Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Had to kick someone

DSkycroft

So,I just had to kick a player from my clan because they refused to help other clan members,despite the fact that we had all helped him several times. He even had the nerve to ask why we kept asking him to take time out of his day. The reason isn't that he is unable to help,as he logs on regularly and plays for several hours. I am wondering if I should warn my friends who also have their own clans about his behavior so that they don't waste their time on him. Would I get in trouble for doing that?

Edited by DSkycroft

1 minute ago, DSkycroft said:

So,I just had to kick a player from my clan because they refused to help other clan members,despite the fact that we had all helped him several times. He even had the nerve to ask why we kept asking him to take time out of his day. The reason isn't that he is unable to help,as he logs on regularly and plays for several hours. I am wondering if I should warn my friends who also have their own clans about his behavior so that they don't waste their time on him. Would I get in trouble for doing that?

No but i dont really get the kicking him tho..i mean if he doesnt wanna help then so b it..what goes around comes around meaning no more help for him

Just now, (Xbox One)ItsMast3rking said:

No but i dont really get the kicking him tho..i mean if he doesnt wanna help then so b it..what goes around comes around meaning no more help for him

It isn't really the not helping part that I kicked him for;it was that he was rude when asked to help.

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

What kind of help have you asked of him? Maybe he's more of a solo player? I don't think a kick is really justified here. 

We have asked him to help us with farming stuff for research and for certain mods. He is not a solo player because he has asked us for help several times,and we have helped him. He wants the pros of being in a clan,but doesn't actually want to contribute. He is also rude when asked to help,and that is not something that should go unpunished in my opinion.

Edited by DSkycroft

1 minute ago, Zepp_ said:

Stories like this are why I think clans shouldn't be able to kick people without 80% membership agreement.

There are multiple people in charge of my clan (kind of like a grand council),and we all agreed on kicking him.

20 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Let me put this to you easy. As the clan leader/warlord you make a decision and you stick to it. Don't come to the forums asking people if it was okay to do something. It is your clan and you can run it however you please. 

I have rules in my clan and I when I kick players I don't ask others if it was okay or their opinion. You must be the boss and sometimes it does not feel fun.

1 minute ago, DogManDan said:

Let me put this to you easy. As the clan leader/warlord you make a decision and you stick to it. Don't come to the forums asking people if it was okay to do something. It is your clan and you can run it however you please. 

I have rules in my clan and I when I kick players I don't ask others if it was okay or their opinion. You must be the boss and sometimes it does not feel fun.

As I said just a moment ago,our clan is governed by several people,and we have to come to an agreement before making a major decision like kicking someone. I also felt kind of bad about kicking him,even if he deserved it.

My only issue with some clan leaders is they dont always follow their own rules...i was in a clan where the leader had set up some rules some of which were no cursing, trading or spamming...all of which he does himself n when he's called out on them..his ecuse is "im the leader n the one tht set them up so they dont apply to me" my thing is y do u want people to follow yoyr rules if u yourself wont follow them

12 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

Stories like this are why I think clans shouldn't be able to kick people without 80% membership agreement.

Well lets see you are welcome to make your own clan, but if you join someone else's you must follow the rules set like it or not. I am the sole Warlord I make the decisions and my say is final in my clan, this is called being the leader! 80% members agree lol I don't think so.

1 minute ago, DogManDan said:

Well lets see you are welcome to make your own clan, but if you join someone else's you must follow the rules set like it or not. I am the sole Warlord I make the decisions and my say is final in my clan, this is called being the leader! 80% members agree lol I don't think so.

I dont the your say is the final but my main thing is as a leader if you set a rule, you should b the first one to stick to it as a prime example for all members

Kicking him if he isn't a fit for your clan is fine. 

Badmouthing him to other clans/people isn't cool though. 

Your clan wants everyone to be active in that manner, most clans don't expect people to be forced to help others when they don't feel like it. 

And you perceive him to be rude, but we don't have his side of the story. Maybe he felt harassed/forced to do things he didn't want to do and pushed back? Help shouldn't feel forced or expected imo. 

Just kick him and move on if he doesn't fit your clan. He doesn't need to be punished because he didn't kiss your fanny when you demanded he help other clan members when he didn't want to. 

6 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

That's not a Leader ,that's a Boss. 

Spoiler

boss-vs-leader-800x800.png

Edited by aligatorno

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Kicking him if he isn't a fit for your clan is fine. 

Badmouthing him to other clans/people isn't cool though. 

Your clan wants everyone to be active in that manner, most clans don't expect people to be forced to help others when they don't feel like it. 

And you perceive him to be rude, but we don't have his side of the story. Maybe he felt harassed/forced to do things he didn't want to do and pushed back? Help shouldn't feel forced or expected imo. 

Just kick him and move on if he doesn't fit your clan. He doesn't need to be punished because he didn't kiss your fanny when you demanded he help other clan members when he didn't want to. 

I am not kicking him for not "Kissing My Fanny",and I never demanded he do anything. I and several others asked him for help and he was rude about it. We had helped him whenever he asked,and all we asked for was a little help in return. If he had simply declined then he wouldn't have been kicked,but,as I said before,he was rude about it.

59 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

Why? He said the guy didn't want to help for research and farming, and not for lack of playtime (which in that case can be understandable).

I am the Warlord in my clan and my say is the final say. Anyone who doesn't follow the golden rule gets kicked, doesn't mean it's a dictatorship or anything of the sort. 

2 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

I am the Warlord in my clan and my say is the final say. Anyone who doesn't follow the golden rule gets kicked, doesn't mean it's a dictatorship or anything of the sort.

It wouldn't matter if it was a dictatorship.

If that's how someone wants to run their clan then they are free to do so, if members don't like it they are free to leave and join another clan or form their own.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:11 PM, Zepp_ said:

maybe in a ghost or shadow clan, but my clan has like 700 members and about 400 of them are relatively inactive so getting an 80% membership agreement to kick anybody would be literally impossible.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, aligatorno said:

What kind of help have you asked of him? Maybe he's more of a solo player? I don't think a kick is really justified here. 

If he's a solo player, why did he accept help from others?