Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sarpa with Bullet Dance not firing in bursts [Fixed]

Ventura_Highway

Poor Sarpa. This is the second time it has happened to it. 

Anyways, to the point. On a charge attack, the Sarpa fires one single bullet instead of the intended 5 burst.

On all combos involving gunfire, the Sarpa fires one single bullet.

A single bullet. Not even 5 on occasion. Just one.

Each charge attack previously fired two bursts on the charge attack, each firing 5 pellets, adding up to 10 pellets per charge attack. The combo counter added up to reflect this previously. Now, it only fires one shot. Combo counter now only goes up by one as well. Also, the sound has changed to have only one, very weak sounding, gunshot.

I thought this was a bug as Ctrl-Fing Sarpa through the U20 changelog didn't produce any finds, and I made a thread about it on bugs.

I don't think its intentional but I use that thing to pop nullifier bubbles as Ivara and it doesn't do that job too well right now, so I'd like to see this fixed.

There was a bug with the Miter, if memory serves, that made it shoot three shots, some time ago. I think it had something to do with the Angstrum being released.

I wonder if this is a similar issue.

I mainly use sarpa for enjoyment and dealing with nullifier bubble, but recently I notice that it could not two shot nullifier bubble like before, so I went in the simulacrum and did some testing. As a result, I found out that the sarpa, no matter what you to, only shoot one bullet, either charged or not charged, I have no idea what caused this bugs, but it is unlikely to be an intentional nerf to the sarpa, since it is often rated inferior to the redeemer (I like the fashion of sarpa so I use it over the redeemer)

Please comment if similar or same situation is happening to you guys, and hope this can be fixed in the next hotfix

Here are some images of my testing

Preparing:

6DtSXOR.jpg

Pressed melee button once:

WE9cXXX.jpg

Only one mark is on the wall (one pellet):

zAt7KdI.jpg

Instead with a charge shot ( the first pellet from bullet dance, and a second one from the charge, since charged shot fire the gun twice, there is two mark):

6hkeJIN.jpg

But normally the sarpa should leave 3 marks on the wall, while 8 marks with charged shot (3 from bullet dance and 5 from the charge). This makes the sarpa almost unusable right now, and it annoys me very, very much.

Not sure how many gunblade fans are out there but ever since the release of Octavia the sapra seems like it not fireing on all cylinders, while i am a bigger fan of the redeemer still than i am of the sarpa it just feels like somehow with the latest additions that the sapra itself is not performing like it should, not sure if its just me but it does not seem like its shooting a full burst anymore when i try its charge not on the rare occasion that i actually get away from not having the redeemer on me.

anyone else with the sarpa notice this issue yet with this melee yet or has it not really been noticed yet by DE, lack of accuracy in the charge shot since release aside, i really think that the sarpa seems to have gotten bugged somehow, going to drop an opinion here being a redeemer fan, even when it came out it seemed like the redeemer still outshined the sarpa but since octavia was released it feels like the sarpa has dropped even further away from being able to compete with redeemer.

There was this one youtuber that made a video on the Sarpa and showed how its better than the redeemer. Mostly effective at taking down nullys. Still think redeemer is better simply because its a shotgun. Only problem with the gunblades myself is I wish they auto locked on enemies when you fire it within a combo. 

I believe they altered how damage was split/calculated among the pellets, ending up reducing the charged shot damage. Redeemer is very much reduced in strength just like you described the Sarpa. It still works at face-tank range but much beyond that its more hit-or-miss for taking down a target like it did before.

i am not seeing a big drop in damage output in my redeemer its still eating up everything i point it at, but i am seeing my redeemder performing alot better than the sarpa still, cause i use to use 2 charged shots and see the nully shields get eaten up like any other burst weapon would do but i just did a void map and had to use the charge shot multiple times to drop the shield, the damage per shot it does is still high but the lack of its burst shots it was made to do and the abysmal accuracy it charge has, which may have gotten worse not easy to tell im seeing my redeemer performing much better still, when it hits it can rival or surpass redeemer in some areas but right now its lacking a actually burst fire from what i just witnessed in the void and from the get go its lacking in spread unless the goal is to put the bullet somehwere in the area of the side of a grineer ship from outside in space.  

im starting to wonder if the issues i see are due to the sarpas horrible spread, since it still manages high damage but its hard to tell if it works when im trying to compare it to the redeemer at a range when i know the redeemer will hit and the sarpa, well.....is more likely to miss the borad side of a barn before i can figure out if the burst fire is broken or its spread is really that bad.

Edited by Daskrieg
range testing (nully shield popping test)

First and the biggest bug is that its only firing one round, instead of the Burst round its supposed to do. Can be easily seen most in combat and one can even fire it at the wall to see that its only firing one bullet by the bullet hole it leaves in the environment. 

The second bug is that charge atks play the default fire noise instead of the charge fire noise.

Plz fix these as both are annoying but the first makes the weapon almost unusable with no stance or bullet dance equiped as the dmg is split between the bullets however with only one bullet shot that means its doing 1/2rd the dmg is supposed to. It also means there is less accuracy as with 2 bullets there is more of a chance to hit the target then before, so again, you loose 2/5rds the accuracy as well.

EDIT:

Also supposed to do multiple shots beyond the two shots as it supposed to do at least two shots not counting combo and charged shots, so generally its losing way more then half its dmg and accuracy.

Edited by KubrowTamer

Hi guys, 

So after the Octavia's Anthem update I noticed that the Sarpa only shoots one bullet now (stance combo and charged shot both shoot 1 pellet)- it used to shoot a burst of 5 pellets. I keep checking to see if they fixed this issue every patch but it seems like the weapon has just been forgotten.

Here's a screenshot of me firing the charged shot: 

And as you can see there's only one bullet hole left in the wall: 

Also here are a couple pictures of me testing this on an Ancient Healer: http://imgur.com/a/yel25

http://imgur.com/a/5K8An

Due to how inaccurate the Sarpa is, you'll be missing shots more than half the time. It feels like I'm shooting blanks and it bugs me to no end! I really hope this gets noticed by the developers soon because this was a really awesome weapon and I'd hate it if the Sarpa becomes another forgotten weapon like the Spectra. Please keep this thread up so that DE might notice and fix this soon! Thank you!

Edited by GrumboJumbo