The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

In Oberon's current state, he is very combo heavy and relies heavily on his Hallowed Ground + Reckoning/Renewal combos to succeed, both of which are costly combinations. Typically, you run atleast 3 out of these 4 mods if not all four: Rage, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, or (Primed) Flow in order to keep the heal up on allies and be able to use the synergies with your kit. That doesn't leave much room for survivability, augments, natural talent, strength, duration, and range. If you use Fleeting Expertise, you are going to need to use Primed Continuity up to 105-115% depending on whether you prefer r3 or r4 Fleeting. This is the core of current Oberon's problem, he doesn't have enough slots.

Lets say Oberon were to receive an energy mechanic similar to Nidus, which is what Oberon needs. Lets say while he is on his Hallowed Ground, for each enemy a smite projectile hits, he receives 5 energy. Just as an example.

This would be an example build:

This would be a "balanced" build, with 160% eff, 155% dur, 211% str, and 85% eff. If Oberon were able to sustain power usage like Nidus using a build like this, he would be in a good spot, imo. With various builds, I can see him becoming a frontline, armor crushing support frame.

Edited by Music4Therapy

6 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

It's not all Terrible. Smite is still a good hard knockdown/radiation spreader and if there arne't TOO many enemies the chaser orbs have to go after and most don't decide to just wander off it can do OK damage for a one, but still retains CC usefulness.

Hallowed Ground is pretty good, but needs to match reckoning's size if you ant the two to work together.

I'm actually REALLY liking renewal... but it needs to cost WAY less, and not take energy if targets are at full health.

Reckoning needs another pass. It isn't a good nuke and 'drops health orbs on kill' sucks when it can't kill.

The drops health orbs on kill was always weird to me. When Reckoning can kill a target, you are probably playing at a level where you don't need health orbs, when reckoning can't kill a target, that's actually when you probably need health orbs.  Simple fix is have the orbs drop when target dies from reckoning or dies within X seconds of being affected by reckoning. 

So yeah, my proposal is while he is on Hallowed Ground he gains something like 2 e/s, and he gains like 5 energy for each enemy a Smite projectile hits, not counting the initial target. This would also allow each ability in his kit to have a synergy with Hallowed Ground.

Edited by Music4Therapy

3 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

Seems as though people want him to do too much of everything

All he needs is a better way of getting energy. Maybe enemies killed on hallowed ground have a 50% chance of dropping one?

Problem is he's incredibly underwhelming in doing everything at once.

Nidus is the Warframe who does too much of everything. 

1. Damage (Virulence and Ravenous) 

2. Tank (Parasitic Link)

3. CC (Larva and Ravenous)

4. Utility (Larva)

5. Heal (Ravenous)

6. Buff (Parasitic Link)

Wanting Oberon to be at least subpar to Nidus ain't too much to ask, y'know?

9 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

Seems as though people want him to do too much of everything

All he needs is a better way of getting energy. Maybe enemies killed on hallowed ground have a 50% chance of dropping one?

While on Hallowed Ground, Oberon should gain 2 e/s and receive 5 energy for each enemy hit by Smite's projectiles.

Now build him like Nidus and be an armor crushing, front line support. @LokiTheCondom

Edited by Music4Therapy

Just now, LokiTheCondom said:

Problem is he's incredibly underwhelming in doing everything at once.

Nidus is the Warframe who does too much of everything. 

1. Damage (Virulence and Ravenous) 

2. Tank (Parasitic Link)

3. CC (Larva and Ravenous)

4. Utility (Larva)

5. Heal (Ravenous)

6. Buff (Parasitic Link)

Wanting Oberon to be at least subpar to Nidus ain't too much to ask, y'know?

Just now, Music4Therapy said:

While on Hallowed Ground, Oberon should gain 2 e/s and receive 5 energy for each enemy hit by Smite's projectiles.

Now build him like Nidus and be an armor crushing, front line support.

I'd be ok with most of this, but 5 energy for every enemy hit by smite would just be infinite energy. I can already hear the complaints of reckoning spam

Just now, shyguyk said:

I'd be ok with most of this, but 5 energy for every enemy hit by smite would just be infinite energy. I can already hear the complaints of reckoning spam

Pretty please let enemies primed by Reckoning drop health orbs on death, this is all I need to make a Health Conversion build perfect.

