The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

goto gun for Mesa?

BakeMyCake

Question

What is in your opinion the best/good secondary gun for Mesa? What secondaries do you run on your Mesas?

My mesa is 3 hours from being completed, and I'd like to know what gun do you think is the most suitable. Initially I wanted to match the cowboy theme Mesa has going, so I wanted to get Vasto Prime(since it's a golden revolver), but the more I read about it the more it pales in comparison with the likes of Magnus, Lex and Marelok.

Opinions are welcome, cool screenshots would be appreciated.

23 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I think you are underestimating DT a little too much. Even with the Exalted build that I use [Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Hornet Strike, Primed Target Cracker / Jolt [*need one more forma to fit in an another 90% elem] , Pathogen Rounds , Anemic Agility, Pistol Gambit [I have to get my hands on the primed version soon], it can still take out Lvl 120 Corrupted Heavy Gunners/ Corrupted Bombards/ Corpus Tech in about 7 seconds with no buffs whatsoever. Of course this is simulacrum testing, but the point is that it can still hit like a truck even without the right build. 

Do keep in mind that since it's not a shotgun, the high multishot increases the status chance a lot , up to 70% to be more exact. With Jolt/Scorch, it's at 90% meaning that it will proc like crazy while the passive is activate. Once you get the hang of it, it's rather easy to hit those headshots. With my full status and riven build, it's even more a beast. 

7 seconds? That's awful. No, seriously, that is absolute trash. Use an actual top tier secondary with hitting those same headshots and it should be 1 second tops.

8 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

7 seconds? That's awful. No, seriously, that is absolute trash. Use an actual top tier secondary with hitting those same headshots and it should be 1 second tops.

Then would you please share with me the weapons and the builds that can kill a lvl 120 Corrupted Bombard/ HG in 1 second without buffs/debuffs? Video evidence would be nice too. 

Edited by aligatorno

6 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Exactly. 2-3 seconds for 145lv with right status on the weapon.

My favorite are Aksomati, Lex Prime, Pandero and Akstiletto. They all work nicely with their build and still kills everything by themselves. 

A simple build with crit, multishot and two or four 90% elemental dmg will be great. The 100% status build from Akstiletto works too, but I believe crit is better. I'm not on my pc and can't show you my build, I'll try to do it later if I can.

2 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Dude you are only half right... burst have a timer... the whole 6 sec... OMG you will do so much in 6 sec. and.. wow 5% crit chance... seriously?

OP, don't listen him, he have no idea what he is writing about.

I mean it DOES make a HUGE difference but this weapon dominates your playstyle soo goddarn much and it isn't even beyond beein medicore while you play for the short peacemaker boost, that may or may not have anything to shoot at once you're done.

I can recommend the Synoid Gammacore. Beast DPS, easy to use and the energy boost tends to procc after deactivating peacemaker. Needs you to have a carrier or waste a slot tho.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

The mods you want: Hornet Strike, Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, x2 +90% elements, Primed Heated Charge

Peacemaker shoots pretty fast already.  Lethal Torrent gives you all the fire rate you need.

You want a secondary that really benefits from a good crit build.  Three choices:

Euphona is crazy strong with the above build, able to one shot nearly everything in sortie.  Slow firing though and has trouble with Nullifier shields, the one weakness of Mesa.  

Akstilletto Prime is the best of the bullet hose secondaries, making it great against Nullifiers, but it has a lower base crit chance and multiplier than the Euphona.  

Pandero is a compromise between the two as its burst fire mode with a full magazine can take out shields but it also has the same base crit chance and multiplier as Euphona although it deals less damage per shot.

4 hours ago, BakeMyCake said:

What is in your opinion the best/good secondary gun for Mesa? What secondaries do you run on your Mesas?

My mesa is 3 hours from being completed, and I'd like to know what gun do you think is the most suitable. Initially I wanted to match the cowboy theme Mesa has going, so I wanted to get Vasto Prime(since it's a golden revolver), but the more I read about it the more it pales in comparison with the likes of Magnus, Lex and Marelok.

Opinions are welcome, cool screenshots would be appreciated.

Skipping past all the other comments except to agree with anyone that will have said:
 "you can use any secondary you like because PM simply takes the Augments, not the stats."

Now, that said-

My absolute favorite Secondary for PM-Mesa is the Akstiletto Prime.
Both PM and AP benefit from the exact same mods, and I find that transitioning between firing either of them to be very smooth as their action so similar.

