Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I gift a friend 3K plat?

ViosKiller

Question

Hello, everyone. I am in doubt and need some help.

Some months ago I picked up the game again, and I got the 75% discount on plat, so I bought around 4K. I spent some of it to get my warframe, some mods, weapons and basically get started with the game again. Lately I don't have as much free time so, having remembered that I still had some plat left, I decided to gift it a friend of mine, whose birthday was just a few weeks ago and still wasn't sure what to get for him, even as a late gift. I would like to give it all to him as I don't really use it anyway, but he's worried I might get banned because it may look fishy. Can I do this or will either of us get banned for this?

8 answers to this question

I don't think platinum as a birthday present is not going to cut it. Although this is just my opinion. You should go with what your friend likes movies, games, comics and books etc. Those are easy to go with when you are trying to buy a birthday present or something you friend needs daily clothing as example.

Edited by AlendasNaro

Just now, lightdragon64 said:

invite him to a dojo/maroo's bazarr and you can trade it with him. he needs to offer something in return but you can just ask for a junk mod or something.

I'm actually just afraid that if I give my friend so much plat for some junk mod it would look like as if he's buying the plat off of some external website.

You have nothing to worry about so long as you trade in the proper manner for items in-game only.

Some items are worth a fortune and many people trade large sums of platinum everyday. 

Excerpt from the Trading FAQ:

5) PLATINUM - Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".

You should be able to give him 3k without being banned. You can also ask him if he has a wish list and gift them those items instead of giving him all the plats at once. You can even gift slots now which would cme in handy for hm. That way he won't need to farm up credits to pay the tax for 3k plats.