Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm going to rant about the Tonkor nerf for a minute

(PSN)Santar0s

Its not about players quitting simply cause they nerf one weapon its the consistent of them doing it and the fact that there are very few weapons that are considered endgame to all high mastery long term players and that's what makes people upset me personally don't care they nerf the tonkor cause i got 5 forma in almost every stupid crap gun in the game.

So that said if warframe wants all there true veteran players to keep leaving the game then its fine by me because i already no its not the new players sticking around like us when DE finally figures out how to make everyone happy without nerfing stuff they will lose players simply cause we are all forced to use a very little amount of weapons at high levels and the fact that it is too easy for alot of us to run a 20 minute mission so we want the fast paced action packed 100 enemies at us at once and work as a team to survive that is fun for a lot of the players i know.

" And no we dont want to tickle a rank 145 bombard with 200 round soma clips that act like a BB gun while getting shot by 14 rockets every few seconds lol"

The daily grind of warframe is just a repetitive thing without endgame people find there entertainment elsewhere and that is plain and simple. And many of you think that all we want is over powered weapons well i can tell you right now even that tonkor couldn't handle a level 1000 but at least it did more damage then 99 percent of the guns in the game sure we can all one shot them with covert leathality but again that gets old so why hasn't that been nerfed i wonder.

I would be happy if they go back and buff some older weapons to compete at higher levels instead of the majority of warframe using the meta of the month im actually curious to see the galaxion in action again as it isnt that bad of a gun just ate ammo like you eat a kik kat bar.

Edited by (PS4)buddysball7

3 hours ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

its the consistent of them doing it

Consistent? The update 20 balance pass was the first decent balance pass to weapons in YEARS. There are barely any weapons that have received actual balancing after their release, I can't actually remember any other decent balance pass happening at all since Tethra's Doom (for weapons). Heck, the balance passes should be MORE consistent so that we can actually expect something to be nerfed when OP, rather than getting a nerf after 2 years and complaining because we had no reason to expect it.

there are very few weapons that are considered endgame to all high mastery long term players

That's completely wrong. Aside from the fact that there's a pretty decent pile of weapons that are considered endgame on their own, the Riven and Forma systems exist so that players can turn almost ANY gun into an endgame-capable beast, and based on the fact that most endgame players spend a lot of their time levelling up Forma'd gear, I'd imagine that many endgame players have a few guns that may not be Soma-tier on their own, but 6 Formas and a strong Riven have fixed.

So that said if warframe wants all there true veteran players to keep leaving the game then its fine by me

Can we, as a community, stop using the "DE do this or you're gonna lose players" argument? DE is definitely going to be on top of what makes players permanently leave the game, outside of the fact that people take long breaks from the game all the time, if there is a serious risk to their game from players leaving (as in more players leaving than just the ones that can't live without an OP Tonkor), then you can bet they'll do something about it. You don't need to be the last word in what will keep players around, and they probably have a much better idea of it than you anyway.

4 hours ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

it did more damage then 99 percent of the guns in the game

Yeah that's totally fine, as you say, "there are very few weapons that are considered endgame", but it's fine for there to be a gun that vastly outpaces all others, that's perfectly diverse and good.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:35 AM, Artorius-Alter said:

Because totally, always, without exception, a weapon no longer being unreasonably OP, automatically means it's now utterly useless.

Synoid gammacor would like to have a word with you...

(I'm not defending OP, I'm just pointing out that DE does have a track record of nostril-ravaging content from orbit sometimes)

Lol words cant describe what you said here all i can say is lmfao. Sure rivens made some guns better but endgame lol still not a help in that department but you think what you want.

6 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

That's completely wrong. Aside from the fact that there's a pretty decent pile of weapons that are considered endgame on their own, the Riven and Forma systems exist so that players can turn almost ANY gun into an endgame-capable beast, and based on the fact that most endgame players spend a lot of their time levelling up Forma'd gear, I'd imagine that many endgame players have a few guns that may not be Soma-tier on their own, but 6 Formas and a strong Riven have fixed.

