Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm Riven build?

(PSN)Grim-Reaperz_8

Question

17 answers to this question

It's a good roll but it's not the greatest by any stretch. I'd stick with the following mods.
Primed Point Blank/Point Blank
Hell's Chamber
Blaze
Your riven
Those 4 without a doubt. Now depending on who you're fighting you may want to switch out mods but you should be using 2 of the following to get your status chance up to 100% Frigid blast, Shell Shock, Toxic Barrage Scattering Inferno. The other 2 remaining slots are up to you. Whether you want to go Crit damage and increased fire rate or more elements is totally up to you.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ethandismembered said:

It's a good roll but it's not the greatest by any stretch. I'd stick with the following mods.
Primed Point Blank/Point Blank
Hell's Chamber
Blaze
Your riven
Those 4 without a doubt. Now depending on who you're fighting you may want to switch out mods but you should be using 2 of the following to get your status chance up to 100% Frigid blast, Shell Shock, Toxic Barrage Scattering Inferno. The other 2 remaining slots are up to you. Whether you want to go Crit damage and increased fire rate or more elements is totally up to you.

Awesome I'll give this a go ty for getting back to me!

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Grim-Reaperz_8 said:

I just had read somewhere that if it's not 120% status it's not good on a riven. Kinda lost heh

Extra percent stats on Rivens add to the base Status chance of the weapon. Since the Kohm has 25% base Status chance, your Riven should be getting just over 50% per shot. And since the Kohm adds pellets to its shots the longer the trigger is held, that Status will start paying off really quickly. It's been a long time since I've owned a Kohm, but I really dug Multishot and Fire Rate on it. It already has innate punchthrough, so you can either ignore that if dealing with spread out enemies or slap on further PT to deal with clustered enemies. Slash is good, Corrosive for Grineer/Corrputed, Gas for Infested, Blast for proxies.

I would say keep the Riven mod as is for now, try it out, and try cycling it when you have the Kuva to spare. Rivens can always be better than they currently are, but that doesn't mean they can't offer a benefit in their current state. (I'm in a similar situation with my Stradavar Riven. It's only got two stats on it, so it could be better, but right now those two stats are making it a beast anyway.)

Edited by SenorClipClop

(Primed) Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blaze

4x dual stat elemental

Riven

They say 120% because the Kohm needs +300% status chance to reach 100%, which is 120% +3 dual stat element mods.

You might think the difference isn't that big, but the math disagrees.

The status chance per pellet is 100% is 100%, so all pellets proc.

With 25%*3,97=99,25% status chance, you only have a proc chance per pellet of 1-(1-0,9925)^(1/12)=33,4%. In other words: Only about one third of the procs.

22 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

(Primed) Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blaze

4x dual stat elemental

Riven

They say 120% because the Kohm needs +300% status chance to reach 100%, which is 120% +3 dual stat element mods.

You might think the difference isn't that big, but the math disagrees.

The status chance per pellet is 100% is 100%, so all pellets proc.

With 25%*3,97=99,25% status chance, you only have a proc chance per pellet of 1-(1-0,9925)^(1/12)=33,4%. In other words: Only about one third of the procs.

Ok so I got 

Hells Chamber

toxic barrage

scattering inferno 

shellshock

blaze

riven

prime point blank

should that do the trick? Notice it's 100% status now too

Just now, (PS4)Grim-Reaperz_8 said:

Ok so I got 

Hells Chamber

toxic barrage

scattering inferno 

shellshock

blaze

riven

prime point blank

should that do the trick? Notice it's 100% status now too

Yup. Should strip armour in no time at all like that if you set it up for corrosive.

11 minutes ago, -VV-mago_de_muerte said:

not with kohm.

Explain why?

11 minutes ago, -VV-mago_de_muerte said:

Also notice I didn't propose a full crit build.

Why would you put in ravage if you don't mod for crit? Like I sayd... pretty pointless.

Just to be clear, my build has 30% crit chance and 4.6x crit damage, I know what I'm speaking of.

Edited by O.O_

Just now, (PS4)Grim-Reaperz_8 said:

How do I set this up for corrosion with dual stats? Sorry to bug just having a hard go

The mod system takes the first two elements it finds and combines them, so you need to either slot electricity+toxin or cold+fire as the earliest elemental mods in your build.

Regarding what early means: The mod slots are essentially numbered from 1 to 8, 1 being the one in the top left and 8 in the bottom right. If you slot toxin+electricity into slot 3 and 4 and have no elemental mods in slot 1 and 2, you will get corrosive.

Most ideal riven would be status, multi shot and either reserve ammo, fire rate or reload speed. Could always get damage but the kohm's output already out classes most every weapon at full spool. Got one right now that's multi, status, reserve and negative critical chance. With ammo case (carrier) sitting at 2.5k reserve and around 300% multi shot on 100% status using only 3 60/60 mods. Thing eats anything in its path and with that reserve and doubling up on mutations (ammo case+primed mut) trigger control is unnecessary for about an hour unless your shooting into a wall. That multishot and status means nearly 48 procs per shot, lvl140 armored doesn't even last long enough to matter.

However that's just my thoughts and experience with it.