Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Bake in Ammo Mutation in Riven Mods

zileus

In the meanwhile, Riot should also put a % indicator for the amount of ammo that will be converted on pick-ups on the mod overlay already. Adding ammo mutation in riven stats will bring a lot of happiness and quality of life increases. More so happiness however, cos who really wants to put an ammo mutation on a crit-oriented (mod-heavy), weapon like the amprex. Instead of adding a primed cryo rounds for the last slot after the crit- essential and first elemental combo mods, we add a bleeping amo converter. With that weapon's low base damage values, I would rather have the primed cryo rounds instead or a riven to increase or mitigate a weapon's flaws. We already have the crazy RNG with riven mods, so why not throw it in? 

Anyways,

#PAPABLESS 

A wise quote:

" Ammo mutation mods should be put in riven mods"

~ Pepe, The Meme Overlord

Edited by zileus

22 minutes ago, zileus said:

Adding ammo mutation in riven stats will bring a lot of happiness and quality of life increases.

You think that now but it is already a pain to get crit chance and damage together, now you think getting those + ammo mutation all at once will be cake?

Plenty of ways to restore ammo that don't involve adding yet another stat into the already bloated pool of stats.  

Doesn't really matter I guess, the chances of them adding that is very slim as is.  They've yet to bother cleaning out the stats that don't work at all on some weapons. 

On the off chance they decide to add another stat to the pool, it definitely won't be just one.  I can only hope they do a bit of housekeeping on rivens in general before they start diluting RNG more than it already it.

Personally I dislike the entire concept of having ammo mutation in the first place.  It's a necessary mod only because the game does not vary ammo pickups by weapon type.  It's kind of silly that something like a Grakata, which shoots tiny little bullets at a high rate of fire, uses the same ammo and picks up the same amount of ammo as something like the Opticor which does enormous damage with every slow and deliberate shot.

My vote?  Lose ammo mutation entirely and give each weapon an ammo pickup value that makes sense for them. Lex gets 10 rounds per pistol box because it's a one-shot kill on most enemies, while dual machine pistols like Dex Furis get 50 rounds per box because even the lightest use of the trigger spends multiple rounds.