The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founder's thoughts on umbra?

Phyrak

1 minute ago, Vitrescence said:

I suggest you read the responses above that were directed at you. You are saying a lot of statements that are completely false.

Thankies but no need to suggest I read it already.

Just now, ShinseiArashi said:

When did I ever assume they are upset about this? If anything as a Founder I'm the one upset about this because I don't want the same S#&$ happening to the Exclusive content I paid for as a Founder.

You arent? Do you get it that it was not DE that had the idea for their founders pack? It was never listed as exclusive to them alone, here or there. They were incredibly transparent about it to their players from the beginning.

Just now, Freezing-Dragon said:

We don't know the mechanics for umbra... yet I still seeing Founders 'complains' about it.

Seriously..

You got what you PAID for:

The FOUNDER Sigil

FOUNDER badges

what else you want?

We are getting the EXCALIBUR UMBRA not Excalibur Umbra Prime

Until more info about Umbra, it still in fogged of mystery.

Excal Umbra is the same as 'Umbra Prime' 

Umbra Prime was just how they titled it for China's Founder pack.

As a Founder I'm complaining because if they are willing to do this to China Founders what to say the won't do the same to ours?
I do NOT want to see the $300+ I put into Founders becoming worthless. Which is the main issue I have with DE releasing Umbra Excal here, it completely devalues China's Founder package, and the money they put into it.

3 minutes ago, ShinseiArashi said:

Imo the big deal isn't even Excal Umbra or Prime. The big issue is, imo, the ethics and morality behind releasing a Founder's item, an exclusive item, to another portion of the world FOR FREE.

Yes but... they didnt give them an excal prime they gave them excal umbra.

Technically ..they didnt break any moral ethics. Nor would they be breaking any by releasing an umbra excal in the west.. idk..as i said, even if i was a founder i wouldnt care. I'd enjoy the fact that theres a new frame to collect. Id have 3 excals and everyone else would only have 2..

1 minute ago, ShinseiArashi said:

As a Founder I'm complaining because if they are willing to do this to China Founders what to say the won't do the same to ours?
I do NOT want to see the $300+ I put into Founders becoming worthless. Which is the main issue I have with DE releasing Umbra Excal here, it completely devalues China's Founder package, and the money they put into it.

Not only that, but it devalues our own rewards as well. 

1 minute ago, ShinseiArashi said:

Because they legally CANT. It's stupidly absurd that the people that signed the agreement for the contract for the exclusivity didn't pay attention or just don't understand law enough to realize that it is legally binding...

4 minutes ago, ShinseiArashi said:

When did I ever assume they are upset about this? If anything as a Founder I'm the one upset about this because I don't want the same S#&$ happening to the Exclusive content I paid for as a Founder.

why are you assuming that your founder gears would be rereleased in another time? if they could, they would've done so already, but because of founders like you [not meant in a bad way, just meant that founders that dont want their stuffs rereleased], they cant rerelease it

Just now, Varacal said:

why are you assuming that your founder gears would be rereleased in another time? if they could, they would've done so already, but because of founders like you [not meant in a bad way, just meant that founders that dont want their stuffs rereleased], they cant rerelease it

I'm not assuming that they are going to do so. What my point is, is that if they are willing to disvalue China-Founders by releasing the ONE thing that made THEIR Founder pack unique, what's to say they won't find SOME way to do the same in regards to our Founders?

2 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

-Snip-

There are plenty of Pay-to-Win games out there. I'm not advocating that.

What I'm advocating is the Founder's Exclusivity, that being Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime, not being released in an alternate form... which is exactly what Umbra is. 

Regarding prime statistics, look at every single prime in the game. They are all a better variant of their base versions, and any other version of them in the game. Nikana Prime is better than both the Dragon Nikana and the Nikana Base. Frost Prime is better than Frost. Rhino Prime is better than Rhino. Hence my comments about the stat increases to Excalibur Umbra.

FYI, I didn't buy for looks. I bought Excalibur Prime because I wanted to support the game as much as I could - it's a game I love and still love, even now. Don't need to be rude.

8 minutes ago, ShinseiArashi said:

I'm not assuming that they are going to do so. What my point is, is that if they are willing to disvalue China-Founders by releasing the ONE thing that made THEIR Founder pack unique, what's to say they won't find SOME way to do the same in regards to our Founders?

they are handled by different people, not because it happened there, doesnt mean its gonna happen here, and besides, umbra was already planned on being released anyway, they just needed lore to go with it

also, isnt it that as long as founders object to it, they cant release it? founders always remind people of that when there are threads that want excal prime to be rereleased

i don't care, it's a game, I already got my money's worth and way more from getting my founders pack so I honestly don't care, if anything I welcome anything Excalibur and it shouldn't be limited for whatever reason, let everyone else get this version and enjoy it in peace if it's ever released

If founders had donated large amounts of money it would be a different story, but they didn't. They purchased Excalibur prime and that's it. Their thank you was not giving it to other people and the special badge and they were lucky to get that, a "thank you" period is generous, not to mention the potential money de lost by not offering Excalibur p for purchase to other people. De has more than payed back their non existent debt, and anyone who disagrees is most likely just speaking with a feeling of entitlement. Founders go exactly what they payed for and more. Nothing else is owed and they were never offered exclusive access to the strongest version of Excalibur. I wouldn't care if they could apply the prime skin to umbra, because, well, that's what they payed for; a shiny excal. Any idea that de needs to constantly please the founders is stupid.

