Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Prime Still Viable?

LeBronasaurus

Question

25 answers to this question

No, not really, the press 4 to win is gone from him, but the increased choice is, in my opinion viable, also stuff like his first ability with the augment, third ability and covert lethalit, all make him a very nice, fun frame to play. 

Those people who call him trash did nothing more than press 4. Bladestorm works better now and it isn't hard to use either. You get refunded for the energy you don't use and I feel the range on it is even better than before. You just need to build him for more than just pure power strength and range now.

just forget 4.. its super slow to set up.. and its not worth modding for power...  on high level...mod for max efficancy.. fleeting 4 streamline 4.. narrow minded and primed continuity... u  skills will cost almost nothing  put  overextended to negate narrow minded.. range lose...use natural talent and ash augment for teleport...and u are good to go..i play it on mot  after nerf 2.30h solo so

''Rework made ash trash'' is a common thought of a player who were using ash just to kill blindly, and it was just broken to nuke an entire room within seconds, so they kept the DPS of blade storm but now you need to mark the enemies you are going to attack which is totally reasonable, and also the bodies of enemies you killed with blade storm now disappears for the perfect stealth runs and synergies well with his theme, no body lock and being able to cast 2nd ability in mid-air made his 2nd so much better now and synergies with the blade storm as it costs less energy per mark while you're invincible, 1st and 3rd abilities are situational so they didn't required rework just some tweaks.

TL;DR : Rework made Ash synergy with his theme better instead of being a braindead killer, didn't make Ash trash whatsoever...

Not exactly trash. His smokescreen is better, to compensate for the "nerfed" BS.

Ash kinda acts from the sidelines now. I prefer playing him as a sniper in a group, killing enemies with BS or fatal teleport, then smoking to GTFO. Support smoking as well kinda works (with augment).

Usually run with high duration on him, maybe some str or range depending on builds.

49 minutes ago, asianlongdong said:

I know the rework apparently made him trash, is this still true?

If you know it apparently made him trash, why are you asking if it is still true? And, how can you know something and still wonder if it is true?

Why not actually use him and decide for yourself?

the main change that made ash "worse" is that he will no longer target every enemy in an AoE. however, to target an enemy with the new bladestorm, if I remember correctly, you only need to look at the enemy. Basically, bladestorm is no longer an area nuke with incredibly long "cinematic"scenes, but is instead a precision tool.

If you are OK with being a squishy frame, and like the stealth aspect of warframe, ash is still a top-tier choice.

In some ways, it kinda is with Bladestorm not being able to mark everyone around and kill them at a touch of the button.

But he's still viable as a Support DPS and a more combat-oriented Loki. Even better with augments on.

15 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

If you know it apparently made him trash, why are you asking if it is still true? And, how can you know something and still wonder if it is true?

Why not actually use him and decide for yourself?

I'm wondering if it's worth going through the trouble to get. Not only is it a bit of a time sink, a MR6 can't really afford to get a Warframe without going though every process to ensure that it's good (I lack the platinum to buy slots). 

I am wondering if it is still true because some people in Region said Ash's Bladestorm is fine and just as good as before, and I don't want to have to sort through pages of patch notes to find out if it is. I'm looking for an answer as of April 19, 2017. As for your statement about 'how can you know something and wonder if it is still true', firstly, it's called doubt. Have you ever heard of it? 'I know God is real, buuut....' is a great example. Furthermore, that's irrelevant to my original post because I wrote 'apparently' in my opening statement. As soon as the word apparently is used, it implies that the writer had  a) heard this from an external source and b) only has this thought as a basis for belief because of lack of experience and/or knowledge.

TL;DR: instead of going out of your way to find logical fallacies (of which there were none to speak of had you read the post in its entirety), you could've taken that time to actually answer the question.

Honestly, you're overthinking every word in the post and are wrong about every point. 

14 hours ago, RaiuLyn said:

In some ways, it kinda is with Bladestorm not being able to mark everyone around and kill them at a touch of the button.

But he's still viable as a Support DPS and a more combat-oriented Loki. Even better with augments on.

Ok, so he's fine, just Bladestorm builds aren't viable anymore? Through a quick google search, a Fatal Teleport is a good build, what's your opinion?

15 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

the main change that made ash "worse" is that he will no longer target every enemy in an AoE. however, to target an enemy with the new bladestorm, if I remember correctly, you only need to look at the enemy. Basically, bladestorm is no longer an area nuke with incredibly long "cinematic"scenes, but is instead a precision tool.

If you are OK with being a squishy frame, and like the stealth aspect of warframe, ash is still a top-tier choice.

Alright. I've just finished building Loki, so I guess I'll find out if I like stealth 'Frames tonight.

15 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Not exactly trash. His smokescreen is better, to compensate for the "nerfed" BS.

Ash kinda acts from the sidelines now. I prefer playing him as a sniper in a group, killing enemies with BS or fatal teleport, then smoking to GTFO. Support smoking as well kinda works (with augment).

Usually run with high duration on him, maybe some str or range depending on builds.

