The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder's thoughts on umbra?

Phyrak

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

This.

Source? I don't think DE has ever indicated that Umbra is coming for any such reason.

the whole Umbra thing is basically a disaster IMO xD it came out of nowhere and people saw then suddenly were like "I WANT THIS, NOW!"

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Can you blame them if they did it though? they said they will need time to make a cinematic quest just to add Umbra to the lore yet people are still ranting and demanding Umbra 0.o 

They have also stated that they will follow that way regardless of community demands and have already kept that word for a long time.

6 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

They have also stated that they will follow that way regardless of community demands and have already kept that word for a long time.

*Few months later* *Umbra finally releases*

Community: WTF why is it exactly the same as regular!!!

DE: ...

Umbra aside, you know what we really should actually care about? CONTENT MAYBE? I dunno.

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

'member when they said umbra would be out like a year ago? then member when they said it be out with update 20?

KFg8HDvs.jpg

isn't umber supposed to be an alternative version of the same frame rather than an upgrade, where as a prime is an upgrade.

I dunno give me Frost umber and I'll be happy. *grabby hands*

Just now, morningstar999 said:

'member when they said umbra would be out like a year ago? then member when they said it be out with update 20?

KFg8HDvs.jpg

isn't umber supposed to be an alternative version of the same frame rather than an upgrade, where as a prime is an upgrade.

I dunno give me Frost umber and I'll be happy. *grabby hands*

Black snowballs ... Dark Chocolate Icecream frame .... GIMME!

Just now, morningstar999 said:

there is more than just excal umbra, though he was the first.

theres also going to be a quest with it.

Yes. A quest that explains Umbra. We don't know what Umbra even is (Other than being the "Shadows of the Warframes"), and so far, it doesn't seem like it's all too important. At the end of the day, it's a quest for Excalibur in a scarf, again, we can wait.

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Yes. A quest that explains Umbra. We don't know what Umbra even is (Other than being the "Shadows of the Warframes"), and so far, it doesn't seem like it's all too important. At the end of the day, it's a quest for Excalibur in a scarf, again, we can wait.

depends what it does, how much lore goes with the quest its supposed to be a carry on from the warwithin so a lot more general lore etc etc etc.

it's the next big thing they are doing so, and what game changing stuff they add to the quest.

I dunno, I don't tend to get my hopes up after the war within and it's disappointments. (mostly the delays and lack of content) but who knows DE might surprise us and become good again.

4 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

depends what it does, how much lore goes with the quest its supposed to be a carry on from the warwithin so a lot more general lore etc etc etc.

it's the next big thing they are doing so, and what game changing stuff they add to the quest.

I dunno, I don't tend to get my hopes up after the war within and it's disappointments. (mostly the delays and lack of content) but who knows DE might surprise us and become good again.

Honestly i'm just skeptical because it's Excalibur. If another version of him never came out, it'd be too soon. Now if we got some new frame to go along with it, that's a different story, but going through a whole ordeal just to get Emo Excalibur....

Really... 
If you feel the need to show off your founders just use Excal prime. Umbra won't be out for years anyway, we have been promised 2 different dates and have not got even anything close to it on either on those dates.
Just flaunt your Excal prime if you enjoy it, use Umbra is you enjoy him. Really not hard and didn't need a bs thread moaning about Founder status.