The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback Cipher Resource Change.

Husla

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FuriousALPH4 said:

I'm guessing you don't build '10x energy restores' then

Or one front loads one's farming so one doesn't get caught short by events like this.

7Ps.

Again, keeping extractors running on polymer bundle nodes can short stop this whole issue. Normally these are for building energy restores (I typically keep about 200 on hand at any one time), but they do get used for other things. Keep your stocks up. Having a few hundred thousand or so on hand of the common and uncommon resources removes the worry of this sort of thing.

Oh, and keep distilling extractors running on the rare resources--neural sensors, neurodes, and gallium. This is a bit more problematic because yields tend to be low, but if kept up you will accumulate significant stocks.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:18 AM, Zanoza-chan said:

DE doesn't need to change things just becuz you farmed something more than something else.There's some thing called "balance".

Balance? LMAO

So sitting on literal millions of common resources and having hundreds of thousands of other barely used resources is balance? That is working as intended?

Do you even know what a resource sink is? It is something that is designed to use up otherwise unused and stockpiled resources. Warframe has a lot of resources that need a sink. This event is a missed opportunity for balance.

Do you think they putting a random resource in a recipe and then just throwing an update without any analysis?

Uhh, yeah. Because they have kinda done bonehead things like that before, so it's entirely possible that they just slapped Polys on there without thinking it through.

This boss is dropping the parts of rare wep, why should you have a chance to get those parts by paying garbage? Think about that.

Because we would pay a lot of garbage. Just like we did with the Famorian one. And we are thinking about it, thinking about how much better it could have been, while you are just blindly defending a bad decision.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

damn, lotta salt over this event. good job I have the Gorgon Wraith already!

watch as the next prime (most likely Oberon) will require about 20k polymer for each part XD

Im calling it now.

Total cost for next primed warframe would be 50 nitain, 100k Polymer bundle, Blood of your firstborn and tears of your enemies.

1 minute ago, Lucavee said:

Blood of your firstborn and tears of your enemies.

can we do blood of enemies instead? I usually shoot them before they get chance to cry lol.. or would that be reducing the grind too much? xD

don't forget 10 Argon Crystals and 15k Oxium per part.. and maybe some Mutagen Samples, since those were such a big hit last time! :devil: 

On 2017-5-12 at 6:15 PM, Husla said:

It requires 3500 Polymer. Can this be changed to any of these resources we have abundant amount of. Salvage/Ferrite/Alloy Plate/Circuits/Nano Spores/Control Modules.

Cry..... Cry..... Cry..... Cry and... Oh yes!! Cry even more.

Im sorry but Im tired reading cry-threads.

Just play it man. Farm and go. Easy.

20 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Or one front loads one's farming so one doesn't get caught short by events like this.

7Ps.

Again, keeping extractors running on polymer bundle nodes can short stop this whole issue. Normally these are for building energy restores (I typically keep about 200 on hand at any one time), but they do get used for other things. Keep your stocks up. Having a few hundred thousand or so on hand of the common and uncommon resources removes the worry of this sort of thing.

Oh, and keep distilling extractors running on the rare resources--neural sensors, neurodes, and gallium. This is a bit more problematic because yields tend to be low, but if kept up you will accumulate significant stocks.

I built as many energy restores as I could until I ran out and now I have 700 energy restores and 0 bundles (T_T)

On 5/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, LinaCrysta said:

Are you guys serious,part of the event is hunting for the materials for it.god forbid you got to PLAY THE GAME to get the things needed.Go to a darksector and get the 3.5k in at worst 3 runs or at best 1 run.wow so hard *rolls eyes*

I know the event is boosterover, but I wanted to address your point.

Dark Sector: Akkad (25% resource boost)
Squad setup: Nekros, Pilfying Hydro (w resource chance and resource count booster; me), Buff, EV
Even with the following setup and augments, we are pulling in only ~10-12k polymer in 20 minutes. Now imagine people without a booster- they get half as much in 20 minutes . 5k poly is enough to craft one cipher. Combined with everything, that's around 30minutes of prepwork (getting a squad together, crafting the key, extracting, and then completing the actual mission). For ONE shot at the Razorbacks reward table. Everyone can do it no doubt, but is it really fair to expect players to have that much free time on their hands?

Edit- typo; the event is over, not booster :P 

Edited by CorerMaximus

On 5/13/2017 at 5:38 AM, TomGetsIt said:

Speak for yourself, I have much more polymer than alloy plate

How... Lol? 

I only have 200k poloymer and around 3 million alloy plate. Most people have this ratio of resources because alloy plate is so much more common and used more often.

4 minutes ago, CorerMaximus said:

I know the event is booster, but I wanted to address your point.

Dark Sector: Akkad (25% resource boost)
Squad setup: Nekros, Pilfying Hydro (w resource chance and resource count booster; me), Buff, EV
Even with the following setup and augments, we are pulling in only ~10-12k polymer in 20 minutes. Now imagine people without a booster- they get half as much in 20 minutes . 5k poly is enough to craft one cipher. Combined with everything, that's around 30minutes of prepwork (getting a squad together, crafting the key, extracting, and then completing the actual mission). For ONE shot at the Razorbacks reward table. Everyone can do it no doubt, but is it really fair to expect players to have that much free time on their hands?

Meanwhile the so called "pro and competitive" tenno would be spamming the event if they feel like it cause the have an abundant amount of polymer bundles sitting around because they run double resource boosters 24/7 and doesnt require the constant energy pizza for whatever reason they might have.

Jokes aside, as a casual player i feel... sidelined? i dont know the word in english.

But having to spend that much time to craft the cipher, and then get into a pub squad where everyone would try to crawl as slowly as possible so they dont have to be the one that open the door.. never again.

If i didnt need a puncture mod for my vaykor hek i wouldnt even bother participating.

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FuriousALPH4 said:

I built as many energy restores as I could until I ran out and now I have 700 energy restores and 0 bundles (T_T)

Well, yeah. I built a bunch, too (200 odd--and I keep the number around 200). Still, you need that strategic reserve.

That's why you let your extractors do the work for you. While you do what you want (more or less), they're out there extracting polymer bundles, ferrite, alloy plate, nano-spores (about ran out of these at one point; was down to 250k, extractors fixed that in about a month or so), and, of course, the distillers can keep the rares topped up.

Admittedly, I don't like fighting corpus all that much and tend to avoid them, but that just means you must cycle those extractors on the polymer nodes as much as possible. It's just an ongoing process.

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Well, yeah. I built a bunch, too (200 odd--and I keep the number around 200). Still, you need that strategic reserve.

That's why you let your extractors do the work for you. While you do what you want (more or less), they're out there extracting polymer bundles, ferrite, alloy plate, nano-spores (about ran out of these at one point; was down to 250k, extractors fixed that in about a month or so), and, of course, the distillers can keep the rares topped up.

Admittedly, I don't like fighting corpus all that much and tend to avoid them, but that just means you must cycle those extractors on the polymer nodes as much as possible. It's just an ongoing process.

I'm mr13 with 700+ hours on this game but I have no idea on extractors