Ah okay, thanks. So more like a support fire 'Frame? 

A

16 hours ago, (PS4)ThatPersonInMars said:

''Rework made ash trash'' is a common thought of a player who were using ash just to kill blindly, and it was just broken to nuke an entire room within seconds, so they kept the DPS of blade storm but now you need to mark the enemies you are going to attack which is totally reasonable, and also the bodies of enemies you killed with blade storm now disappears for the perfect stealth runs and synergies well with his theme, no body lock and being able to cast 2nd ability in mid-air made his 2nd so much better now and synergies with the blade storm as it costs less energy per mark while you're invincible, 1st and 3rd abilities are situational so they didn't required rework just some tweaks.

TL;DR : Rework made Ash synergy with his theme better instead of being a braindead killer, didn't make Ash trash whatsoever...

More of an assassin, less of an overpowered DPS Warframe, I see. Thanks!

16 hours ago, ashrah said:

just forget 4.. its super slow to set up.. and its not worth modding for power...  on high level...mod for max efficancy.. fleeting 4 streamline 4.. narrow minded and primed continuity... u  skills will cost almost nothing  put  overextended to negate narrow minded.. range lose...use natural talent and ash augment for teleport...and u are good to go..i play it on mot  after nerf 2.30h solo so

Ok, I'll avoid BS altogether and look for a Fatal Teleport/whatever-other-build-works set up.

16 hours ago, Diarmut said:

No, not really, the press 4 to win is gone from him, but the increased choice is, in my opinion viable, also stuff like his first ability with the augment, third ability and covert lethalit, all make him a very nice, fun frame to play. 

Fun is the goal! Thanks!

16 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Those people who call him trash did nothing more than press 4. Bladestorm works better now and it isn't hard to use either. You get refunded for the energy you don't use and I feel the range on it is even better than before. You just need to build him for more than just pure power strength and range now.

Takes more skill now? I see, I see... I will definitely pick up the 'Frame because from what I've read from you guys, it plays more stealthy, isn't 4-to-win and still is a great killer, as well as having a larger viable pool of builds. Thanks.

Lets be real his bladestorm change was terrible and didnt fix anything except making it more expensive and a bigger pain to use why bother with stealthing then slowly marking enemies(or spinning your camera around like an idiot) when you can just shoot the enemy not to mention youre still stuck watching animations until the game lets you go.He isnt trash though smokescreen can be used in the air now and his shuriken and teleport have great augments but just dont bother with bladestorm

8 hours ago, asianlongdong said:

Ok, so he's fine, just Bladestorm builds aren't viable anymore? Through a quick google search, a Fatal Teleport is a good build, what's your opinion?

I wouldn't say not viable. It's more like "Use it when needed" situation. While Bladestorm can't nuke anymore, it still can proc Bleed, invulnerable and shield regen during the killing, and picks up items when killing. Remember, if your mark disappears, you get energy refunds so it's not like you're wasting energy.

Fatal Teleport with Covert Legality is a deadly combination. Even more with the augment for Shuriken that reduces 70% armor. With this is kind of setup, Ash is overkill on single target assassinations who has tough armor on.

Edited by RaiuLyn

from extensive reading and watching videos this is what ive gathered.

his ult is mostly pointless now aside from lower level panic button.

you can build him for fatal teleport, resulting in an ability to solo very well, but its a bit one dimensional.  I wouldnt personally use this build to purely spam fatal teleport as remember you still have weapons you can use.  if something a bit harder to kill comes along by all means fatal teleport away.  its mainly a solo build.  can do solo survival very well as i understand.

seeking shuriken build, some find it pointless, and it is if you run 4x corrosive projection.  But if you dont run corrosive its honestly great.  apparently 145 power lets you strip armor completely regardless of enemies.  easy to hit 2-8 targets at a time.  has innate punch through.  imo it has potential of being good at very high levels.  allowing a more interactive playstyle that may feel more rewarding then just run 4x CP.  

he has stealth, even if it doesnt last as long as loki's it has faster animation wich i find nice.  this means stealth runs, spy missions, etc he is very good at, and with things like fatal teleport he could do those handily.

Loki might have more of a generalist where each ability is useful.  Ash's follow more of a theme, wich seem to be solo/survival/stealth play.  hes tankier then loki too, wich matters to some i guess.

I think hes still workable in a team, his abilities just are not that team oriented.  Id say if you want to do team play, do seeking shuriken, but its kinda pointless with 4x CP

15 hours ago, RaiuLyn said:

I wouldn't say not viable. It's more like "Use it when needed" situation. While Bladestorm can't nuke anymore, it still can proc Bleed, invulnerable and shield regen during the killing, and picks up items when killing. Remember, if your mark disappears, you get energy refunds so it's not like you're wasting energy.

Fatal Teleport with Covert Legality is a deadly combination. Even more with the augment for Shuriken that reduces 70% armor. With this is kind of setup, Ash is overkill on single target assassinations who has tough armor on.

Covert legality... hahaha. This made me giggle.