Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The lack of universal vacuum is killing variety.

TykitheFreak

On 14.4.2017 at 7:01 AM, TykitheFreak said:

i type into trade chat "can i put vacuum on kavats?" which is ignored

Really? Do you even know what trading is for? How should someone take you serious? 

And giving every companion the same ability ( e.g. Vacuum ) is promoting diversity?

Edited by Kuestenjung

1 hour ago, Coldie93 said:

If you can put vacuum in kubrow and kavats. I think that would kill the sentinels.

I doubt that vacuum is enough to deter people from using the ammo case or detect vulnerability.

I want a suction function on warfames (i do not care at all how that's accomplished) that's around 1-3 meters. This way if something falls in cracks it can be extracted by being close enough. I've lost too many things in the geometry, and I've even lost stalker drops more than once due to not having a vacuum pet to fish out the items.

Edited by LazyKnight

On 4/13/2017 at 11:00 PM, JSharpie said:

I died more times trying to kill Thaym without cheese than I did killing the Lord of Cinder or Gwyn.

I fully agree with your stance on vacuum but this comment seems a stretch. Thaym is pretty easy to kill without cheese. I could see the first few times you try killing her going down during the strikes while learning how they work and the pattern you need to go in. I hope you're exaggerating to make a point here.

On 4/15/2017 at 8:53 AM, Kuestenjung said:

Really? Do you even know what trading is for? How should someone take you serious? 

And giving every companion the same ability ( e.g. Vacuum ) is promoting diversity?

Meant to say region chat, thanks for alerting me on that one. As for giving every companion vacuum promoting diversity, it levels the playing field. If every companion had vacuum then i could pick a kitty to increase drop chances with charm, increase crits to always have some lols with nukor, and sentinels would be more about "well do i want what this specific sentinel gives me over something else?" rather than "oh this sentinel gives me over shields along with carrying vacuum? EVEN LESS reason to use kitties"

No, it's not. You projecting your need to always collect every single resource in the game, regardless of whether or not you need them. There is absolutely no logical reason to concede even more to the part of the playerbase who can't seem to deal with their OCD. Not having the slight convenience of AoE looting is an acceptable drawback to be used to balance out the utility of companions, just as self damage for explosive AoE is an acceptable drawback for their ability to apply high amounts of damage across an area. Universal vacuum isn't needed. In fact, not even sentinel wide vacuum was.

On 14.4.2017. at 7:19 AM, JSharpie said:

promotes laziness, makes it a mandatory mod, encourages people to AFK with easy macros to make them move.

honestly, shoulda just increased the warframe pickup range slightly and removed vacuum entirely, allowing carrier to keep his new ability.

In my opinion gameplay without Vacuum would look like 4 chickens rununing aground picking up stuff and melee everything because they run out of ammo and energy.

On 4/15/2017 at 0:25 PM, LazyKnight said:

I doubt that vacuum is enough to deter people from using the ammo case or detect vulnerability.

I want a suction function on warfames (i do not care at all how that's accomplished) that's around 1-3 meters. This way if something falls in cracks it can be extracted by being close enough. I've lost too many things in the geometry, and I've even lost stalker drops more than once due to not having a vacuum pet to fish out the items.

Those would be weapon specific, rarely do you ever run out of ammo that can't be solved through restores.

If companions had sentinel range vacuum i would never touch carrier unless i'm with an ammo hungry weapon. Kubrows and Kavats are far more reliable support pets than sentinels, providing stronger buffs and can be revived. I want companions to have some form of vacuum but at a reduced rate so that sentinels are still viable.