Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4668 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

12 hours ago, Pendant said:

Gosh I hope you're still doing these!  I've been trying to convert 'On Parade' from the old game Ristar and.. well, minimal luck.  The song in question's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eGcIRLdLEY - Ristar 'On Parade' (Sonata/Neuos, Round 4-2)

Honestly to me it sounds really fitting for the Mandachord but, well, total newbie here.

If it helps at all, I found this .. okay online music sequencer entry for it: https://onlinesequencer.net/266820 which might be useful?  Sorry if it's not!  .. Or if the fact I've found this and still can't make the conversion to Mandachord says depressing things about my own skill level.

It works.

On Parade (Ristar The Shooting Star, Round 4-2): Mandachord (Original)

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

It works.

On Parade (Ristar The Shooting Star, Round 4-2): Mandachord (Original)

Aw yay that's perfect; thank you so much!  Gosh how you managed to pick that percussion out..

(Baah sorry this is Pendant. I accidentally replied with the account I made to replay the tutorial >.>)

Edited by Descren
Dumb mistake

Gotta call it a night after 17 of these.  Everyone came out of the frickin woodwork in the last two days.

Meltdown/炉心融解 (Kagamine Rin/鏡音リン, Project DIVA Dreamy theater): Mandachord (Original)

Always (Erasure): Mandachord (Original)

Spotlight (Marshmello, Lil Peep): Mandachord (Original)

I Want You (Demon Sisters theme, Panty & Stocking): Mandachord (Original)

Karate (Babymetal): Mandachord (Original)

Killer Instinct theme song: Mandachord (Original)

Shadowlord (Nier (Gestalt)): Mandachord (Original)

11 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Okay, so I've turned this down a number of times over the last year.  However, after seeing this week's Prime Time, apparently nobody but me can tell how the stupid Lost Woods song actually goes.

So here's something, the most accurate possible melody:

Saria's Song (Zelda Ocarina of Time): Mandachord (Original)

For my own satisfaction I have to explain how wrong it is.  Here's how Saria's Song actually goes.  It's basically in C, but I'm using the E Minor pentatonic.  Notes I can do are marked in green, notes I can't do are in red:

wRrSf3S.png

I can do 70% of the melody accurately, but that excludes the very first note and its repetitions.  As for the bass, I'm completely screwed; I'm missing the tonic on both chords.  This is usually the kind of analysis that makes me say "No".  But I'm slowly learning that with wrong notes that make me cringe, other people can't hear a difference at all.

Haha sorry for the headache. Thank you for the great mandchord nonetheless, hopefully this takes guys back to the n64 days when they hear it in game

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Buff00n:

Only one of those is even borderline, and it's still not that close.  I hope this is what you meant by "chorus":

Verrückt (Eisbrecher): Mandachord (Original)

I quite dig it, thank you so much! I'll have to think of something that fits your needs better. I tried figuring it out from your OP but I'm admittedly still kinda lost what type of songs tend to give you the best results. Got a few quick tips for a dumbo like me so I can hopefully request more suitable material?

15 minutes ago, Perrydotto said:

I quite dig it, thank you so much! I'll have to think of something that fits your needs better. I tried figuring it out from your OP but I'm admittedly still kinda lost what type of songs tend to give you the best results. Got a few quick tips for a dumbo like me so I can hopefully request more suitable material?

Hmm.   Well, your other two requests are good examples of problems I see a lot.

This one has a nice strong melody, and it even sticks to the pentatonic scale for the most part.  Unfortunately, it has a very wide range.  The lowest note is a G in bar 2, and the highest note is a B more than an octave higher in Bar 3.  For it to work on a Mandachord I would need an extra low note and two extra high notes.  The low note I could probably weasel out of, but the high notes are a problem since they're such a distinctive part of the melody.

This one does not have a strong melody at all.  It's all bass, percussion, and atmosphere.  The less melody there is to work with the closer you have to make the actual sound match, which almost never works out with the Mandachord's limited instrument sets.

Hello, Tenno Buff00n! If you could take a listen to this:

I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what pros and cons you see for converting 0:19-1:00 to mandachord would be. I realize this one's probably not going to be popular, but it pops up in videos from time to time and I just dig the Daft Punk Random Access Memories vibe it's got going on.