Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Build

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

14 answers to this question

I have 3 builds for her.

1. sneak + steal: high duration, range and efficience with very low strength for stealth runs (primed flow, primed continuity, streamline, stretch, fleeting expertise, overextended, narrow minded, infiltrate)
  2. balanced: a mix of 1 and 3, which is also good for battles but doesn't have the extreme low duration of 3 (instead of the corrupted mods of build 1: intensify, vitality, power drift)
  3. battle: especially for sortie vay hek with a heavy caliber paris prime, the low duration makes her sleep arrow almost useless though (primed flow, primed continuity, streamline, fleeting expertise, transient fortitude, intensify, power drift, vitality)

How to build her depends on what you're aiming for: stealth runs, defense with her sleep arrows, Artemis bow,.... I'm not a fan of navigator, but some build her especially for that. Her bow is powerful with the right mods in your primary, so don't use shotguns with her.

Btw, build 3 could be changed by moving power drift in the exilus slot and replacing it with constitution. That would give a higher duration and wouldn't ruin her sleep arrow. And I just realised that I need a 3rd Forma in her to try just that.^^

Oh, I once had a build for a Sortie defense with a low range. The cloaked area was just big enough to fit on the defense target. The duration and strength made up for that though.

So, try out what fits best to you. :) She can be stealthy, a good CC frame (sleep and cloak) or a good dps frame (artemis bow and navigator).

There's the long duration build, and there's the Artemis Bow build. Either one has good efficiency on prowl, but will affect one ability significantly. You can try to balance out the two. Add some duration, some strength, and a little range to make all her abilities usable.

For regular play I use a balanced build with a bit more on duration (Primed Continuity + Constitution). Works well enough for me whatever I'm doing.

A max range build is pretty interesting, especially in stealth with how far Noise Arrow can attract enemies.

Aight, probably speaks for her that all builds seem to be viable :) thought about eather using her with max range and sleep arrow with a silent weapon or going for max bow damage (if i got positive bow feedback- basicly tansient, blind rage, max fleeting, streamline, narrow mindet, prime con, prime flow, vitality, power drift)

I guess i set the formas so i can use both then :)

thx a lot!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

36 minutes ago, tsoa said:

I have 3 builds for her.

1. sneak + steal: high duration, range and efficience with very low strength for stealth runs (primed flow, primed continuity, streamline, stretch, fleeting expertise, overextended, narrow minded, infiltrate)
  2. balanced: a mix of 1 and 3, which is also good for battles but doesn't have the extreme low duration of 3 (instead of the corrupted mods of build 1: intensify, vitality, power drift)
  3. battle: especially for sortie vay hek with a heavy caliber paris prime, the low duration makes her sleep arrow almost useless though (primed flow, primed continuity, streamline, fleeting expertise, transient fortitude, intensify, power drift, vitality)

How to build her depends on what you're aiming for: stealth runs, defense with her sleep arrows, Artemis bow,.... I'm not a fan of navigator, but some build her especially for that. Her bow is powerful with the right mods in your primary, so don't use shotguns with her.

Btw, build 3 could be changed by moving power drift in the exilus slot and replacing it with constitution. That would give a higher duration and wouldn't ruin her sleep arrow. And I just realised that I need a 3rd Forma in her to try just that.^^

Oh, I once had a build for a Sortie defense with a low range. The cloaked area was just big enough to fit on the defense target. The duration and strength made up for that though.

So, try out what fits best to you. :) She can be stealthy, a good CC frame (sleep and cloak) or a good dps frame (artemis bow and navigator).

Exactly what I do. :thumbup:

Be careful with blind rage. The efficiency might get too low. The thing with Ivara is that she can only get energy through orbs or syndicate procs (e.g. Rakta Cernos) while using Prowl. Same applies for Artemis Bow with the excaption of Zenurik, which works as well. So in order to get energy through Energy Vampire, pizzas or Zenurik, you have to become visible which might not be a wise idea.

21 minutes ago, tsoa said:

Be careful with blind rage. The efficiency might get too low. The thing with Ivara is that she can only get energy through orbs or syndicate procs (e.g. Rakta Cernos) while using Prowl. Same applies for Artemis Bow with the excaption of Zenurik, which works as well. So in order to get energy through Energy Vampire, pizzas or Zenurik, you have to become visible which might not be a wise idea.

tried it on my half finished build, Max blind+max transient with max fleeting, streamline and max narrow mindet alone result in 40% eff and rougly 100% duration. Adding extra duration should keep the channeling efficiency at max. Only thing suffering should be the activation costs, which shouldn't be much of an issue. Not 100% sure if the shot arrows calculate off channeled or efficiency tho. That one might be a reason to use transient+ intensify...essencially a more balanced build.

