the drain. The 25% minimum cost only applies to the final value, so it's possible to have more than 175% efficiency before duration is taken into account. For example, using both Fleeting Expertise and Streamline maxed gives you 190% efficiency and 40% duration for 25% drain on channeled powers.