The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Put Aura's On Sentinels Instead

Dazko

Wow people actually think everyone starts off with a sentinel? What bout the people who don't have a sentinel to put Auras on? New players and such.

New players also don't start off with unlocked areas. So your point is moot. New players won't get 90% of the alerts that allow them to collect the Aura Mod in the first place. Not to mention the sentinel is easy to get, and something that every player should get. 

I really like the new Aura system only because I just added 60% more rifle damage to my frame... and I don't like the idea of putting it on your sentinel because I don't like them and don't want one flying around my head.  If you guys can figure out a way for me to keep my 60% damage buff and not have to buy anything extra I'm down with it.  Like lets say... not having them require mod points?  But then again with all these double mods going around it does free up extra points and a slot... so I think its balanced as is.  Meh.

You brought up some good points.

Even though the OP's idea will solve some problems (Like not having to requip aura's when switching warframe), sentinels will become a necessity to use which has its drawbacks.

I dont see why they cant keep the old system of how artifacts were equippable and just call them aura's, which are upgradable.

Edited by Iapetus

This has likely been said before, but with the aura slot being on the sentinels you are forcing people to buy a sentinel, whether that is with plat or a whole lot of farming, to me that seems like a really bad move tbh, you should never force someone to use an item for additional features especially as the aura system is now a core part of the warframes, moving it to the sentinels makes them an essential item, and that's unfair to the people that don't want to use them.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

Even though I'm one of the vocal supporters of the new Aura system overall, I can completely see the merit of this approach.

If a compromise is needed, this is a worthwhile path forward to examine I think.