You can just lean into the trigger and go to town on your enemies.

Another weapon that's a great fit is the Lex Prime, or now also the Aklex Prime.
As the LP's stats are extremely close to those of her PM's Regulator Pistols. So again they benefit from exactly the same mods.
-(except for Rivens, if you get a Riven for whatever weapon you choose her PM will actually be down a mod slot if you're using a Riven. So I set up a Tab on the weapon just built for PM with no Riven then.)

Vaykor marelok is very comparable to the Lex Prime. You could totally run the same build and do well there, plus the proc on the Vaykor is nice to have (but won't proc while in PM!)

Then it's simply a matter of preference on if you're actually shooting the Secondary. 

Do you want a pistol that matches the same basic full auto firing action of Peacemaker or a high powered semi-auto sniping pistol?

For something totally different you could go with something like the Pox
You could simply build it with PM in mind, but still, make use of it's AoE effects when not in PM.
Same can be said for the Sonicor.

Another pretty crazy option, imo, would be the Kulstar.
Again mod it for PM but then take advantage of its far range with deadly AoE explosions. Being able to pop PM for close up work means never having to worry about potentially blowing yourself up, haha. It's not a top pick, but it would be fun.

So really it depends on how much you want to use your Secondary when not in PM and then which ones you enjoy when doing so.

Sorry no cool screenshots, heh.
Here's one I have lying around of her holding a Tigris-

Spoiler

849FDD36EB7AD49006231C7D32FDB192142CBA52 (1680×1050)

and the Tenora
5CC30CA77D56EBCF39E804BCDCD6A5A557A9E749 (1680×1050)

OK these are probably not "cool" but a quick visit to Captura-

Spoiler

DDDE8F397B7E4710C5A9CB5A9442CE8CE793559A (1680×1050)2AFF6C99D143F5B76DE01E2873799291AFE587C9 (1680×1050)

Cheers!
~R~

On 4/29/2017 at 6:16 AM, SolarDwagon said:

Like I said, unless I'm wrong and the bug is still in game, DT create no better a peacemaker than any other critmodded weapon. So you can have a good peacemaker and donkey weapon, or good peacemaker and good weapon. No point in the former.

There is no bug. Peacemaker inherits the 6s buff, just like it inherits any buff that affects secondary weapons. The buff applies +150% fire rate multiplicatively with modded fire rate, and +100% toxin damage that is applied like an elemental mod, with all the accompanying boosts on top of that. So yes, the buff is a massive boost in DPS. It kills 50% faster than another weapon with the same mods. As an added bonus, the buff (and also Growing Power) will help you survive as Mesa in endgame by timing your Peacemaker use. Generally speaking, you shouldn't be in Peacemaker for more than 5s or risk death, and that's assuming you are only using it out of slides and bullet jumps. If you stand still in a crowded room past lv50, 95% projectile resistance will not save you.

This is on top of the fact that Toxocyst itself is an excellent weapon in practiced hands, even with a terrible build designed for Peacemaker. There is no accounting for player skill.

But if you're looking for a more straightforward Peacemaker complement, Lex Prime, Brakk and Pandero are arguably the best. All are crit weapons, and Lex is a hybrid, but they have downsides when built for Peacemaker.

Controlling Pandero's kick on the alt-fire is possible without Steady Hands, but fire rate makes that harder to accomplish. It's excellent for reducing armor on high threat targets, and killing in general.

Lex Prime has kick but deals a lot of damage. At a glance, fire rate seems to hurt it since consecutive shots are way off-mark. But if you wait till the barrel starts descending, it jumps down sharply on the second shot before kicking again, allowing consistent consecutive headshots with practice.

Brakk benefits greatly from the same build as Peacemaker, although most prefer not to put dual status on a shotgun that can't achieve 100% status. Nevertheless, with its high pellet count and full-auto trigger it will reduce armor more easily than Pandero and stunlock to boot. Not nearly as good for killing, although Ballistic Battery can help with that. Bleed procs are oddly effective at filling it.

(Fun fact: status ticks will fill Ballistic Battery even if you cast it after dealing the proc. Pandero's and Euphona's alt-fire fill B.B. instantly thanks to all the procs. Although I highly recommend against Euphona, since it has no room in a build for fire rate.)

On 4/29/2017 at 7:06 AM, Eathian said:

If you activate Peacemaker while the bonus is on the bonus will last until you deactivate Peacemaker.

This was nerfed...it doesn't go for the whole peacemaker...