Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fight Macro Spamming

(PSN)Crixus044

1) Why does DE not fight spin macros?Because they approve its use as long as you are still the one playing the game.The cheat detection system originally used to ban it,but it was changed not to do so,because DE understands that giving a RSI to their players is bad.

2) "these people make missions boring for their team" Oh,sorry did you mean speed up boring missions?Because that's what slide macros do.If a mission is fast-paced enough noone will stop to spam slide macros.I would rather take 3 slide spamming teammates to speed up defense sorties,so I can go do something that's actually fun instead of doing that one mission for half an hour.That's the exact reason why I don't understand people like LifeOfRio who wants the game's meta to go to you having to sit in a single mission for 7 hours.

1 hour ago, screamerpixel said:

If a mission is fast-paced enough noone will stop to spam slide macros.

More like you won't do anything else but spam slide attacks. But hey, if playing the game is unberable for you maybe you should quit or play some nice cookie clicker?

1 hour ago, Helljack84 said:

More like you won't do anything else but spam slide attacks. But hey, if playing the game is unberable for you maybe you should quit or play some nice cookie clicker?

Lol no,I generally run&gun with tigris&lex/akstilettos and for melee I use nikana,heavy blades or a dagger.I use atterax in 2 cases:when I know that a pug probably isn't gonna be able to handle the mission (index,JV) and in case I know a mission is gonna bore me to death.These mission types include:defense,interception and survival.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:01 AM, screamerpixel said:

1) Why does DE not fight spin macros?Because they approve its use as long as you are still the one playing the game.The cheat detection system originally used to ban it,but it was changed not to do so,because DE understands that giving a RSI to their players is bad.

2) "these people make missions boring for their team" Oh,sorry did you mean speed up boring missions?Because that's what slide macros do.If a mission is fast-paced enough noone will stop to spam slide macros.I would rather take 3 slide spamming teammates to speed up defense sorties,so I can go do something that's actually fun instead of doing that one mission for half an hour.That's the exact reason why I don't understand people like LifeOfRio who wants the game's meta to go to you having to sit in a single mission for 7 hours.

I said this before. Macros are not my problem. Using them to ridiculous performances is the issue. You say you don't like life of rio's idea of sitting in a single spot for an hour, which i can understand and agree with, but then how is spamming one move and holding down a button to be ridiculously powered any different? The reason why Rio and all of us long endurance runners go for so long is because A. We like high level enemies, and B. I personally love how enemy level ramps up so aggressively after about an hour. If we had level 100-200 extermination missions, would you consider that fun?

• 3 months later...

I never liked maiming strike.  to me its more creative to set up a load out with all of its elements together to deal a lot of damage than to be slide attacking for hours.  From my point of view, new players look up to endurance players and try to replicate their load outs and builds.  This creates discussions about end game load outs which to me depends a lot on your play style , and now rivens.  I can slide attack with prisma dual cleavers and ramp up to 2.5x on one enemy, it's all in the build and my whole load out synergy.  there is so much you can do to get a lot of damage than to rely on a few high damage weapons while several others can be setup to do equal or even more.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:57 PM, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

I never liked maiming strike.  to me its more creative to set up a load out with all of its elements together to deal a lot of damage than to be slide attacking for hours.  From my point of view, new players look up to endurance players and try to replicate their load outs and builds.  This creates discussions about end game load outs which to me depends a lot on your play style , and now rivens.  I can slide attack with prisma dual cleavers and ramp up to 2.5x on one enemy, it's all in the build and my whole load out synergy.  there is so much you can do to get a lot of damage than to rely on a few high damage weapons while several others can be setup to do equal or even more.

That's fine and dandy, and i am not a big maiming strike fan either, but you cannot deny how effective it is. With my Orthos P on a maiming strike build, i was getting 3 slide attacks per second with 50k damage each in a 10m radius. Rest in pieces tonkor and lenz. Also, this thread is pretty old, before stuff like condition overload existed (da power creep is real) so also take that into account. This was made after Telos Boltace went from main slide spam of choice to low tier (not trash it's still good, but not that good) so I said, if we put a limit on this exploit of a melee mechanic, we'd be fighting the cheesers of this game and also preventing nerf hammers to good weapons because of said exploits. Of course, majority of people here are the guilty party, thus vehemently against such a change, but it is still something that should be done.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

That's fine and dandy, and i am not a big maiming strike fan either, but you cannot deny how effective it is. With my Orthos P on a maiming strike build, i was getting 3 slide attacks per second with 50k damage each in a 10m radius. Rest in pieces tonkor and lenz. Also, this thread is pretty old, before stuff like condition overload existed (da power creep is real) so also take that into account. This was made after Telos Boltace went from main slide spam of choice to low tier (not trash it's still good, but not that good) so I said, if we put a limit on this exploit of a melee mechanic, we'd be fighting the cheesers of this game and also preventing nerf hammers to good weapons because of said exploits. Of course, majority of people here are the guilty party, thus vehemently against such a change, but it is still something that should be done.

oh im not denying anything.  constant slide attacks just isn't fun.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:34 AM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

The reason why I bring this up is not for my sake, but for the sake of PC players. Telos Boltace may have been nerfed a while back, but mainly because macro spammers abused the system and DE didn't know how to stop them. Being on console, i can say for certain that this nerf would not help that much, because there are plenty other weapons to macro spam, like atterax, orthos p, kesheg, secura lecta, etc. Macros are not used often on consoles, but i have seen them. The problem is the use of macros.

