The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

1 minute ago, ChameleonBro said:

As a Limbo main I am extremely satisfied with this rework HOWEVER, the Banish change I feel like was completely unnecesarry. Banish lost it's point with this change. Why would you need to banish someone and than go to the rift, the entier point of it is to ho to the rift and THAN banish your target, not the other way around. I feel like this rework would be perfect if you brought back the old Banish (keep the AoE though)

As a Limbo main, I am not /completely/ satisfied, but banish is the glaring problem so I agree there.

Edited by Frenjo

Just now, Frenjo said:

As a Limbo main, I am not /completely/ satisfied, but banish is the glaring problem so I agree there.

Obviously there could be some more buffs to something like his 3 since the damahe doesn't really seem to be that high, or make the stummble effect on cataclysm a bit longer but in general I like the changes, except the banish one.

Obviously there could be some more buffs to something like his 3 since the damahe doesn't really seem to be that high, or make the stummble effect on cataclysm a bit longer but in general I like the changes, except the banish one.

Yeah, i'm not even using his 3 since I'm still semi-confused as to how it works, and it doesn't give me any reasonable benefit from the few times I have used it.

1 minute ago, Buddhakingpen said:

New limbo is incredibly too powerful. He essentially replaces frost, only his bubble has no hp, he does more damage, and he can isolate the enemies for his team to fight in batches.  He's easily endgame loki tier. 

I think you either haven't tested him or you haven't gone to "endgame" missions since you are making  that claim. Both his bubble and frosts bubble cam be used Im different defensive purposes

6 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

New limbo is incredibly too powerful. He essentially replaces frost, only his bubble has no hp, he does more damage, and he can isolate the enemies for his team to fight in batches.  He's easily endgame loki tier. 

That's funny. I r8 that b8 an 8/8. 

4 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

Yeah, i'm not even using his 3 since I'm still semi-confused as to how it works, and it doesn't give me any reasonable benefit from the few times I have used it.

From the damage I have seen it doesn't seem to be very good. Idk what's up with that. But I am mainly hoping they fix his banish, because right now it is kinda unusable. Kinda like his old Cataclysm

Just now, ChameleonBro said:

From the damage I have seen it doesn't seem to be very good. Idk what's up with that. But I am mainly hoping they fix his banish, because right now it is kinda unusable. Kinda like his old Cataclysm

I just don't even know what to think, but then again i'm sure us Limbo mains think alike :D

I think you either haven't tested him or you haven't gone to "endgame" missions since you are making  that claim. Both his bubble and frosts bubble cam be used Im different defensive purposes

I guess me just figuring him out better and faster than you is off the table as an option eh? I literally play nothing except endurance mot runs, and doing over an hour hasnt been this easy with a non stealth frame since mags rework before they changed how shards interact with nullifiers.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

He's trolling. 

Ah, if i dont follow the hivemind i'm trolling.  Try this. 

-Stay in the rift, and keep 2 up at all times

-Cast 4 on any group you want. Said group will automaically enter the rift being in stasis

-Cast 3 for a damage buff if you have rift torrent. Honestly i havent witnessed the base skills effects from its description, but rift torrent still works as a legit damage buff. 

-Cast 1, then release stasis but put it back up instantly. 

Enemies will be in an arena, stuck in mid knockdown animation enabling stealth damage, not able to hit you back as you melee them for free stealth damage with a damage buff on top. Since melee doesnt count as bullets, you can melee for the entire duration of the skill with no penalty

5 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

-Cast 4 on any group you want. Said group will automaically enter the rift being in stasis

-Cast 3 for a damage buff if you have rift torrent. Honestly i havent witnessed the base skills effects from its description, but rift torrent still works as a legit damage buff. 

Enemies will be in an arena, stuck in mid knockdown animation enabling stealth damage, not able to hit you back as you melee them for free stealth damage with a damage buff on top. Since melee doesnt count as bullets, you can melee for the entire duration of the skill with no penalty

I was mulling over whether to post this or not tbh, id have preferred if they figured it out.

Rift torrent mod is the old surge guys.

Also why mid knock down and not full? Unless mid knock down still counts as prone?

But yes guys Limbo has an order of operations now.

His skill ceiling went up.

7 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

I guess me just figuring him out better and faster than you is off the table as an option eh? I literally play nothing except endurance mot runs, and doing over aur hasnt been this easy with a non stealth frame since mags rework before they changed how shards interact with nullifiers.

I never said it ain't true. It just has a lot more requerments to be better, mainly communication. And than you also have to consider having to walk in and out all the time to Be  able to Shoot enemies, with Limbo it's a lot more damgerous. Saying it id op is redicilously stupid.

It's not that you have figured him out better and faster than me, it's simply you not being able to see past the surfice,  just like looking only at what seems op on paper without doing it in practise.

5 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

You don't receive any damage buffs without the augment. Instead of a base damage buff you once received on top of the augment. It used to offer a 2.0 multiplier without augment that was boosted by power strength along with the augment scaling off power strength. On a controller, what you suggested is like 30 seconds of work just to set up. That's on top of Cataclysm consistently getting smaller every second. So what got knocked over by Cataclysm can easily leave the rift if it's on the edge of the ability. Also Stasis doesn't work on non-rifted enemies. If you're in a group you have a 300 projectile limit amongst 4 people. Banish now only works on enemies of the same plane. You just perfectly demonstrated how much more difficult it has become to do something that was simple as Limbo 1.0

another thing that bugs me is this : roll into the rift, set up a cataclysm, jump inside, exit and i'm outmatically outta the rift even if i don't roll to get outta rift walk, with the old limbo i'm sure that if i went into rift walk, entered and exited cataclysm multiple times for whatever reason, as long my rift walk duration was up i never got pulled outta the rift upon leaving a cataclysm..

