Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing endless for relics

FlyingFoxel

Most people were pretty salty when endless keys were no longer a thing. However I think I may have came up with a decent system to keep it balanced and worth it.

When the drop is rolled for the relic at the end of the wave/5min/round then have a 5th option on the side to abstain from picking a choice this removes your relic form the group and you get nothing that round but you can re roll the same relic next round.

This way endless don't provide a major advantage but at least there's a way to get the drop you want the old fashioned way of grinding to late game for rare/vaulted relics rather then relying purely on RNGeuse.

anyone thoughts?

Edit:

Troll defense would be 5 second window at start of selection and if someone picks it it refreshes the window. that way they cant grey out their option without the squad also getting the chance.

Edited by FlyingFoxel
epic spelling error, update

yes your choice wont be a choice, they cant pick it that's the point. It would be greyed the second you choose that. The issue of last second decisions could also be solved by only allowing it for the first 5 seconds of the picking screen. This way you cant just bumb everyone off your relic. how often have you ran 20+ rads and got forma 18 times in the same mission this has happened to me many times.

2 minutes ago, FlyingFoxel said:

yes your choice wont be a choice, they cant pick it that's the point. It would be greyed the second you choose that. The issue of last second decisions could also be solved by only allowing it for the first 5 seconds of the picking screen. This way you cant just bumb everyone off your relic. how often have you ran 20+ rads and got forma 18 times in the same mission this has happened to me many times.

And you still don't see the trolling potential there?

At this point, I would rather they let people who didn't bring a Relic, continue to gather traces. Have to use a Relic to gather more traces in endless or just repeat short missions is one of the main annoyances of the relic system.

That's troll bait of the first degree.  There are people who would join Radshares intending 100% to hit the remove button if they get the rare, just for the lols of making other players angry.  That's what trolls do.

1 minute ago, FlyingFoxel said:

Not really the person doing the trolling gets nothing at all each time they do it and when a gold drop i doubt they will troll. They wouldn't be able to mess with players choices on the relics they brought.

The group also gets nothing.  Someone may have wanted what was rolled and you can decide for them that they can't have it.  I like being able to reroll relics but I doubt it would work like this.

hey my words not law i am only making a suggestion i am sure checks and balances can be made into the system it's just an idea. On a side note maybe it's time to force trolls to only have access to playing with other trolls. Other games have systems in place to do that.

3 minutes ago, Phatose said:

That's troll bait of the first degree.  There are people who would join Radshares intending 100% to hit the remove button if they get the rare, just for the lols of making other players angry.  That's what trolls do.

god i wish that wasn't true, smh wtf is wrong with people?

4 minutes ago, FlyingFoxel said:

Not really the person doing the trolling gets nothing at all each time they do it and when a gold drop i doubt they will troll. They wouldn't be able to mess with players choices on the relics they brought.

Sweet! This Galatine Prime Blueprint I've been farming for for days; the random just got it rolled. Let me select that... What? It's greyed out? Why? No one else got it. This is my last Axi G1 relic, and I got nothing for it, but it's literally right there. 

/customcommand 

/run FistThroughScreen.exe

Spoiler

Image result for fist through screen gif

Just now, FlyingFoxel said:

hey my words not law i am only making a suggestion i am sure checks and balances can be made into the system it's just an idea. On a side note maybe it's time to force trolls to only have access to playing with other trolls. Other games have systems in place to do that.

That's kind of the problem with a lot of suggestions people sometimes make. They want something done without putting any forethought into how it would be exploited and how to prevent/resolve those exploits. That's like just knocking a hole in a wall because it lets you get to the other side faster, but then leaving other people to figure out how to patch it up, build a door, or what might flood through the hole as a result.

8 minutes ago, Ryme said:

That's kind of the problem with a lot of suggestions people sometimes make. They want something done without putting any forethought into how it would be exploited and how to prevent/resolve those exploits. That's like just knocking a hole in a wall because it lets you get to the other side faster, but then leaving other people to figure out how to patch it up, build a door, or what might flood through the hole as a result.

wow hostile, wtf happened to the community, Open a topic for discussion and people just show up to hate, rather then actually discuss and maybe improve a concept.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Sweet! This Galatine Prime Blueprint I've been farming for for days; the random just got it rolled. Let me select that... What? It's greyed out? Why? No one else got it. This is my last Axi G1 relic, and I got nothing for it, but it's literally right there. 

/customcommand 

/run FistThroughScreen.exe

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for fist through screen gif

Why not grey out your own so you don't loose the relic? This is only for endless, so here's an idea if someone greys something out it refreshes the option this way you lose nothing aside from time, and you keep the relic you also brought. This way you could just call the guy a dunce, leave then block him.

Edited by FlyingFoxel
weird gltich thing appeard mid text

6 minutes ago, FlyingFoxel said:

wow @(*()$ hostile, wtf happened to the community, Open a topic for discussion and people just show up to hate, rather then actually discuss and maybe improve a concept.

Why not grey out your own so you don't loose the relic? This is only for endless, so here's an idea if someone greys something out it refreshes the option this way you lose nothing aside from time, and you keep the relic you also brought. This way you could just call the guy a dunce, leave then block him.

On the contrary, I tried to present the point as objectively as possible. Notice I didn't start off with saying "That's the problem with YOUR idea."

As for your suggestion about just "greying out" your own relic, the troll would obviously wait for the last possible second to grey theirs out, at which time you would no longer have a chance to grey yours out, if that mattered at all. This was commonly done in Void endless missions, where people would wait for the last second to switch to "extract" and ditch the team or specific people to be overrun by higher tier of enemies.

And just to familiarize you with the concept and motivation behind trolling

The Sixth Taste
Edited by Ryme

Just now, Ryme said:

On the contrary, I tried to present the point as objectively as possible. Notice I didn't start off with saying "That's the problem with YOUR idea."

As for your suggestion about just "greying out" your own relic, the troll would obviously wait for the last possible second to grey theirs out, at which time would you no longer have a chance to grey yours out. This was commonly done in Void endless missions, where people would wait for the last second to switch to "extract" and ditch the team or specific people to be overrun by higher tier of enemies.

And just to familiarize you with the concept and motivation behind trolling

Reveal hidden contents

The Sixth Taste

was already discussed window is 5 seconds at the start this stops that

30 minutes ago, Ryme said:

At this point, I would rather they let people who didn't bring a Relic, continue to gather traces. Have to use a Relic to gather more traces in endless or just repeat short missions is one of the main annoyances of the relic system.

you can though. so long as you collect the 10 then you get traces regardless of whether you opened a relic.

Just now, Wrum said:

you can though. so long as you collect the 10 then you get traces regardless of whether you opened a relic.

You get traces from the first "round" of payouts, but you can't get any more if you try to continue. Unless you spend the traces by opening a relic, continuing in an endless mission won't let you pick up any more.

1 hour ago, Ryme said:

You get traces from the first "round" of payouts, but you can't get any more if you try to continue. Unless you spend the traces by opening a relic, continuing in an endless mission won't let you pick up any more.

yes it will i've done it.