Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hulta armor mismatched color channels

Kierlak

The Hulta armor's color channels are mismatched between the top and bottom, and what should be the accent channel is in the primary channel. Also, the texture used for the non-metal parts takes color poorly, making everything appear much too light in comparison to everything else.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I am pretty sure it's not mismatched, but the intention is for those to be colored differently.

Why? There's nothing positive about not being able to color them the same. There's no way it's not a bug.

16 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Why? There's nothing positive about not being able to color them the same. There's no way it's not a bug.

That it doesn't follow the logic you think it should does not mean that there is no way it is not a bug.

I can completely assure you the armor set has been like this since release, and there is no way, absolutely, that the Art team and Mynki wouldn't have known, especially since they have to pass the default colors and all that, which is based on their own concepts.

Not the only item that has some weird logic (Ember Prime's body being the Primary instead of the black section, as most Prime Warframes? Excalibur Prime using the stripes as Primary too instead of the white sections!?). But yup, that's how it was designed.

And by the way, I don't think not being able to color them the same is negative or positive. Just different.

Imagine changing it after all these years. I'm pretty sure there's people that have nice schemes going on with it and would be super infuriated. Besides the fact that switching tints around can create more issues than one would think.

Edited by NightmareT12

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I can completely assure you the armor set has been like this since release, and there is no way, absolutely, that the Art team and Mynki wouldn't have known, especially since they have to pass the default colors and all that, which is based on their own concepts.

The magazine on the akstiletto conclave skin, until recently, was floating out in space near the barrel. Was it intentional up until they changed it? Did they have a concept of a set of pistols where the magazine fed bullets into the chamber via pure force of will across space and time, and then just change their mind and put in the normal place? Or maybe do you think that they are just criminally slow on fixing things because people don't hold their feet to the fire like they should, and excuse obvious bugs/screw ups as some sort of artistic expression that plebs just can't understand?

If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed, and if it's intentional, it looks like garbage and makes the armor set extremely restricted in ways you can color it, and needs to be changed. It's basically false advertising, because there's no indication when you go to buy them that they are inflicted with such a garbo color mismatch, causing you to have more or less wasted the plat.

6 hours ago, Kierlak said:

The magazine on the akstiletto conclave skin, until recently, was floating out in space near the barrel. Was it intentional up until they changed it? Did they have a concept of a set of pistols where the magazine fed bullets into the chamber via pure force of will across space and time, and then just change their mind and put in the normal place? Or maybe do you think that they are just criminally slow on fixing things because people don't hold their feet to the fire like they should, and excuse obvious bugs/screw ups as some sort of artistic expression that plebs just can't understand?

If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed, and if it's intentional, it looks like garbage and makes the armor set extremely restricted in ways you can color it, and needs to be changed. It's basically false advertising, because there's no indication when you go to buy them that they are inflicted with such a garbo color mismatch, causing you to have more or less wasted the plat.

I had a super angry response here, but upon rereading the original post I need to ask for clarification what you're talking about. Metallics seem fine across the board and so does the Accents? Or were you talking about the secondary (green) and tertiary (whiteish?) large areas?

Edited by NightmareT12

10 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I had a super angry response here, but upon rereading the original post I need to ask for clarification what you're talking about. Metallics seem fine across the board and so does the Accents? Or were you talking about the secondary (green) and tertiary (whiteish?) large areas?

Both.

The primary color channel is controlling what is obviously supposed to be the accent color channel, the secondary color channel is controlling the main body of the shoulders and chest, but only the edge trim of the legs, and the tertiary channel affects the main body of the legs, but doesn't affect the chest and shoulders at all. The accent channel is controlling what looks like should be the tertiary channel, and beyond that, bleeds through the entire backside of the arms/legs in a solid color.

These color channels being messed up cause this armor to be impossible to use with nearly all syandanas, because having a color that works with a metal accent part on the armor will not work on the main body of a syandana. This is why it's important to keep these color channels consistent.

2 hours ago, Kierlak said:

Both.

The primary color channel is controlling what is obviously supposed to be the accent color channel, the secondary color channel is controlling the main body of the shoulders and chest, but only the edge trim of the legs, and the tertiary channel affects the main body of the legs, but doesn't affect the chest and shoulders at all. The accent channel is controlling what looks like should be the tertiary channel, and beyond that, bleeds through the entire backside of the arms/legs in a solid color.

These color channels being messed up cause this armor to be impossible to use with nearly all syandanas, because having a color that works with a metal accent part on the armor will not work on the main body of a syandana. This is why it's important to keep these color channels consistent.

Yeah. However there's a thing to note here: The tint 4 for metallics was initally applied to only Prime accessories, but they ended up deciding at some point it was better to move new pieces to Tint 4. There's always the odd one (Uru Prime, Gazal), but usually the rule is followed -- Dex Noudachi and Riv Elite are testment to this.

HOWEVER, when this one came out it was tint 4 for Primes mostly. And besides it's not looking that bad on itself because the last tint goes to the back.

On the Tint 2/3 thing, you can notice the material finish for the Tint 3 is actually fabric. It's actually where it belongs, and design wise was meant this way. Don't ask me why they decided that, but it's really supposed to be like that. When they have tint channels they see this RGB+M scheme, so you can bet they would have noticed something so big. Besides, it's approved on concept.

As for Syandana coloring, there are thankfully still some that work with it. And thankfully DE is going to separate them anyways (but when DE, I'm waiting here!) so yeah.

Tint switching is something that should be considered only in an extreme case or when the opportunity arises (I remember asking for the Excalibur Prime Primary to be changed to the large white portion instead of its stripes, but that was because they had to redo all the Tint channel file for the PBR update anyways). Because things can go, unfortunately, wrong and then it's playing a waiting game to get them fixed (hell, I'm waiting here for them to fix 5 Primes and a regular frame post PBR conversion lol)

You must also note, though, this is the only single armor set they decided to do so weirdly. The rest has always been consistent, so I guess they already had their fair share of feedback on it.

Edited by NightmareT12

11 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Besides, it's approved on concept.

This is not an excuse for selling people something that does not work like everything else in it's category and not making that very clear that it doesn't work like everything else. How many people have they bilked out of 325 plat for armor that does not work right? Because of how you buy it, you can't even do any tests in the arsenal to see how it takes color.