Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sounds 9.2.x Thread Merger

RaptorShinRyu

I'm totally aware that there were a few people who didn't like the Latron Prime's old "pew pew" sound. No idea why. I thought it sounded great. It fit the gun's appearance perfectly. People liked the Dera's old "pew pew" sounds....

After Update 9, it sounds horrible and generic. On speakers without bass, it's even worse, sounding like someone shaking a plastic bag.

DE, it's awesome that you listen to your community, but next time, please take a poll on whether something like this should be changed, or perhaps give us an option ingame that lets us use different sounds.

Wait, it's been changed again? I know it'd changed before U9. 

There is a post saying why they keep changing the sounds. Though I don't understand why they can't keep the working reasonable sounds before they switch over to ones they're unsure that work or solve the problem. 

Wait, it's been changed again? I know it'd changed before U9. 

There is a post saying why they keep changing the sounds. Though I don't understand why they can't keep the working reasonable sounds before they switch over to ones they're unsure that work or solve the problem. 

As far as I know it was similar, if not the same before update 9. Can you link me to the post?

A lot of people were disagreeing with the sound changes to weapon like the Gorgon, Strun, Boar, Bronco, Snipetron, etc.

Where did all those go? Once U9 rolled around, they seemed to fall off the radar...
I'd like to see those discussions rekindled, because I still cannot take the shotguns or Grineer Heavy Gunners seriously.

DE should be really carefull when giving the Braton Prime a awesome sound to not &!$$ off the Braton Vandal owners even more. They're already walking on very very thin ice in that matter.

you think they are S#&$ting you because you payed 1 credit in a limited time? please, don´t make me laugh. with that logic, braton users where #*($%%@ because of the existence of the braton vandal

you think they are S#&$ting you because you payed 1 credit in a limited time? please, don´t make me laugh. with that logic, braton users where #*($%%@ because of the existence of the braton vandal

wow, look at that. i didn´t know they censored some words

I've done a quick search, and I see I'm not alone with this. Since I have been maining this weapon for a long time, I will give my insights in this thread instead of replying to an existing one.

So, I have been like a month and a half away from the game, and been back in the game since update 9. Because update 8 just felt like a kick in the nuts to me (4 active players clan).

I was equipping the Lato Vandal (will get to the Latos later as well) this week. Now today, I equipped the Vipers back. I knew they changed the sound, and hearing it from other players sounded funny pew pew. But when you equip em yourself, they sound even weaker. I don't know how many times the sound has been changed. And I recognize the sound was too damn loud in the beginning, but this is just ridiculous. 

- Why don't you keep the original sound, and lower the volume a bit if that was the problem?

- I suggest keeping this sound for a silenced variant of this weapon or a similar one.

- As a secondary weapon user I feel like these are not worth using anymore, I'd rather use the Lato. And it is a shame, because it is a lot less spectacular.

Now the Lato. I see you changed the Lato (standard) sounds for some silly sounds as well. But the Vandal is still untouched.

- I suggest, beefier sounds for the standard Latos.

- I bloody hope you don't add the new sound to the Vandal as well...

And the snipetron. I have never had one until the Vandal event, and I have seen the sound has changed many times in the patch notes. As someone who has heard it from teammates, I don't hear any difference in sound. And I think I saw it changed 2 or 3 times, Can someone clarify in what changed?

TL;DR

- Why do you change the Viper sound to a dumb peashooter?

- The standard Latos are dumb sounding as well. Fix please.

- Has the snipetron sound changed at all? I saw it being changed various times and don't notice the difference.

- Some people will say, well, use the kunais/despair/shuriken instead, they are better anyway. Well, no, I like guns, thanks.

So are the new U9 sounds supposed to be the replacements, using the new system? Or are they simply placeholders for the good sounds that are totally coming soon. :<

Wanted a latron prime solely because of the pretty sound it made, and now that it doesn't, I don't really want it anymore (and of course, now that I don't want it, I finally found the LP receiver).

sounding like someone shaking a plastic bag.

Hate the new LP sound, love that analogy.

But yeah, the sound was almost the entire reason I even wanted the latron prime.

And of course, with my luck, I finally found my first LP receiver today. Really hope they bring back old sound, or something similar that works with their new system.