Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is getting kavat genetic codes so hard? :(

Slayer116

Question

I think I made a topic like this once complaining about obtaining the genetic codes from kavats yes before you say I already know all the tricks and tips but they don't seem like enough to get me through to get the kavat I want so I came here to talk about how annoying the process is compared to other pets and the availability first things first I have scanned NINE HUNDRED and ONE kavats  I would like to apologize if anyone has any higher than that. Getting the codes sound simple enough until you go for it you need a frame that can stop them long enough to keep them still so if you don't have one you wont get anywhere then you notice that the more players the more kavats but not many are looking for them either because it is 2 difficult or they already have their pets or of course doing other stuff. now if you only went for a smeeta let me tell ya you got the easy version if you are one after an adarza REST IN PEACE. the chance of getting an adarza is just a little above double the chance of stalker spawning okay now yeah theres the hard version obviously people might say run with a hammer that scans when you kill guys the problem with that is not only do you have a 1 out of 20 chance of getting a single code from one kavat but if you go in a squad of people that are looking for said kavats hammers wont work very well and as I said earlier the more players the more kavats. take a look at the kubrow for example you can go and get a egg just about every 2 missions ran on earth now this is easy okay and you look at helminth chargers you gotta wear a ugly thing for about a week or two and then get a kubrow egg and drain it into the egg now that there is still very easy. What I want is some kind of change either by making them spawn a lot more better chances of codes make them spawn continuously after mission is complete or even put 10 codes for a sortie reward I know I'd rather take that over the ayatan statue any day  there are many ways to obtain endo even maybe make the alerts appear a lot more often or make them bigger bunches of codes from the normal (5) now what would be really nice is if you just made it so we can choose how they look once we have scanned enough of them I don't know I just feel like the most grinding part of this game is for a pet and that seems rather strange and annoying anyone else agree please comment below see if we can get DE to relook at it I just feel we need something its ridiculous scanning these things even when I use limbos stasis to freeze them and scan them It is hard to continue scanning them like this. 

22 answers to this question

big block of text but I think I get the general gist of the post...

Answer = RNG

I somehow doubt that you have scanned 900 kavats in the derlict and got enough dna for just 1 kavat, even prior to the adjustments it wasn't 'that' bad.  Sounds like the rng isn't giving you adarza so why not just try and get an adarza imprint set and do it that way.

And based on my own experience adarza is actually far more common than smeeta, iirc I've had about 6 adarza and 2 smeeta, my first two being one of each with the rest just me trying to get different looks even though I was happy with the first two I got. 

If you're struggling with getting dna, just take rhino, walk around with scanner (cephalon simaris one with double scan mod) active and then long duration stomp (4) to make scanning easier.   I was getting 1-2 scans most goes doing scans solo last time I did it, now I'm just stockpiling alerts.

Edited by LSG501

I have gotten 3 times the amount of smeeta's then adarza's sorry for the big block of text and bad grammar I really didn't even want to try from what it sounds like the chances of something being done about it are low and yes I did scan 901 kavats atq52e.jpg

15 % chance for code on scan on kavat (runs with 4 players gets only 0-1 codes per run) why does it have to be so freaking hard? scanned 901+ kavats I don't even wanna farm anymore because the chances are so low/bad how do you feel about this?  

lol stuck on 5 dna since kavats were introduced for months and still I am stuck on 9 dna now for 2 weeks so I have stopped as kavats wont be a part of the game ill experience RNG totally killed this game a long time ago.

there are alerts... and it is A LOT easier to get codes now, it just takes time in derelict, you grab the alerts (I've got most of my 28 dna from recent alerts) or you could just buy them with plat (trade if you want it all for free) if you're in that much of a rush....

I don't know what the actual % is, just that it equates to "not bloody likely" and so
 I highly recommend watching for and trying to do the Alerts that award 5 Kavat genetics anytime you're able to.

I really don't get the terrible scan rate otherwise.

It's not like it's made the Derelict a hot spot of activity More ranting could be done about the whole process
but at this point, it seems the best we're going to get is the Alerts. 

/sigh/

for a while, when I was trying to farm them, I tried doing it with a Vauban and use Bastille to hole them still, while I scanned them, but Vauban was too squishy a frame and I found I end up with a mission fail because I used up all my respawns.

then I did the runs with a Rhino, used stomp when one was in range and scanned it while it was in the air.

but the best way I found was to equip yourself with a Heliocor and just start hammering those pussy.

now if you can stealth and catch one of guard, you can get a scan, as they move pretty slow when not on alert.

also best to use the Synthesis Scanner with the Vector-Thread Widget, as it will reduce the scan time  

Like my advice to similar threads.. Do vault runs.. Scan the kavats whenever you see them.  If at the end you didnt get 10 genes,  sell the vault mods you got.  Then buy the genes at 5p each in the market with thr plat you got.

Thats what I did and I now got both breeds.  Do what I did, make your life a lot less salty

Edited by Coldie93

Kavats are supposed to be pets for high level missions, while kubrows are better at low level (unless it's a huras, then it's useful in any mission). The only problem with kavats is that you can't farm them alone, the spawn rate is higher with a full squad and you need Vauban or Ivara to keep them still.

So yes, it's easier for those who can spend a few platinums in dna codes. But it's hard to get them back, since people prefer to spend platinums in rivens than cats.

Kavats are a luxury.

Edited by wolfsongcry