The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full account resets once Beta is over?

Zepp_

On 4/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, Zepp_ said:

I've been thinking a lot about this, and once Warframe leaves Beta I think there is a really good chance they will reset everyone's account back to zero and refund all spent plat to your account so everyone can start fresh.

Lots of games have done this, and it would make sense is Warframe did it, too.

I am looking forward to doing the Star Chart from scratch as intended after the most recent Star Chart update.  I've always been bummed that I missed out on that by having it all unlocked.  I am also looking forward to collecting all the frames again.  I like the collection process.

Which part are you most looking forward to?

A couple years ago, they answered that question and explicitly said they wouldn't do that, iirc.

Besides, Warframe's never leaving beta. IMO, it isn't even technically a beta. IMO, it's an alpha (betas are feature-complete; alphas are constantly changing, like Warframe is). And, most likely, it's going to stay that way.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

9 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Hard to believe, since in the end, you're still grinding enemies.

No, I actually understand the feeling. WF has managed to instill that kinda feel to it. If I were to have absolutely nothing to farm, I would still be out there killing masses of enemies just for kicks.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:52 PM, Zepp_ said:

I've been thinking a lot about this, and once Warframe leaves Beta I think there is a really good chance they will reset everyone's account back to zero and refund all spent plat to your account so everyone can start fresh.

Lots of games have done this, and it would make sense is Warframe did it, too.

I am looking forward to doing the Star Chart from scratch as intended after the most recent Star Chart update.  I've always been bummed that I missed out on that by having it all unlocked.  I am also looking forward to collecting all the frames again.  I like the collection process.

Which part are you most looking forward to?

A better and less stupid idea than taking away three to four years of progress and real money from the hands of players. If you want to start from scartch make a second account and start over. Most of the people here would not like their work on the game to be thrown away.

Accounts will not be reset unless there's some sort of catastrophic game issue (i.e. accounts corrupting themselves, becoming unrecoverable, all of the data servers that store account data catastrophically failing at the same time, etc).

So, you, your progress and your stuff is safe.