The best way to fix this is to introduce a 1 second wait period between slide attacks. Realistically, unless you intentionally build for slide attacks, you slide maybe once or twice every combo, so introducing a .5 second period between slides would certainly not affect players in the slightest, and without a macro, .5 second per slide is a reasonable speed at which players slide attack anyways. Melee speed mods do not affect how fast you wait between slide attacks anyways; all it does is make the sliding animation faster, so this doesn't affect builds. All this would really do is prevent people from macroing or overloading the slide mechanics.

I am going to make this as clear as possible. You CAN still use macros, and you can spam slide melee all you want, but it will have to be at a reasonable speed. You won't be able to manipulate it to get such ridiculous speeds, that these people make a mission boring for his team. 2 slides per second is a reasonable speed. If you want to know yourself, grab a watch, and count 2 slides per tick.

Edit: Going into a mission recently, i believe 1 second may be a bit excessive, so I'm thinking .5 seconds would be much better. 

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Hope you like them. 

no. Just no. I actually seriously feel like this is a direct copy and paste of a previous post.... It looks so similar. 

But no, a wait like that is honestly the single stupidest idea ever. A lot of people also happen to NOT use macros and still able to get insane spin times. It's really not that hard to do, just get gud. Do not blame fast hands on macros. Again, stupid idea. The fact that most weapons (all weapons) have unique animations styles for their stances mean they already have set timers between all attacks. You can't go faster than the stance and a few mods allow. Sure, you can get very fast with volt, something fast and then speed mods, but it is very easy to do the same thing with your hands.

Also, lastly, there are very big differences between scripts and macros. Scripts are essentially macros but run through software. DE (I think) have said they don't like these, but they're not explicitly stopping anyone. And macros are hardware run repeated button presses. If DE punished people for spending a few extra hundred dollars on a nice mouse and a nice keyboard, then that would be the worst decision they could ever make. I specifically bought a $200 steel series keyboard with over 88 programmable macros just so that I could macro the hell out of annoying button presses in games. I use a 1, 2, 3, and 4 macros to help with RSI in warframe that I get from spamming an ability over and over, so I'll just use those. Although, recently, warframe has gotten a lot less spammy, and I feel fewer and fewer requirements to use these.

tl;dr: Don't blame skills on macros, get gud.

Edited by Arniox

>_> I have never used a macro but I tend to slide and spin a lot because I remember back in the day when it use to be a faster way of getting around.

plus with the new crit on spin mods its a good way to start out a beserker combo. that is probably what you are complaining about too - a set of mods that makes thigns faster and deals more crits. If you are upset because you are not able to do t yourself, I recommend rebinding toggle crotch to C and sliding with it rather then holding down control. it helps and allows you to switch back to whatever button your using for mella (I use Q).

1. your macro would not work at .5 secs. it will be a nomal attack in between,

2. there is no way people can track the macro.

macro works when you press a button a certain sequence will appear.

which in this case is front then crouch + melee. So how will they say who macro who doesnt ?

On 8/14/2017 at 9:38 AM, Arniox said:

no. Just no. I actually seriously feel like this is a direct copy and paste of a previous post.... It looks so similar. 

But no, a wait like that is honestly the single stupidest idea ever. A lot of people also happen to NOT use macros and still able to get insane spin times. It's really not that hard to do, just get gud. Do not blame fast hands on macros. Again, stupid idea. The fact that most weapons (all weapons) have unique animations styles for their stances mean they already have set timers between all attacks. You can't go faster than the stance and a few mods allow. Sure, you can get very fast with volt, something fast and then speed mods, but it is very easy to do the same thing with your hands.

Also, lastly, there are very big differences between scripts and macros. Scripts are essentially macros but run through software. DE (I think) have said they don't like these, but they're not explicitly stopping anyone. And macros are hardware run repeated button presses. If DE punished people for spending a few extra hundred dollars on a nice mouse and a nice keyboard, then that would be the worst decision they could ever make. I specifically bought a $200 steel series keyboard with over 88 programmable macros just so that I could macro the hell out of annoying button presses in games. I use a 1, 2, 3, and 4 macros to help with RSI in warframe that I get from spamming an ability over and over, so I'll just use those. Although, recently, warframe has gotten a lot less spammy, and I feel fewer and fewer requirements to use these.

tl;dr: Don't blame skills on macros, get gud.

Well, this post is from long ago, so you probably already saw it lol I guess it was resurrected because it was unfinished. My point still stands though.

