The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Needs an Energy Gain Mechanic

Music4Therapy

And I recommend attaching to his Hallowed Ground, which right now isn't a strong ability on its own. The synergies are cool, but the base ability needs help and due to all the combos in Oberon's kit.. let's due this.

Enemies that die while Oberon is on his Hallowed Ground should grant him energy, similar to Limbo in the Rift.

^This mechanic would help provide much needed help with his combos and make the ability stronger on its own.

He has a base energy pool of 100 and is an ability spammer. I don't care if DE doubles his base energy pool with his prime variant, his 2-4-3 combo ALONE has a cost of 175.

Edited by Letter13
Removed nonconstructive comments

52 minutes ago, FriarTuck said:

Rage.

We shouldn't have to rely on a mod that gives a small amount of energy when taking damage on a frame with low armour.

Even Saryn has a way to regen energy. Oberon needs one, especially since it takes multiple ability casts to do much.

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

We shouldn't have to rely on a mod that gives a small amount of energy when taking damage on a frame with low armour.

Even Saryn has a way to regen energy. Oberon needs one, especially since it takes multiple ability casts to do much.

That's what mods are for

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Then use Equilibrium instead.

ps. why rely on mods in the beggining better play without them :3 

Just now, Music4Therapy said:

Do I really have to get into what Trinity, Limbo, Nidus, Octavia, and Saryn are capable of? Because they all have energy regen mechanics.

trinity well she regens everyones energy so they can deal with enemies sooo i would not count her

limbo, sure but it only works when in rift and is negelgible at most because it cannot exactly regenrate energy fast

octavia okay she is good example

nidus? weeeell that depends if u can actually hit your enemies before your team blast them away

saryn? ummm what??

Just now, Music4Therapy said:

Do I really have to get into what Trinity, Limbo, Nidus, Octavia, and Saryn are capable of? Because they all have energy regen mechanics.

Saryn has no energy regen, she has health regen (via augment) which is often combine with rage for energy like oberon.

If you want to have energy regen on Oberon the use rage.

Just now, Nazzami said:

Saryn has no energy regen, she has health regen (via augment) which is often combine with rage for energy like oberon.

If you want to have energy regen on Oberon the use rage.

Oh my god.

1) "Each enemy infected with Spores will restore 2 energy to Saryn for each spore burst with Toxic Lash" - "When cast on Molt, Spores energy cost is reduced by 50%"

2) Why do ALL THE OTHER combo reliant frames have either energy gain or reduced costs in their combos and/or large energy pools (Oberon's base energy is 100)?? Why shouldn't Oberon? Explain this to me, because no one can. All these star chart-roaming plebs can think of is "but when da enemies shootz meh I get energy!" Why should a frame that needs so many stats be forced to take Rage? Please, explain.

Just now, Atylia said:

Well aren't you a happy chap

Because this moronic community seems to think Rage should be Oberon's only source of energy regen. Rage isn't viable in late game content, ESPECIALLY with the small amount of armor Oberon has. Even with the buff he has as much as either a naked Chroma or a Naked Valkyr, pending on his power strength. Its beyond idiotic.

7 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Well aren't you a happy chap

He's getting annoyed because people either don't know about Saryn or won't stop suggesting Rage. As someone who uses Oberon a lot, I can agree with the OP that Oberon needs a way to either cut down energy costs or regain energy. Oberon is an Energy Hog and he doesn't have a large reserve of energy like some other caster frames. Rage helps but it only helps so much in the heat of a fight, and you can forget about taking hits from high level enemies as a way to regain energy reliably.

Personally, I'd be all for the OP's suggestion of having enemies killed on Hallowed Ground granting energy, as the ability doesn't really do much on it's own.

Edited by LordMazulia

1 minute ago, Music4Therapy said:

Because this moronic community seems to think Rage should be Oberon's only source of energy regen. Rage isn't viable in late game content, ESPECIALLY with the small amount of armor Oberon has. Even with the buff he has as much as either a naked Chroma or a Naked Valkyr, pending on his power strength. Its beyond idiotic.

150 armor isn't too bad is it? Though to be honest if he is really a 'paladin', I'd expect maybe 200 so he's a proper 'fighter' but not an outright brawler or tank.

But regardless, I'd prefer to see some better numbers on his 'new' abilities, whether he gets energy regen I don't mind. It'd be nice, since I sometimes like to run solo, and running solo energy regen is always nice.

But in terms of Rage being Bro's only form of energy regen, there are still many frames with no regen at all (excluding mods) so I guess it's all up to balance and role identity (which again, Bro's sorta in the middle)

1 minute ago, LordMazulia said:

He's getting annoyed because people either don't know about Saryn or won't stop suggesting Rage. As someone who uses Oberon a lot, I can agree with the OP that Oberon needs a way to either cut down energy costs or regain energy. Oberon is an Energy Hog and he doesn't have a large reserve of energy like some other caster frames. Rage helps but it only helps so much in the heat of a fight, and you can forget about taking hits from high level enemies as a way to regain energy reliably.

Personally, I'd be all for the OP's suggestion of having enemies killed on Hallowed Ground granting energy, as the ability doesn't really do much on it's own.

Well looks like he likes to take his frustration out on everyone, especially since I asked a genuine innocent question about something I didn't know about. I do agree with Rage not being a good option but for other reasons though. I feel like from what I've experienced with Rage, it's kind of a double edged sword with anyone with low armor/HP pool (as OP said before). Like you take Rage on Inaros and you're basically a god, you take Rage on someone like Nyx (first frame that came to my mind, totally random choice of squishy frame) and it's just not really worth the mod capacity since you're dead faster than you have energy to do anything (just typing this her ult just came to mind; ignore her ult)

2 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Well looks like he likes to take his frustration out on everyone, especially since I asked a genuine innocent question about something I didn't know about. I do agree with Rage not being a good option but for other reasons though. I feel like from what I've experienced with Rage, it's kind of a double edged sword with anyone with low armor/HP pool (as OP said before). Like you take Rage on Inaros and you're basically a god, you take Rage on someone like Nyx (first frame that came to my mind, totally random choice of squishy frame) and it's just not really worth the mod capacity since you're dead faster than you have energy to do anything (just typing this her ult just came to mind; ignore her ult)

You'll have to excuse the OP if he came off as a bit too high strung. I can understand how he feels when so many people keep suggesting the same thing when it's just not going to work on Oberon. These guys clearly don't use him, or at least they don't use him much. If they did they would know just how much of an energy hog he is and he's not tanky enough to make use of it in high level content like Atlas or Inaros can. Try not to take how he reacted to you personally.

6 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Volt (normal not prime), also has a small energy pool and no regen mechanics.....

Volt isn't an energy hog like Oberon is. Volt also has a more defined role when he's used which means when he uses an ability it will do just what you need it to do with one cast. Oberon has to use a lot more energy if he wants to do the same amount of work. Especially with the way his abilities are meant to be used together. I've never even tries to use Rage on my Volt or Volt Prime, but I use it on Oberon and he still uses up far too much energy.

Edited by LordMazulia