Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract problem?

Z3GR4M

So I have been away from the game for some time, recently came back and realized there is kind of a big problem with Nitain Extract... basically I have every weapon/frame/item whatever in the game, the only things left for me to make and have fun with are things that require Nitain Extract.  Thing is tho its an alert based component that I cant get any other way aside from doing alerts, so I'm stuck doing nothing because I simply cant get it any other way.  I simply don't have the same amount of time I use to have, I cant hit those time frames when I'm able to play so that I can grab one.  So I'm just stuck, unable to progress, as basically every item I have left to make requires this resource and I need like 30+ of them.

Why is Nitain Extract not in the platinum store?

I think the consensus is that it's designed to create an artificial progress gate on getting a few specific items. I have no idea why those particular things needed to be progress-gated like that, but that's the way it is.

In other words, if you could just buy Nitain in the store, it would be easy to build the thing you want to use, and thus you would have way too much fun entirely too soon (and you would enjoy things before DE decided you deserved to enjoy them). 

Thus, Calvinism. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

Just makes no sense, at this point I just cant do nothing without niatan...  I can straight out buy the things with plat instead of niatan I guess.  Still tho, why not let me buy niatan if you are going to let me buy whatever weapon/item regardless.

2 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

Just makes no sense, at this point I just cant do nothing without niatan...  I can straight out buy the things with plat instead of niatan I guess.  Still tho, why not let me buy niatan if you are going to let me buy whatever weapon/item regardless.

there is a lot you can do without nitain and DE wins the battle of the grind thanks to impatient people, don't waste plat in something you can get over time even if it takes quite a while, if you rush everything when you get to the end you'll see there is little to enjoy left. Enjoy the game and take it at a normal pace

You're not at war with DE. They provide a game, you give them money if you wish.

If you're comfortable buying the thing, just buy it. That's how I approach the game -- if it seems reasonable enough to grind out the resources or blueprints, then I grind. If there's a better use of my time, I buy. This is why I bought Ivara, Mesa, and Chroma. It's why if I ever decide I want him, I'm just going to buy Nidus. In fact, it's why I would have bought Vauban Prime, if I'd been playing the game when he was available as a Prime package.

No sense doing something that's actively unpleasant now to have fun later, when money can solve the problem. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

I buy stuff all the time, thats not the point, in matter of fact I'll buy nitain too, again not a problem.  The thing is they wont let me, not directly, thats super weird. 

45 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

there is a lot you can do without nitain and DE wins the battle of the grind thanks to impatient people, don't waste plat in something you can get over time even if it takes quite a while, if you rush everything when you get to the end you'll see there is little to enjoy left. Enjoy the game and take it at a normal pace

I been here since the beginning, its not a patience thing, its not a plat cash issue, its a matter of them simply not having nitain available in any real form aside form a small window here and there during alerts.  I simply cant do them if I'm at work or with family or whatever, there is no alternative, aside from some rare chest drop in sabotage i guess.  I mean I literally have everything in the game, the stuff that is left is nitain gated stuff.

The main problem with Nitain is that the gaps between alerts have been significantly increased. Before, it was said that there would be at least 4 alerts per day- and, IIRC, it was so at Nitain Extract's launch: it was relatively easy to come by, trusty Alerts Informer's notifications popping up left and right so often that it ws an annoyance. Curretly, according to WarframeAlerts Twitter page, we get Nitain Extract alerts every 4 hours. That's 6 alerts per 24 hours, each lasting for about an hour. If you don't have constant access to Warframe whenever the need arises (like the majority of the playerbase), you can get about 2 a day. If you do not constantly follow Twitter or Deathsnacks, then you'll most likely get one in a couple of days. 
Currently, Nitain is a sure time-gate. Caches? - >1% chance at the third? You either play every 4 hours, or you'll be screeching at those requirements, many new weapos requiring ~5 Nitain and helmets at least 2. 

11 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

So I have been away from the game for some time, recently came back and realized there is kind of a big problem with Nitain Extract... basically I have every weapon/frame/item whatever in the game, the only things left for me to make and have fun with are things that require Nitain Extract.  Thing is tho its an alert based component that I cant get any other way aside from doing alerts, so I'm stuck doing nothing because I simply cant get it any other way.  I simply don't have the same amount of time I use to have, I cant hit those time frames when I'm able to play so that I can grab one.  So I'm just stuck, unable to progress, as basically every item I have left to make requires this resource and I need like 30+ of them.

Why is Nitain Extract not in the platinum store?

I say we have a rebellion against DE. And completely remove the nitain resource! 

Nah lol jk.

I guess my point is that so I'm at an impasse...  I have to do 1 nitain a day I guess 30-40 days to get enough to build a couple of mastery fodder weapons I need.  

Its cool that you guys have a bunch time to play and hit up a couple a day, I simply dont, now it seems lame that I'm going to fork over a couple thousand plat just because a time gated resource that I simply cant get realistically as I cant get on during those times to play.

The thing that bugs me further is that I have like everything else for basically every item I need to make in the in the hundreds or thousands of digits but niatain is just time gated locked.  They are basically frustrating me into forking over plat, I guess I'm just not used to that from Warframe as they tend to be super fair, but with niatain theres no alternative ways to get it, thats pretty lame if you ask me.

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I think the consensus is that it's designed to create an artificial progress gate on getting a few specific items.

Yep. So people who can't wait buy; or at the least rush... 

It's frustrating cause it's designed to be frustrating. Its fair, because you can just wait... If you can't wait, buy.