The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyway to to make Tennogen purchasable with plat

ShadowStalker

it must have crossed your mind at some point when you have some extra platinum you see there are some really good tennogen items but you cant get them for financial reasons well this is the case for me atleast i really like Excalibur Apex skin but i cant get it but i have lots of plats from trade that i wish could be used to getting it but when i asked a few people they said it cant happen cause of steam? someone willing to explain me this and if in the future DE could somehow make it plat purchable like -i purchase the Excalibur apex skin for 1000p that 1000p could go to the warframe account of the person i think its player made hence the name tennogen?

Doubtful. It's easier to split the profits between the designer and DE if it's in straight money instead of platinum. Especially since platinum only works as a currency if the designer still plays the game, whereas money will always be good, even if they stop playing.

EDIT: to note, I don't actually know if they split the profits, that just seems like something they'd do.

Edited by Darkfeather21

The reason behind all this is that Steam generated content (workshop products) are to be purchased through Steam itself for the correct transfers of currencies to take place to the right persons. 

Also it is a complicated thing to pay the creators and DE probably doesn't have the logistics to do so on their own, therefore they let steam do so but are then forced into Steams inner workings which do not and can't use platinum as a a currency. 

Console gets tennogens which its creator agreed to (knowing that console can't pay up with real money). If we can pay like pc then i'm sure they'd take that rpute since it's easier to share the profit.

I mean, i part of me personaly want pc to also get tennogen with plat so it's fair, but another part says that shouldn't happen