The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

9 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

It does, because before now we were the only group interested, Limbo is/was one of the most underplayed frames so our opinion matters quite a bit when you've got used to the flow of how he works, because if I was to come out with my true opinion on the rework, it sucks and was unnecessary. But DE have decided to rework it, and i'm going to get as much of my input in as possible on the frame which is frankly the only reason I still play the game.

I understand that. But you're speaking subjectively, i'm speaking (mostly) objectively.  I know all about playing underused frames. I'm a damn banshee and hydroid main. But even if you dont LIKE the playstyle, it IS EFFECTIVE. It works. and its strong. I actually agree that he didnt need this whole rework. Personally i feel that all he needed was the aoe cone on his 1, and his 4 to stun and allow item pickups. 

But like you said, whats happened, happened, and its extremely broken if using only melee weapons. You're either invincible, or enemies walk into a place where they cant fight back, and you'll always have the energy to do what needs to be done. There are no other options. 

If a nullifier is literally the only counterplay, and they just recently nerfed those, mind you, a frame is incredibly strong. 

Edited by Buddhakingpen

4 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

But even if you dont LIKE the playstyle, it IS EFFECTIVE. It works. and its strong.

It's no stronger than before, however now you just have a different chance to get instakilled. Before you had casting time, now you have having to drop from the rift and banish for a few seconds.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Im hoping they dont nerf the nullifier vs rift dodge thing.

Its really nice.

It's super nice, I admit that and I love it. But if they are trying to make the frame not OP, they need to remove that and add multiplane banish back.

EDIT: or hell, actually... Give me an augment mod named "Multiplane Banish", i'll happily take that as long as I get credit for the name... (Don't hate, that last bit was sarcasm.)

Edited by Frenjo

1 minute ago, Buddhakingpen said:

I understand that. But you're speaking subjectively, i'm speaking (mostly) objectively.  I know all about playing underused frames. I'm a damn banshee and hydroid main. But even if you dont LIKE the playstyle, it IS EFFECTIVE. It works. and its strong. I actually agree that he didnt need this whole rework. Personally i feel that all he needed was the aoe cone on his 1, and his 4 to stun and allow item pickups. 

But like you said, whats happened, happened, and its extremely broken if using only melee weapons. You're either invincible, or enemies walk into a place where they cant fight back, and you'll always have the energy to do what needs to be done. There are no other options. 

Exiting Rift Walk to Banish enemies can get you killed. You may suggest never using Banish, but Cataclysm has a similar flaw. You are put back in the material plane upon exiting/deactivating Cataclysm, once again getting Limbos killed. Glaring holes in survivability like that make the rework feel incomplete. Also, needing the augment just to get more damage from his 3 is a pain and it can't compete with the buff plus the augment like before.

Id like multi plane banish back but id prefer to keep nulllifier immunity.

Im.not really having an issue with no multi plane banish considering how 4 and 3 function with his 1 and 2 creating localized banishing right into time stops.

Non multi plane banishing hurts helping allies and rescue targets...kind of but its offset by the plethora of bs he can pull now 

Just now, Frenjo said:

It's no stronger than before, however now you just have a different chance to get instakilled. Before you had casting time, now you have having to drop from the rift and banish for a few seconds.

I have never seen or heard of a useful old limbo that could go over an hour on mot without abusing naramon, or just being a protective battery for squishy power based frames like day form. If you have seen one, or ARE that magical unicorn, i'm mad i didnt witness it. 

CC is king once enemies hit over level 130.  Old limbo had none,  New limbo has it on 3 of his moves, with his 2 being probably one of the best cc skills in game atm. 

And once again, Banish is nothing but a knockdown. You use the 4 as an arena, and use 1 simply for its aoe knockdown.  Enemies will be frozen in place so you take no risk of retaliation. 

Literally his only weakness is that millisecond between the time you leave the cataclysm and dash again to re enter the rift. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Non multi plane banishing hurts helping allies and rescue targets...

Is all I can say, added to the fact when you banish a friendly, you banish those 3 bombards standing next to him as well.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

Exiting Rift Walk to Banish enemies can get you killed. You may suggest never using Banish, but Cataclysm has a similar flaw. You are put back in the material plane upon exiting/deactivating Cataclysm, once again getting Limbos killed. Glaring holes in survivability like that make the rework feel incomplete. Also, needing the augment just to get more damage from his 3 is a pain and it can't compete with the buff plus the augment like before.

Glaring holes in survivability? From the half second it takes to dash after leaving a cataclysm? Goddamn a half a second of NOT being completely invulnerable counts as a GLARING HOLE... wow... ppl werent lying about these forums lol

Just now, Buddhakingpen said:

Glaring holes in survivability? From the half second it takes to dash after leaving a cataclysm? Goddamn a half a second of NOT being completely invulnerable counts as a GLARING HOLE... wow... ppl werent lying about these forums lol

When you have ~600 modded hp you can get killed in less than half a second.

Just now, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

When you have ~600 modded hp you can get killed in less than half a second.

Well, if thats the case, whats the frame that can kill everyone and take no damage ever at any time? Dont say wukong, because eventually that loop runs out, you gotta recast it. 

Having moments of vulnerability isnt a glaring hole dude. Its a design choice so that people actually have to play the game.  It just so happens that limbo probably has the smallest window of vulnerability in the game, not counting a volt with his back to a wall. 

2 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

Having moments of vulnerability isnt a glaring hole dude. Its a design choice so that people actually have to play the game.  It just so happens that limbo probably has the smallest window of vulnerability in the game, not counting a volt with his back to a wall. 

A design choice so that people play the game would have been giving rift walk an energy cost/duration, other than that it's pure invincibility EVEN against NULLIFIERS, which are supposed to completely nullify warframe powers.

Edited by Frenjo

Just now, Frenjo said:

A design choice so that people play the game would have been giving rift walk an energy cost/duration, other than that it's pure invincibility EVEN against NULLIFIERS, which are supposed to completely nullify warframe powers.

Never once did i state that i felt limbo was well balanced. If i recall correctly, i came in the room said he was too powerful, and instantly got called a troll, which is where my minor snarkiness started. 

1 minute ago, Buddhakingpen said:

Never once did i state that i felt limbo was well balanced. If i recall correctly, i came in the room said he was too powerful, and instantly got called a troll, which is where my minor snarkiness started. 

No, but don't say that you need "nulifiers to be the only counterplay" when you look at ember world on fire instadeath to anything nearby where only a nullifier can stop it, or running out of energy which if you build her right is impossible.

2 minutes ago, Frenjo said:

No, but don't say that you need "nulifiers to be the only counterplay" when you look at ember world on fire instadeath to anything nearby where only a nullifier can stop it, or running out of energy which if you build her right is impossible.

They do. They can cancel cataclysm, force him out of his bubble, and there comes a time (mind you, i'll keep saying, i only do endurance runs on mot) when going into a bubble will get you killed, because to actually HIT the nully, you have to get out of the rift, and he'll have 10 other enemies in his bubble who can now hit the newly unrifted limbo. 

The only frames who nullifiers dont really interrupt their game flow is zephyr, mesa and hydroid. (thats an opinion, cant state that as fact)