Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Octavia??

Trickst3rGawd

Question

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Why is it that I have to tbag twent plus times to become invisible?? Does it have to do with the song, if so does anyone have good combat songs they could spare?

It has to do with the amount of notes in that portion of the mandichord. If you put only 1 note in, it will take 1 crouch to become invisible. If you put 16, it will take 16.

Edited by nickl3188

1 minute ago, nickl3188 said:

It has to do with the amount of notes in that portion of the mandichord. If you put only 1 note in, it will take 1 crouch to become invisible. If you put 16, it will take 16.

that's not quite accurate, the max that a single crouch can give you is 75% so you need 2 minimum. and my melody is 16 beats in a row but i only need 6 or 7 crouches to trigger invis i'm not sure on the exact percentage.

1 hour ago, Wrum said:

that's not quite accurate, the max that a single crouch can give you is 75% so you need 2 minimum. and my melody is 16 beats in a row but i only need 6 or 7 crouches to trigger invis i'm not sure on the exact percentage.

its still based off the notes you have in the mandichord is my point. less notes makes it so it takes less (insert action for buff here) to get the buff. while i think being able to spam crouch is easier and other actions is easier, i also have a mouse that lets me program macros on it to make it easy, i can see why having to crouch a lot would get annoying.

3 minutes ago, nickl3188 said:

its still based off the notes you have in the mandichord is my point. less notes makes it so it takes less (insert action for buff here) to get the buff. while i think being able to spam crouch is easier and other actions is easier, i also have a mouse that lets me program macros on it to make it easy, i can see why having to crouch a lot would get annoying.

so you can just program your crouch timing in to your mouse?

You have to perform an action (crouch for invisibility) when the ring touches you.

The amount of rings depend on the notes you put in the melody.

Each action grants a certain % of a buff, and once it reaches 100%, the buff is granted to you. You get more % if there are more notes on the same column in the melody.

1 hour ago, Wrum said:

so you can just program your crouch timing in to your mouse?

yep, razer synapse lets you program macros, so i just program it to spam ctrl 7 or 8 times when i press 1 on my mouse. It also helps when you take a whip and maiming strike to just set it to spin attack and not wear out your keyboard or kill your hands

Edited by nickl3188

20 minutes ago, Insizer said:

What is your melody?  Is it just 1 note across the entire thing?  I have mine where it has 2-3 notes well timed point in the song. it only takes me 3 squats to go invis

Mind sharing you melody? I had a full song made ahah with a whole bunch of notes

3 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Mind sharing you melody? I had a full song made ahah with a whole bunch of notes

The one I've been using is "VS- The Expanse" which I took from @VeNoMsEnSe when he posted it in region chat (he/she also had some other good ones imo).  I don't have an account on an image hosting site, and frankly I don't feel like setting one up just for a post, no offense.  But I can tell you that the key to it is that the first column of each quarter section of the disc's quadrant (I guess each 1/16th) has 2 or 3 melody notes in it.  There are other melody notes thrown in there, but there is always 2-3 ones at the beginning of each 1/16th section.  They appear brighter that the other notes and are the ones you aim for.  This makes timing very easy and predictable.  Plus for me it is at almost the perfect pace for me to toggle slide (for some reason it is easier for me to time slides than squats), untoggle, toggle slide again, allowing me to go invis after sliding 3 times.  Other tunes that might help are simple ones from songs everyone knows like "Another One Bites the Dust", "Smoke on the Water", "Seven Nation Army", or "What is Love?"  Other than that, just keep an eye on region chat.  People sometimes throw gems out there, especially when you ask nicely.  Youtube is also a great source, as is Reddit (I've been told there is a subreddit made for Mandachord tunes).