Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Objectively how good are the nikanas?

W01fe

Question

13 answers to this question

If you build it for crit and Slash procs, it can scale extremely well. Mine scales into hours of endless missions when I run those for kicks. Honestly, slapping a Drifting Contact in place of Body Count and a Weeping Wounds is more than enough to help it slash proc all the time as long as you keep killing with it.

(Objectively, they're not on par with the actual best melees, but they ARE still very effective)

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

Well, from what I've heard, nikanas deal very nice damage. Personally? I hate the feel of the nikana stances. But from a raw damage point of view, I believe any melee with at least 20% crit chance CAN be viable end-game. Also, if you plan on using finishers, you can use just about anything tbh.

Nikana Prime is basically a Galatine Prime that gives up some damage and reach for better mobility (if you use Decisive Judgment, the basic nikana combo won't even slow your running speed). It's perfectly viable.

Edited by Jabarto

33 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

Well, from what I've heard, nikanas deal very nice damage. Personally? I hate the feel of the nikana stances. But from a raw damage point of view, I believe any melee with at least 20% crit chance slash based damage CAN be viable end-game. Also, if you plan on using finishers, you can use just about anything tbh.

FTFY.

There are exceptions though (Dual Ichor for example).

The Nikanas are maybe the only weapons where a), I care what the difference stance mods do, and b), feel that which stance you use is really a matter of preference. They emphasize different things and I wish other weapons' stances were as varied and balanced.

Sadly, you're not really gonna get an objective response because everyone has a particular feeling about the subject. You just might get a slightly less biased answer lol.

Which in my opinion, they are neutral: Not too good, not too bad. There are many heavy blade style weapons that out perform them simply because of range/damage/cc.

And other single target weapons have interesting stats, mods, or combinations (Covert Lethality for example) that carry them onward. 

If for solo, stealth multipliers w/ naramon make anything good sooooo they hold up for a while until late heavy armor territory where health numbers make no sense.

If for group, I personally prefer other options.