4 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

It wouldn't be infinite energy. He'd only gain energy for the projectiles Smite creates, he'd need there to be atleast 5 enemies around to break even, similar to Nidus.

Edited by Music4Therapy

2 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

It wouldn't be infinite energy. He'd only gain energy for the projectiles Smite creates, he'd need there to be atleast 5 enemies around to break even, similar to Nidus.

You can reduce the cost of smite to 6 energy ya know.

Okay so in this thread im gonna suggest changes to oberon to make him fit the "jack of all trades" style while not trivializing others.

Smite: On overall this one looks decent now but i have an idea what could make it a bit better.

Currently only the augement lets you cast it on allies and i want that changed.

Casting on allies now grant 50% chance to remove status effects for 3sec or heal the target for 30% of oberons max health while it releases orbs dealing 100% of the targets health as damage. Most frames are squishy so this wont make it too powerful and it would grant oberon another form to help the squad.

Hallowed ground: This skill needs plenty of changes currently so apart from what is mostly suggested i add in a few ideas here too.

First of all, make this beautiful carpet knock down enemies when i cast it. Its a moving particle mass so why not?

Second, let me power up this carpet. When i keep chanelling this ability the carpet gains additional damage (up to x10 max) while it stops its countdown timer and resets it after certain amounts of energy were spent. This skill deals really low amount of damage so let me sacrafice my energy to make it more useful to us.

Third, make it actually burning. The descripion says righteus fire so let it use dual elemental damage. Fire and radiation.

Reneval: Still needs plenty of changes to be useful.

First make this into a free togleable no energy drain if i dont heal anybody.

Second shared energy. The concept is easy, once you connect to oberons healing wave you and him "share" a healing energy pool. When you move next to a an energy orb it gets sucked into the pool. For every 1 energy reneval heals 10 hp. The maximum size of the pool is limited by the amount of all teammates max total power. When someone takes damage he drains this pool and once its empty oberon uses his own energy reserve to heal 15hp for 1 energy. IF someone dies, reneval consumes the whole energy pool and grants 2 sec immortality for all squadmates.

Recknocking: Somehow ok but im still gonna suggest some ideas.

Make this a channelable ability. When used oberon lifts up enemies and smashes them on the ground and keeps them there so others can dispatch them. Knocked down enemies take 20% more damage.

Make this on top of the upper change usable as oberon moves across the battlefield making it into an effective CC ability. Energy consuption should be just high enough to make him able to channel it for atleast 10 sec with his base energy pool.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

The amount of energy needed to keep Oberon going seems to be a common theme. I tend to agree that he is to energy hunger and needs more work in that area you can make Oberon do some work when you have the energy to do so it's just not easy finding the energy needed to make him do work.

10 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

Nah... Because DE is too lazy to do a complete rework for him... It's sad but got to accept it.

I do not think it is DE being lazy. The current version fits Scott's vision of what the Oberon is supposed to be. 

I just hope people keep the issue of his energy problem as a consensus, as that is something I could see being fixed. 

Edited by LazyKnight

14 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I want to think if the energy issue is fixed he'd be a good solid workhorse. Not Great, but 'good enough for general work' which is the whole point of Oberon beyond spreading Radiation like candy. Afraid it might not be enough on its own, but I do know that is the biggest flaw he has right now. No way to scavenge energy like Nidus, or Octavia can.

If DE were to legit make a great energy return mechanic for Oberon on par with the greatness of Limbo's or Nidus's then he would be a solid frame. I can see him laying down his Hallowed Ground, throwing up Iron Renewal, then using Smite to upkeep the healing from Renewal while also building up energy for Reckoning, which would in turn would strip a solid amount of armor allowing the scaling damage from Smite to do work in between Reckonings.

Edited by Music4Therapy

3 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

I do not think it is DE being lazy. The current version fits Scott's vision of what the Oberon is supposed to be. 

I just hope people keep the issue of his energy problem as a consensus, as that is something I could see being fixed. 

Agreed. I have 4 ideas regarding it that I've been pushing.

1) Smite projectiles generating energy per enemy hit while Oberon is on Hallowed Ground

2) Gaining energy per second on Hallowed

3) Gaining energy per enemy killed while you are on Hallowed Ground

4) The usual Reckoning only needing to hit the target then having an increased chance of dropping a health orb mechanic for Equilibrium.