Edit: only efficiency. F***. So it's eather max efficiency with a lower blind rage or intensify...Still kinda tempting as i could go with a augument or utility on the same build.

guess i'll keep the efficiency at max then. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was: My original battle build had a duration of s.th. like 12% which made her 1 pretty useless. Found out the hard way that 0.5 seconds of sleep is not fun if you have a group of enemies in front of you and you want to stealth a bit. ^^ Therefore I added Primed Continuity, which has several positive side effects:

1. The duration of sleep arrow (~6 seconds) is enough to go stealthy if needed.
  2. The cloak arrow allows to savely revive team mates and restore energy. Put it in front of you, deactivate Prowl and Artemis Bow and you can benefit from EV and pizzas.

You can try out if using Cloak + Artemis Bow is a viable alternative to Prowl + Artemis Bow. It has the advantage of Zenurik and Energy Siphon restoring your energy.

Ivara really has a ton of tricks up her sleeve if one can use her powers wisely. And although I have played her a fair bit, I wouldn't say that I have mastered her abilities just yet.

3 hours ago, tsoa said:

One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was: My original battle build had a duration of s.th. like 12% which made her 1 pretty useless. Found out the hard way that 0.5 seconds of sleep is not fun if you have a group of enemies in front of you and you want to stealth a bit. ^^ Therefore I added Primed Continuity, which has several positive side effects:

1. The duration of sleep arrow (~6 seconds) is enough to go stealthy if needed.
  2. The cloak arrow allows to savely revive team mates and restore energy. Put it in front of you, deactivate Prowl and Artemis Bow and you can benefit from EV and pizzas.

You can try out if using Cloak + Artemis Bow is a viable alternative to Prowl + Artemis Bow. It has the advantage of Zenurik and Energy Siphon restoring your energy.

Ivara really has a ton of tricks up her sleeve if one can use her powers wisely. And although I have played her a fair bit, I wouldn't say that I have mastered her abilities just yet.

Ye settled down with Transient, Fleeting 3, streamline, P flow, P con, Stretch, Vitality, Strength Drift and eather intensify or Infiltrate depending on the mission. Provides at least 145 range and 88% duration, what's still something.

I may go for constitution instead of stretch tho... Not sure if i'll prefer better channeling efficiency or more loot steal, more arrow range or duration yet. Especially as the secondary fire function during artemis makes her first really fast.

May i take the opportunity to ask what weapon build is to prefer? Artemis bow is basicly to be handled like a shotgun, is it not? Thought i'd basicly go for raw, multishot, crit damage, no chance, elemental type, no status chance.

Any mods i should absolutely include?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Ye settled down with Transient, Fleeting 3, streamline, P flow, P con, Stretch, Vitality, Strength Drift and eather intensify or Infiltrate depending on the mission. Provides at least 145 range and 88% duration, what's still something.

I may go for constitution instead of stretch tho... Not sure if i'll prefer better channeling efficiency or more loot steal, more arrow range or duration yet. Especially as the secondary fire function during artemis makes her first really fast.

May i take the opportunity to ask what weapon build is to prefer? Artemis bow is basicly to be handled like a shotgun, is it not? Thought i'd basicly go for raw, multishot, crit damage, no chance, elemental type, no status chance.

Any mods i should absolutely include?

Dispatch Overdrive on melee to eliminate speed penalty with Prowl. "Hushed" mods if u made decision to use nonsilent weapon. IMO, cast Cloak directly on Allies is more useful then bubble, but Allies must know the mechanics, of course.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:30 AM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Dispatch Overdrive on melee to eliminate speed penalty with Prowl. "Hushed" mods if u made decision to use nonsilent weapon.

Dispatch Overdrive used with Ivara's prowl is very nice.  Combined with high power strength for Infiltrate mod and she's quite fast in Prowl.

As for the best build for Ivara, the best build for her is usually some form of balanced build.  This is because each of her powers depend on multiple stats.  This means that going negative on any stat isn't a good thing to do.  Most Ivara mains (I'm one of them) make sure to have very good if not maxed efficiency.  This is because Ivara can be very energy hungry especially when using multiple powers at the same time.  

I mostly use a general build that is mostly high efficiency and power.  This build is use for almost everything.  I only have different build that is specific for Sortie defense and has very high duration for cloaking the defense target.  

Hope this helps also fellow Tenno.  :D