15 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

His skill ceiling went up.

His skill ceiling was always pretty high, tiny insult there.

2 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

another thing that bugs me is this : roll into the rift, set up a cataclysm, jump inside, exit and i'm outmatically outta the rift even if i don't roll to get outta rift walk, with the old limbo i'm sure that if i went into rift walk, entered and exited cataclysm multiple times for whatever reason, as long my rift walk duration was up i never got pulled outta the rift upon leaving a cataclysm..

Confirmed.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

You don't receive any damage buffs without the augment. Instead of a base damage buff you once received on top of the augment. It used to offer a 2.0 multiplier without augment that was boosted by power strength along with the augment scaling off power strength. On a controller, what you suggested is like 30 seconds of work just to set up. That's on top of Cataclysm consistently getting smaller every second. So what got knocked over by Cataclysm can easily leave the rift if it's on the edge of the ability. Also Stasis doesn't work on non-rifted enemies. If you're in a group you have a 300 projectile limit amongst 4 people. Banish now only works on enemies of the same plane. You just perfectly demonstrated how much more difficult it has become to do something that was simple as Limbo 1.0

If you're in a group, and going high level, its as simple as either playing away from your team if they insist on using guns (Doesnt the master race do the same thing? avoids his team so their combat doesnt get him hit by stray bullets?), or simply typing into chat "hey guys, if you want enemies to stay frozen, please only use melee"

Also, its funny how people say things like "irradiating disarm made nyx irrelevant", but if anyone else brings up an augment that makes a frame leagues better, its all of a sudden too much. Too build specific. 

And if you think it takes that long to set up, you seriously havent tried it. You run around with 2 up anyway, and yeah the time it takes to cast 4 and 3, so those might eat up 3 seconds of your life, 1 is one handed, and recasting 2 is easy because the animation cancels into itself. 

Your response REALLY lets me know you've barely even played with limbo. If enemies are in cataclysm, banish works on them. It becomes a plain knockdown.  Plus you said that cataclysm knocks foes down? Come on dude its almost like you just wanted to have an opinion without even touching him. 

But F*** it. I'll wait til AGGP or tactical potato spoonfeeds you guys strats. Then you might get it. Then i can say i told you so. 

15 minutes ago, ChameleonBro said:

I never said it ain't true. It just has a lot more requerments to be better, mainly communication. And than you also have to consider having to walk in and out all the time to Be  able to Shoot enemies, with Limbo it's a lot more damgerous. Saying it id op is redicilously stupid.

It's not that you have figured him out better and faster than me, it's simply you not being able to see past the surfice,  just like looking only at what seems op on paper without doing it in practise.

I literally just said that the only thing i  do in this entire game is endurance runs on mot lol. I've gotten some practice in, and the S#&$ works. Believe me or dont. You dont shoot. You melee. If your team refuses to only melee as well, then just fight a couple dozen feet away from them and use your bubble for yourself. Either they play with you and are untouchable for as long as you can keep cataclysm up, or they dont and find another way to cc. 

4 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

But F*** it. I'll wait til AGGP or tactical potato spoonfeeds you guys strats. Then you might get it. Then i can say i told you so. 

As a Limbo main, I have no idea who those people are, and I agree with him. So please stop the petty insults on our intelligence.

6 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

His skill ceiling was always pretty high, tiny insult there.

Not really, it was an objective statement, your hangups interpreting it as an insult doesnt make it so.

And his ceiling did go up the requirements to be a good limbo have changed and in turn (with rift torrent mod) became more powerful as well as more demanding.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Not really, it was an objective statement, your hangups interpreting it as an insult doesnt make it so.

And his ceiling did go up the requirements to be a good limbo have changed and in turn (with rift torrent mod) became more powerful as well as more demanding.

I mean, technically? But everybody has always said "he's super complicated to use" and it makes me go wtf everytime because I play(ed) him no problem.

He really wasn't complicated to play tbh, as someone who plays niche complicated characters, hes pretty simplistic by comparison.

The hardest thing about Limbo was proper haven banishing.

Currently from what im playing on pc atm he has a - rotation - which ,sans Saryns 3 button cycle, is a first for this game.

11 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

As a Limbo main, I have no idea who those people are, and I agree with him. So please stop the petty insults on our intelligence.

Well i mean no offense by this, but you agreeing or being a "limbo main" doesnt mean much. Limbo is an entirely different frame now. You might have an affinity for him as a character, but he's not the same. Your past experience with him hardly matters in the context of how strong he is NOW

6 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

Well i mean no offense by this, but you agreeing or being a "limbo main" doesnt mean much. Limbo is an entirely different frame now. You might have an affinity for him as a character, but he's not the same. Your past experience with him hardly matters in the context of how strong he is NOW

It does, because before now we were the only group interested, Limbo is/was one of the most underplayed frames so our opinion matters quite a bit when you've got used to the flow of how he works, because if I was to come out with my true opinion on the rework, it sucks and was unnecessary. But DE have decided to rework it, and i'm going to get as much of my input in as possible on the frame which is frankly the only reason I still play the game.

Edited by Frenjo