As for your statement, you don't know who you're speaking to. Granted, they don't post stats on forums and I'm not a fan of YouTubing, but trust me, I definitely do not need to get any better than I am now. Because I basically know everything about this game, I'm the Guide to my Ghost Clan, living in the simulacrum testing mechanics, chilling in my dojo for lessons and helping newer members, and always hitting up am endurance run here and there to keep myself interested. Not to toot my own horn, but I don't need to get any better. I apologize on how cocky that appears, but telling me to git gud is humorous. Even my buddy laughed when he saw that.

About spamming slide attacks, im on console, therefore macros and turbo controllers are hard to find, but they exist. Without them, i get 3 slides per second.  In console, that's a big deal, but on pc, it's average because of keyboard bindings. Considering how slide attacks do roughly 2x damage of normal attacks in a radius, that's 6x damage of melee per second, not to mention mods like maiming strike. I do NOT have an issue with that as I find a mechanic such as that really interesting, as long as you "earn it" in a way. Macros don't make you earn it. You can spam insane amounts of spins with it with doing nothing but a single tap of the button Slide spamming through warframe is not the way to enjoy the game, but it is fine as long as you do it yourself. Just because you CAN do it without a macro doesn't mean you WOULD, and in your case, you wouldn't if you didn't have a macro. If pressing a button over and over again really fast is annoying to you, that's most likely because maybe you shouldn't do it. Those that don't mind the repetition should do it, but adding macros just makes it too easy and accessible to those that normally would not do it, causing game breaking mechanics, thus why some weapons are getting nerfs here and there.

The slide attack mechanic is not affected by stances. Slide attacks are a completely different mechanic affected by the sliding animation alone. the collision mesh happens along with the animation, but the animation can be cancelled near the end by a melee attack, which can then be cancelled by a slide attack. That's how macros get those ridiculous speeds. Try a polearm and compare the speed to a nunchuck. It's much different and follows the reasoning of slide speed delaying

You're following my previous statement, that those who understand the game agree, and the only ones who disagree are those that have been using macros to break the game.

EDIT: Checking back, you already posted to this thread before lmao. I already rebuttaled your argument though.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Well, this post is from long ago, so you probably already saw it lol I guess it was resurrected because it was unfinished. My point still stands though.

As for your statement, you don't know who you're speaking to. Granted, they don't post stats on forums and I'm not a fan of YouTubing, but trust me, I definitely do not need to get any better than I am now. Because I basically know everything about this game, I'm the Guide to my Ghost Clan, living in the simulacrum testing mechanics, chilling in my dojo for lessons and helping newer members, and always hitting up am endurance run here and there to keep myself interested. Not to toot my own horn, but I don't need to get any better. I apologize on how cocky that appears, but telling me to git gud is humorous. Even my buddy laughed when he saw that.

About spamming slide attacks, im on console, therefore macros and turbo controllers are hard to find, but they exist. Without them, i get 3 slides per second.  In console, that's a big deal, but on pc, it's average because of keyboard bindings. Considering how slide attacks do roughly 2x damage of normal attacks in a radius, that's 6x damage of melee per second, not to mention mods like maiming strike. I do NOT have an issue with that as I find a mechanic such as that really interesting, as long as you "earn it" in a way. Macros don't make you earn it. You can spam insane amounts of spins with it with doing nothing but a single tap of the button Slide spamming through warframe is not the way to enjoy the game, but it is fine as long as you do it yourself. Just because you CAN do it without a macro doesn't mean you WOULD, and in your case, you wouldn't if you didn't have a macro. If pressing a button over and over again really fast is annoying to you, that's most likely because maybe you shouldn't do it. Those that don't mind the repetition should do it, but adding macros just makes it too easy and accessible to those that normally would not do it, causing game breaking mechanics, thus why some weapons are getting nerfs here and there.

The slide attack mechanic is not affected by stances. Slide attacks are a completely different mechanic affected by the sliding animation alone. the collision mesh happens along with the animation, but the animation can be cancelled near the end by a melee attack, which can then be cancelled by a slide attack. That's how macros get those ridiculous speeds. Try a polearm and compare the speed to a nunchuck. It's much different and follows the reasoning of slide speed delaying

You're following my previous statement, that those who understand the game agree, and the only ones who disagree are those that have been using macros to break the game.

1: yeah sorry, I didn't know this was resurrected. 

2: k, glad you're a contributing member to the game. 

3: didn't realise you're on console, sorry for the mistake, I also don't enjoy spin to win either, I just care less if other peeps use it. I don't use macros to spin, since I find mechanically, it's more fun to do most things yourself. Also, pressing buttons really fast don't annoy me, they physically hurt me. I get rsi really badly if I spam too fast. Lastly, I don't mind nerfs or buffs or changes, they mean a nice new look at something, which is great for a long term player with nothing to do. 

4: yeah I know that. Saw a video on how they got that speed. Meh, whatever DE do, I'm sure it'll be fine, and really only effect abusers of the system. 

5: yeah, I agree, again though, meh. I don't use spin macros, I find them boring and not that useful for my style of game play. Again, whatever DE do, it won't effect me, it'll just effect spin to win peeps. I almost never even use spin attacks cause they're not that fun for me and I almost never use my maiming strike. It's too meh for me to use. Too boring 

Edited by Arniox