Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with unwanted weapons and mods?

JadeFromWarframe

Question

Title says it all. There's no way I'm getting plat for the MK-1 Kunai and Bo or a bunch of Vitality mods, so do I just sell the weapons for creds and convert the mods to endo? Or is there something else I can do with the weapons, and is fusion worth it?

Edited by SirKeksalot

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, SirKeksalot said:

There's no way I'm getting plat for the MK-1 Kunai and Bo

normal weapons you just sell for credits, then repeat the process with the prime variants (and prisma, vandal etc...) if you do not wish to keep and use them.

9 minutes ago, SirKeksalot said:

bunch of Vitality mods

any rank 10 mod can be maxed out and sold for plat, albeit a lowish price but its still possible.  Other than that yes, dissolve and get endo.

10 minutes ago, SirKeksalot said:

is fusion worth it?

I think you might mean transmutation and possibly.  So long as you have a ton of credits to spend and are using rare mods for transmuting.  There are various rare mods than are obtainable that way that are very difficult to farm.

Personally, I haven't bothered dissolving any mods, I just collect as many as I can for kicks.  I ranked and sold any weapon that had a better version available because it frees up weapon slots for the ones you wish to keep.

Although you didn't ask, no there is nothing to be done with blueprints (Oberon, Dread) other than selling them for credits or keeping them for fun.

Sell useless weapons -- namely everything that says MK-1 -- after you've leveled them to 30 for mastery rank experience. 

Convert often got, duplicate mods to endo or credits, whatever you need more at the moment. 

Sell prime  parts and blueprints for platinum, so you can buy slots. 

When it comes to weapons you don't use anymore, the only thing you can do is sell them for credits(used weapons can't be traded, and only a select few unused ones are tradable, mostly just ones from bari ki'teer's inventory). Before you sell them, I'd check the wiki to see if they're used in crafting any other weapons first, though: for example, the normal(not mk-1) versions of kunai and bo go into making the tipedo, which in turn goes into making lesion, two rather good melee weapons.

I'll be honest, most of the duplicate mods you get won't net you any respectable amounts of credits or endo(at least in my experience), but as a new player, dissolving mods into endo could be a good choice.

I would assume that by fusion you mean transmutation, and I would say that it IS worth it, because transmuting gold mods can get you some gold mods that you may have trouble finding out in the wild(it got me my first copy of the rage mod, which was a life-saver). However, it also costs what is, for you, likely a very large amount of credits. In that case, I can't say it would be worth it since you may need credits more for building new weapons/frames.