Just now, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

Lol words cant describe what you said here all i can say is lmfao. Sure rivens made some guns better but endgame lol still not a help in that department but you think what you want.

Ok... If you aren't going to actually argue against my point and elect to just call it stupid, I'm gonna list all my weapons that hold up around level 100, which is the highest level of enemies that you need to fight to get unique rewards. Anything higher than that is just endurance stuff that you never need to actually do unless a special event is on.

Boltor Prime, Braton Prime, Burston Prime, Ferrox, Hek, Phage, Sancti Tigris, Soma Prime, Tigris Prime, Tonkor (yes still), Vaykor Hek, Vectis Prime, Vulkar Wraith, Zhuge, Aksomati, Aklex Prime, Brakk, Sicarus Prime, Telos Akbolto, Vaykor Marelok, Atterax, Broken War, Bo Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Fragor Prime, Galatine Prime, Hirudo, Jat Kittag, Mios, Nikana Prime, Orthos Prime, Ripkas, Scindo Prime, Shaku, War. 

None of those weapons have more than 4 Forma, and only about 2 actually have Rivens on them. All of them can keep me going in a Sortie 3, whether through oneshotting, status, stunlocking or just AoE over time. I don't keep all the weapons I craft, so there's plenty of others that I don't have that are viable (eg Dragon Nikana, Tigris, Soma, Akstiletto Prime, Marelok, Sonicor and more). That's plenty, and if we assume that a Riven can be good enough to boost a gun's effectiveness from high-midgame to endgame, then there's plenty more. 

Can I get an actual argument from you next time? If you're just gonna say "that's dumb" then that's your opinion, but that doesn't really count as proving me wrong.

LoL this is my point bro many people consider level 100 boring and good for you put those formas in. Been there done that and its not the point i am trying to make.

If you call it endurance whatever people consider that fun and a challenge but for real if you consider level 100 endgame still got no words for you well i do but will keep them to myself its fine you got your opinion on what you think endgame is but a lot of others including myself have a whole different idea then you.

level 100 is no challenge for a squad of 4 so endgame or endurance whatever you want to call it makes it challenging and fun and takes teamwork you might want to try it sometime.

SORTIE is not endgame bro can solo it so boring....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And on a curious note there Yunojump when did you start playing this game around what event if you would tell me.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

SORTIE is not endgame bro can solo it

Sorties are the highest level missions that are USEFUL to run; endurance stuff is fun but most people don't care for them, as they can't be bothered playing the exact same mission for an hour for no special rewards other than a sense of achievement.

Endurance runs are by principle a long way away from normal balancing. You can never have weapons that are balanced for getting far in Endurance without being overpowered in the normal game aka the game that the majority of players focus on, and because Endurance runs are very much a niche activity, we never really SHOULD balance for them. Also, endurance is based on getting as far as possible; we can't consider endurance runs to be something to balance around, because all that happens there is an endurance team can go 20 minutes longer before reaching the same power cap that currently exists.

I'll also add that you've sort of missed the point on why the Tonkor was really nerfed: it was a low-skill high-reward weapon, when other weapons that require more skill (ie actual aiming) didn't perform as well. On top of that, the only reason the Tonkor didn't originally deal self-damage was a completely obsolete feature. 

(btw I'm using the term "endurance" because when Operations etc have a high-level challenge mission at the end, the game marks them as "endurance" missions.)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)buddysball7 said:

when did you start playing

Began playing for a little bit around Oberon's release, then came back during Tethra's Doom and have been playing fairly frequently ever since.

And i guess you missed the point of i could care less they nerf the tonkor its still not the point im trying to make here. I guess that's where me and you are different in this game and a lot of people i know in warframe feel the same way.

And its simple make some weapons that are for your so called endurance i call it endgame cause with good team work it can be endless. And it is DE fault for making these guns so easy to get at a low mastery level because there is no reason to get mastery cause if all you get is a extra trade and few more syndicate points not really a good reason to get mastery rank at least in my opinion if they want to stop the meta make the meta higher mastery and make people work for it no reason for them to cry about something if they don't deserve it and again its my opinion.

At the end of all this no matter what i say it still will be the same cause the majority wins in any online game you play.