2 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

If founders had donated large amounts of money it would be a different story, but they didn't. They purchased Excalibur prime and that's it. Their thank you was not giving it to other people and the special badge and they were lucky to get that, a "thank you" period is generous, not to mention the potential money de lost by not offering Excalibur p for purchase to other people. De has more than payed back their non existent debt, and anyone who disagrees is most likely just speaking with a feeling of entitlement. Founders go exactly what they payed for and more. Nothing else is owed and they were never offered exclusive access to the strongest version of Excalibur. I wouldn't care if they could apply the prime skin to umbra, because, well, that's what they payed for; a shiny excal. Any idea that de needs to constantly please the founders is stupid.

200+ Dollars is not a large sum of money to you? Damn...

Just now, Syndrella said:

Compared how much I paid it is not but for others it is.

I'm only counting the founders pack. Again, you are not the only person who has dumped Hundreds if not a Thousand + into this game.

5 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

If founders had donated large amounts of money it would be a different story, but they didn't.

150-200 dollars isn't a large amount of money? What? I mean, It's not 1k, but when you're talking about the populace contributing to the funding games, then that is absolutely a large amount of money.

5 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

Their thank you was not giving it to other people and the special badge and they were lucky to get that, a "thank you" period is generous, not to mention the potential money de lost by not offering Excalibur p for purchase to other people. De has more than payed back their non existent debt, and anyone who disagrees is most likely just speaking with a feeling of entitlement.

34 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

A bill of sale is a legally binding contract and said bill had a confirmation requiring a digital signature that verified that the one signing knew the binding aspects of the sale regarding the exclusivity if the item. It was not just a promise.

Edited by Miro_X

33 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

A bill of sale is a legally binding contract and said bill had a confirmation requiring a digital signature that verified that the one signing knew the binding aspects of the sale regarding the exclusivity if the item. It was not just a promise. Do better yourself and learn some more about digital sales and laws regarding them.

I know enough about this since I helped found other games and I consider myself a gamer who enjoy gaming.

1 minute ago, Syndrella said:

That is your problem.

Same can be said for you. Not everyone shares my opinion, and not everyone shares yours. Don't act like they do.

It's clear a decent chunk of Founders are either unsure or unhappy about this choice with Umbra given the responses above so far. With everything being devalued it's only going to add a bit of a negative backlash to the release should they not make some things really clear about it. IE: What has all been mentioned above in terms of concerns. Which are many. 

We can hope that DE at least acknowledges the concerns at the least. Maybe even dismiss some of t he concerns as a whole.

1 hour ago, Defion said:

I know it was/is a prime there, but there is not here...... DE allready stated that umbra would be a universal thing ssssoooo yea.

Also shouldnt this be posted in the design council section? oooh wait DE destroyed de Design council by letting random people join in... Ha     ha        ha.....:sadcry:

4d3b94e6237c4b6dab2a79280e2808b4.jpg

Same can be said for you. Not everyone shares my opinion, and not everyone shares yours. Don't act like they do.

It's clear a decent chunk of Founders are either unsure or unhappy about this choice with Umbra given the responses above so far. With everything being devalued it's only going to add a bit of a negative backlash to the release should they not make some things really clear about it. IE: What has all been mentioned above in terms of concerns. Which are many. 

We can hope that DE at least acknowledges the concerns at the least. Maybe even dismiss some of t he concerns as a whole.

Don't think we have to worry about that.  If DE was OK with a pulling a screwjob, they would've done so by now.

Far more likely Umbra will not be a simple Prime equivalent, since they do intend to do more Umbra's then Excalibur.  More likely it will be a sidegrade - a frame you'll want to use vs the base frame sometimes, but not all the time.  Makes financial sense that way too, since it would cause players to ignore the other Prime frames DE is still selling if it's an umbra is upgrade to the Primes, and Umbras could be coming for any prime. 

They talked about making the western Umbra frames tied to the focus system so it's not a prime. And of course any new Excalibur upgrade will be stronger than Excal Prime since there's barely any difference between it and the normal Excal in stats. When they made the Excal Prime offer they didn't think the game would survive beyond a few years so they did something stupid and made the Excal prime limited so right now the Excal line is a dead end in progression for new players as soon as they are done with the normal version.

Edited by Golmihr

I am agree with you one this one but the founder thingy is based on a false promise what you got from the devs. It shouldn't happen like how happend because this will continues the discussions like this. I am sure my and your opinions are, there are others whom don't really care or mind if they re release the founder stuffs if that is happens in the same term as did when they backed. 

I am not sure what they can do to solve this the only thing I see as option if they re relase the stuffs it but then you guys most of them will go or accept the new situation. Personally I do no need any founder stuffs and not interested in the umbra but I am picky when a group of peoples want to decide how a new stuff should be implemented. Others have to be also the same options like you any elitism in any game is a bad idea and make the gap unnecessary to the players.

I am thank your contribution in that time but the game evolved and a lot of peoples contributing to the game to keep alive.